✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I can't even comment.

AdrianaRM

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE]‪Americans are NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

:shocked2:

some americans can really lower the IQ of anyone when they "think". It's not a critic to american population in the general, but guys this is to much.

good luck with the exam.

to be fair those kind of street askig questions happened here aswell and bring similar results: no proper basic and general knowledge about History, Politics, Geography, Arts, at times not even about mass media celebs or events.

i'm not really surprised since mass media don't care to educate on those matters.

might that be related with the "google effect" some experts are saying there's a tendency that people don't learn stuff because is easier to ask it on google and get the answer than care to remember the info,

what's the exam about? wait, having exams in late july?

they hadn't ruled the world since forever, so... no surprise there's stuff they don't know about, and also the world is quite big to know all about it.

anyways is like they have the general thought that in spanish speaking countries we speak latin cause we are called latino people, they are convinced that Spain and Portugal are some state of Mexico, and is as when people -themselves- confusingly refer to United States of America as America, which geographically is a whole continent with many countries and several languages are spoken there.

yes I know we can't know everything about the planet but US attacks (or has attacked) countries they don't even know where it's placed or what is believed there. They just know (some of them know!) it's somewhere in Middle East and that they are islamic, whatever that is. AND SO THET'S BED. So basically if North Korea is in trouble, this country may be placed in that Middle East and they're islamic for sure. CAUSE THAT'S A BED THENG Y'KNOW.

It's just that if they ever knew a little more about the world they live in some attacks and wars would've been avoid. One day US gets mad at France and bombs Australia.

It's Geometry exam. Yes I know it's late but I'm taking "2nd phase", so basically I'm reapeting last year's exam.

Good luck with your exam AdrianaRM!

And oh that video..

I am much younger than those people and I knew all of the questions. Well almost all of them, haha, I admit to not knowing everything, like the names they mentioned and stuff + when they were asked to name a country starting with the letter U I immediately thought of Uruguay. I didn't even think of the United States of America, agh. But really, there are stupid people all over the world, absolutely everywhere. But still, it's kind of sad. I'm not even that smart really.

yes I know we can't know everything about the planet but US attacks (or has attacked) countries they don't even know where it's placed or what is believed there. They just know (some of them know!) it's somewhere in Middle East and that they are islamic, whatever that is. AND SO THET'S BED. So basically if North Korea is in trouble, this country may be placed in that Middle East and they're islamic for sure. CAUSE THAT'S A BED THENG Y'KNOW.

It's just that if they ever knew a little more about the world they live in some attacks and wars would've been avoid. One day US gets mad at France and bombs Australia.

It's Geometry exam. Yes I know it's late but I'm taking "2nd phase", so basically I'm reapeting last year's exam.

> Ummm, well that is part of the problem, yes, there is general ignorance, and so it's unfortunately possible for idiots who seek office to manipulate the public, or maybe 1/3 of the public. But still, we elected Barack Obama, and while he's fallen way short of expectations, he is in some ways a global citizen, and was elected by us. But this interview nabbed people off the streets, who represent a segment of the population, obviously one of the most uninformed segments of the population. And besides, North Korea is just somewhere over there, ya know - Middle East, Far East... hey, it's in the East!:laugh3: What else do ya need to know? Ignorance is blitz.

I understand what you're getting at, and yes, we have a problem with ignorance everywhere. But it's more than knowing where things are, it's more a matter of understanding what is good policy and what is not, and getting honest, intelligent people in office. Education is a big factor, that I wholeheartedly agree on.

Hm, "One day U.S. gets mad at France and bombs Australia." :laugh3: I thought Australia was part of the US? Isn't that one of those southern states? :P And besides, the US is just part of France anyhow, what with Quebec up above, and Louisiana down below! We like wine and cheese too!!;)

> Ummm, well that is part of the problem, yes, there is general ignorance, and so it's unfortunately possible for idiots who seek office to manipulate the public, or maybe 1/3 of the public. But still, we elected Barack Obama, and while he's fallen way short of expectations, he is in some ways a global citizen, and was elected by us. But this interview nabbed people off the streets, who represent a segment of the population, obviously one of the most uninformed segments of the population. And besides, North Korea is just somewhere over there, ya know - Middle East, Far East... hey, it's in the East!:laugh3: What else do ya need to know? Ignorance is blitz.

I understand what you're getting at, and yes, we have a problem with ignorance everywhere. But it's more than knowing where things are, it's more a matter of understanding what is good policy and what is not, and getting honest, intelligent people in office. Education is a big factor, that I wholeheartedly agree on.

Hm, "One day U.S. gets mad at France and bombs Australia." :laugh3: I thought Australia was part of the US? Isn't that one of those southern states? :P And besides, the US is just part of France anyhow, what with Quebec up above, and Louisiana down below! We like wine and cheese too!!;)

Well yes, this just represents a segment of the US population but then this means anyway they don't know what is going on in the world or why. I seriously don't know if I'm more shocked for the ignorance of these people or for this to be happening in US. I have nothing to do if one is ignorant (I just feel sorry for the education going on, but well) it's just that these people (the americans in the general) rule the world (or ok, their representatives do) and they just agree or I don't know, they can't even make a riot against this or, not defend, but at least try to understand the opponent's position in the attack when they just don't know what's going on really. Where's Iran really. What matters. Their islamic. Yes, the government should be right. BOMB THEM. They're bed.

This video just shows that these people education (and most of them doesn't even belong to a low sector) is based upon TV and what the government does and says. SAAAAD.

@ainsley: Thank you, the exam went ok! :) and yes, I was also thinking of uruguay I didn't even remembered USA :wacky: