✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

mods, members and admin, pull yourselves together

Gautama

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but it is too cool in my opinion....it could be a bit warmer and a bit more sunny. :bigcry:

It's summer....:shifty:

I do agree that it's been a bit extreme. After the Simple Minds gig in Dinslaken on Saturday night, it felt more like autumn than summer, and I felt really cold and had to get my thicker jacket from the car.:dozey:

I can't believe my favorite coldplayer thread got locked.

How was that at all negative?

It was negative in the sense that it was clearly mocking a particular member, regardless of whether the posts seemed happy-go-lucky-positive. Please don't pretend otherwise. :whip:

It was negative in the sense that it was clearly mocking a particular member, regardless of whether the posts seemed happy-go-lucky-positive. Please don't pretend otherwise. :whip:

Clearly it was about mocking but technically nobody did anything wrong, that's the whole point of the internet.

I'm not about to get into it with you.. lol too early and I haven't had coffee yet lol but just do me a favor..... AND CHILL OUT!!!

Don't let other's get your knickers in a bunch, just let it roll off your back, its JUST A MESSAGE BOARD! Granted things that happen on here are REAL, but... if someone offends you, you DON'T have to interact with them in any way shape or form on line if you don't want to. Now, when I say 'you' i don't mean YOU in particular.... I'm just referring to the comments made prior about 'can't we all get along' bit....

I'm tired of my inbox being needlessly cluttered by posts reported for nonsense... which 98% of the time, they are reported by you. :) thats all.

Again.... THIS IS MY OPINION! I don't speak on behalf of the other mods if its MY opinion... although I am sure some of them might agree about the needless clutter in their inboxes lol :P

just chill out, dude..... 45% of the time I actually enjoy your corny jokes.. :P just relax... and that goes for everyone!!! ENJOY LIFE! Go outside for a bit.... enjoy the sun.... then come back and have a friendly chatter, ok?

COLDPLAY RULES! :dance:

*off to work* :escaping2:

Great post. Hopefully he won't report this saying that mods shouldn't have opinions.

Clearly it was about mocking but technically nobody did anything wrong, that's the whole point of the internet.

Forum Guidelines section 2:

e) While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts, otherwise you risk having your posting privileges removed. If you have a dispute with another member, please contact a moderator or report the post in question.

g) Advertising, spamming and trolling (purposefully antagonizing other people) is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems.

Mocking of that nature could qualifies under those, particularly the highlighted part of g). If the member thought it was amusing and played along that's one thing, otherwise it's not appropriate.

And as a side note, I don't think most people would agree with you that mocking "is the whole point of the internet".

you mean the thread that you made that was banned hours ago? he's the one behind the banning?

It wasn't banned, I asked to close that thread because it was about Nick and all that issue but Mark totally trolled it. I asked him to leave the thread but of course he refused to it.

It's not our fault he doesn't get attention in real life and he needs to beg for attention by trolling threads in an online forum where the average member is like 20 years younger than him. He's a troll and should be treated as one.

g) Advertising, spamming and trolling (purposefully antagonizing other people) is not allowed. .

Mark trolled my thread, he did exactly what you described there. If that applies for the other thread then it should be applied to his posts in the thread I created too :uhoh:

Mark trolled my thread, he did exactly what you described there. If that applies for the other thread then it should be applied to the thread I created too :uhoh:
But it did apply... you wanted it closed, mostly because you indicated he was trolling your thread. So I think we did what you wanted us to do. :uhoh: Yes? No?

But it did apply... you wanted it closed, mostly because you indicated he was trolling your thread. So I think we did what you wanted us to do. :uhoh: Yes? No?

If he's doing something that's not allowed he should be warned, right? And we know he didn't only do that in that thread, he does it all the time.

Forum Guidelines section 2:

e) While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts, otherwise you risk having your posting privileges removed. If you have a dispute with another member, please contact a moderator or report the post in question.

g) Advertising, spamming and trolling (purposefully antagonizing other people) is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems.

Mocking of that nature could qualifies under those, particularly the highlighted part of g). If the member thought it was amusing and played along that's one thing, otherwise it's not appropriate.

And as a side note, I don't think most people would agree with you that mocking "is the whole point of the internet".

But this is all about interpretation, and as I said, technically all we did was pick our favourite member. Also using "Trolling" as official forum guidelines is crazy as trolling can be anything (Which is probably why it's included in the forum rules, so you can always rely on "But we think thats TROLLING" as an argument even though the word is vague and practically meaningless when it comes to actual regulations).

I was slightly joking about the point of the internet being technicalities (I didn't say the point was to mock others) but there is some truth there, technically we haven't done anything wrong, you may perceive it that way but when it comes to actual modding decisions you can't say this is definitely a correct one.

it might make sense to have infractions too. . . quite a few other forums have them. . .

it could be something like if your post is reported and the mod thinks it was reported for a good reason you get an infraction, then 3 infractions= 1 warning, then 3 warnings = temp ban, then 5 warnings = permanent ban

because I feel that a lot of "minor" trolling, spamming, even name calling goes without notice and i think that members should be "punished" for doing that, as it is against the forum guidelines.

If he's doing something that's not allowed he should be warned, right?
Warnings/reminders/etc. are not made public. Violations may or may not lead to warnings. For example, someone recently posted portions of a PM from a moderator, which is a clear violation of Forum Guidelines; however it was decided not to send a warning. But it would have certainly been within reason to send one.

Warnings/reminders/etc. are not made public. Violations may or may not lead to warnings. For example, someone recently posted portions of a PM from a moderator, which is a clear violation of Forum Guidelines; however it was decided not to send a warning. But it would have certainly been within reason to send one.

in Mark's case he's constantly antagonizing people (and not 1 or 2 of us), In that thread that was closed we saw another people posting, Violet, etc. People that never have fights with anyone. Can't you (as mod, this is not personal of course) really see who's constantly trolling around and antagonizing people on purpose?

About that PM, was it Reilly right? he didn't post anything so relevant to make a warning I think. I can't remember exactly what he posted though, I haven't been around that much these days.

But this is all about interpretation, and as I said, technically all we did was pick our favourite member. Also using "Trolling" as official forum guidelines is crazy as trolling can be anything (Which is probably why it's included in the forum rules, so you can always rely on "But we think thats TROLLING" as an argument even though the word is vague and practically meaningless when it comes to actual regulations).

Yes "trolling" is a vague term, but that is why a definition is provided in parantheses after it (purposefully antagonizing other people).

If people feel that posts are a violation of Forum Guidelines, including trolling as defined above, then the report post feature is available and people have been using it.

in Mark's case he's constantly antagonizing people (and not 1 or 2 of us), In that thread that was closed we saw another people posting, Violet, etc. People that never have fights with anyone. Can't you (as mod, this is not personal of course) really see who's constantly trolling around and antagonizing people on purpose?
As I mentioned before, warnings/reminders/etc. are not made public.

About that PM, was it Reilly right? he didn't post anything so relevant to make a warning I think. I can't remember exactly what he posted though, I haven't been around that much these days.
The content doesn't matter, it's the fact that the PM from the moderator was posted in and of itself, that is a violation.

Section 5a) Private communication (private messages, emails) between registered members and the moderators/administrators of the forum is not to be made public on these forums or by any other venue. You are not permitted to publicize any private correspondence received from any of the aforementioned.

Yes "trolling" is a vague term, but that is why a definition is provided in parantheses after it (purposefully antagonizing other people).

If people feel that posts are a violation of Forum Guidelines, including trolling as defined above, then the report post feature is available and people have been using it.

Haha and I wonder which people.

Regardless though, my point is that technically all we did was state our favourite member.