✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

mods, members and admin, pull yourselves together

Gautama

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless though, my point is that technically all we did was state our favourite member.
Yes I agree that is what you stated.

However, considering that pretty much everyone in the thread has recently stated how much they essentially despise him (I can try to find the posts if you'd like), I doubt their opinions have done a 180 in the past couple of days.

Hence, it is clearly mocking, as you yourself admitted earlier in this thread.

Great post. Hopefully he won't report this saying that mods shouldn't have opinions.

I don't believe there is any rule stating that "mods shouldn't have opinions", and anything I had to say to Camille regarding the comment has been dealt with privately, as I intimated. Therefore, with all due respect, it is none of your business, as is what I feel it necessary to report or not.

Warnings/reminders/etc. are not made public. Violations may or may not lead to warnings. For example, someone recently posted portions of a PM from a moderator, which is a clear violation of Forum Guidelines; however it was decided not to send a warning. But it would have certainly been within reason to send one.

I agree that in many cases, a "quiet word" or "reminder" should suffice.

Mark trolled my thread

I did not, and as I clearly stated in that thread, no thread on here is the property of anyone, as far as I know, particularly ones of an "open discussion" nature.:dozey:

Public forum=everyone's business

The Coldplaying messageboard is a public forum widely accessible on the internet.

Public =/= private

troll

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

And if a thread creator has the right to ask to have their thread locked/deleted/merged, I'd say that means that it's their thread, no?

Public forum=everyone's business

Same goes for public threads, then.

And if a thread creator has the right to ask to have their thread locked/deleted/merged, I'd say that means that it's their thread, no?

Anyone has the right to ask for any thread to be locked, deleted or merged, and threads are not "owned" by anyone, as far as I'm aware.

I'm sure that one of the mods will be able to clarify this, though.

Maybe Mark should deal with everyone in private so we don't have to see his annoying posts :lol:

Anyway, if I can ask to close a thread I made, I guess I can ask someone to leave it if that person is totally going offtopic.

Same goes for public threads, then.

Anyone has the right to ask for any thread to be locked, deleted or merged, and threads are not "owned" by anyone, as far as I'm aware.

I'm sure that one of the mods will be able to clarify this, though.

Therefore, with all due respect, it is none of your business, as is what I feel it necessary to report or not.

Exactly, as well as the content of the threads.

I asked Rudy for a lock on a thread I didn't create, and he said that he had to ask the mod team if they as a whole felt it deserved a lock.

Lore asked for a lock on her thread and (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong Carrie) no deliberation was required. I asked for one of my threads to be deleted, and boom, gone, because I made it.

I asked Rudy for a lock on a thread I didn't create, and he said that he had to ask the mod team if they as a whole felt it deserved a lock.

Lore asked for a lock on her thread and (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong Carrie) no deliberation was required. I asked for one of my threads to be deleted, and boom, gone, because I made it.

You are correct on both accounts.

And personally I would consider the original poster/thread creator the "owner". So yes, I personally think that threads can be "owned".

It wasn't banned, I asked to close that thread because it was about Nick and all that issue but Mark totally trolled it. I asked him to leave the thread but of course he refused to it.

It's not our fault he doesn't get attention in real life and he needs to beg for attention by trolling threads in an online forum where the average member is like 20 years younger than him. He's a troll and should be treated as one.

He always causes a stir on this board that everyone felt the need to defend against him. haha

Added he can't accept opposing opinions that he won't shut up, causing bigger arguments on here. What a big nuisance.

I think that simply, the forum would be much better without Mark.. like that time that he was banned for a while..

He annoys about 90% of the forum and if he was gone this forum wouldn't collapse without his puns or his stupid news stories.

I don't know...just an opinion of a daily visitor.