✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Radiohead

hmmm let's see. B-sides are best for me! :nice:

It's hard to say because both the featured side (a-side) and b-sides are killers.

Let's see. ... :thinking:

- Inside My Head

- Banana Co

- Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong

- Pearly (good ol Johnny!)

- True Love Waits (dreamy lyrics coming from, yes, Radiohead)

- India Rubber (get to hear that twisted Johnny G. laugh) :laugh1:

- Molasses (veewwwy catchy)

- Palo Alto (it's about Cali.!) :cheesy:

and many many More! :)

what about you!?

let's discuss something... :dozey:

favourite b-side?

yeah, now that I look up at this page, there is a bunch of this business going on...

:curtain: :nice: :uhoh:

and many kisses :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

AND they are mostly directed towards the handsome handsome Nik...what's with that!?

:rolleyes:

FROM NME!!!! :shocked3:

Radiohead reveal 'terrifying' new album

Thom Yorke has compared writing for Radiohead's new album to that on 'OK Computer' - but has declared the lyrics will be even more terrifying!

The group are recording with new producer Mark 'Spike' Stent (who has worked with Keane, Madonna and Oasis in the past) and in a world exclusive interview, Yorke said that despite rumours that the follow-up to 'Hail To The Thief' will have a political feel, in fact the opposite is true.

He said: "It's about that anonymous fear thing, sitting in traffic, thinking, 'I'm sure I'm supposed to be doing something else'.

Interestingly enough it's similar to 'OK Computer' in a way. It's much more terrifying. But 'OK Computer' was terrifying too -some of the lyrics were."

Up to 16 tracks are being considered for the band's next album, with current favourites including 'Nude', '15 Step', 'Arpeggi' and 'House Of Cards'.

Next month fans will have the first chance to hear the songs on a European tour, which will visit Blackpool Empress Ballroom (May 12-13), Wolverhampton Civic Hall (15-16) and London Hammersmith Apollo (18-19) in the UK.

Writing on his diary at Radiohead.com, Yorke had previously said that the band are "finally getting somewhere", and are optimistic about getting the songs right for the tour.

"Listening back to things we are doing and looking through the lyrics today and stuff it feels like we are finally getting somewhere", he explained. "There are lots of songs. Too many to get together straight away. So we will be furiously rehearsing and writing as we go.

"I think we've always worked best when we aren't bothered about making mistakes. Theres a lot of baggage about the old way of doing things that is hard to get over... all the 'album' crap. Just this level of pressure that is ridiculous. We're just going to do what feels right at the time. Quite into the idea of singles at the moment (that don't get on the radio). No grand design... wherever we are at. Some of the random stuff we have at the moment could be the most exciting."

For the full world exclusive Radiohead interview check this week's NME on sale nationally from April 5. :shocked3:

1000 fucking posts :nice:

radiohead.jpg

Thom: "I bet you think that's pretty clever..." :thinking:

:bigcry:

spread the Radiohead love :heart:

Oh similar to OK Computer?

to be honest i'm SURPRISED but i'm really excited as well :wideeyed:

i never thought they will go back to OKC... Kid A - Amnesiac era was just WOW after came a "comeback to guitar band" aka HTTT which was good enough but not their best for sure...

maybe the reason he compared the new LP to OKC because some new (or possible) songs were written and played first at gigs during the OKC tour (Nude, Lift, Big Boots)?

Nik..i'm so embarassed...i was wondering through the whole week where the hell is talk show host...it never plays on my winamp when i put all the albums and i love it so much..and i was ashamed and didn't want to ask..so..talk show host is a b-side? OK..that's my favourite one.. then..:smug:

Nik..i'm so embarassed...i was wondering through the whole week where the hell is talk show host...it never plays on my winamp when i put all the albums and i love it so much..and i was ashamed and didn't want to ask..so..talk show host is a b-side? OK..that's my favourite one.. then..:smug:

nothing's bad with it ;) it's one of their most popular songs even if it's a b-side :smiley:

it was released on the Street Spirit single but in my opinion fits more to OKC than to the Bends. btw the remix of TSH is on the Romeo and Julia OST :)

1000 fucking posts :nice:

radiohead.jpg

Thom: "I bet you think that's pretty clever..." :thinking:

:bigcry:

spread the Radiohead love :heart:

*sigh* that picture was so hot, it almost hurt!

:kiss: I-N-G my screen! :rolleyes:

to be honest i'm SURPRISED but i'm really excited as well :wideeyed:

i never thought they will go back to OKC... Kid A - Amnesiac era was just WOW after came a "comeback to guitar band" aka HTTT which was good enough but not their best for sure...

maybe the reason he compared the new LP to OKC because some new (or possible) songs were written and played first at gigs during the OKC tour (Nude, Lift, Big Boots)?

:thinking: Hmm... I never thought of it that way.

I thought the OKC comparison was more in terms of a big step forward or a leap... i.e. the progress they showed from the Bends to OKC was a big jump (unlike say OKC to Kid A which was in a totally different direction), so I think maybe Thom's preparing us for huge step forward post-HTTT? :)

---------

As for fav B-side, haven't heard that many, but yeah Talk Show Host rates right up there... It's so good and sounds so much like typical mainstream Radiohead that when I first heard it on their Glasto 2003 performance, I thought it must've been an A-side :lol: (Btw, that was the only b-side they performed at the gig)

^ Yeah, I don't care all that much either. I've learnt Radiohead are one of those rare bands where albums = amazingly good music no matter what. (How I wish I could say I'm as sure about it for CP now :cry:)

How could you even think of the possibility the new album won't be good??? That's like imagining the day George W Bush stops mucking things up and starts makes peace on earth :shocked2: Near impossible. I'll give up music and go kill myself the day a bad Radiohead album comes out (coz life would scarcely be worth living without good music and Radiohead are the best)

^ (How I wish I could say I'm as sure about it for CP now :cry:)

totally. it's kinda sad when you get to think about it.

and Nik..thank you, and i agree it fits more okc than bends. there's some electric vibe in it (except guitars- :D itself )

^ Yeah, I don't care all that much either. I've learnt Radiohead are one of those rare bands where albums = amazingly good music no matter what. (How I wish I could say I'm as sure about it for CP now :cry:)

How could you even think of the possibility the new album won't be good??? That's like imagining the day George W Bush stops mucking things up and starts makes peace on earth :shocked2: Near impossible. I'll give up music and go kill myself the day a bad Radiohead album comes out (coz life would scarcely be worth living without good music and Radiohead are the best)

i agree about the cp albums now. they changed soooOOO much since Parachutes.

I will not take back the fact that I believe that unless a miracle occurs, nothing cp will ever make can top Paracutes.

And about Radiohead. I have listened to just about every track available to the world (cept some of the new stuff of course) :rolleyes: and i have not found a track that i didnt find some beauty to it. Either by lyrics or sounds..or some special feature

It's magic I tell you ....musical magic!

:wink: