✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Oracle says MX "isn't" a track!

Mark

This was the question and answer!

July 26, 2011 - submitted by Samina, United States of America

Q. What songs did Coldplay perform at the iTunes Festival this year?

The Oracle replies:

It was pretty much the same setlist as most of the other festival shows but with the addition of Moving to Mars making its live debut.

*Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minus

Lost!

The Scientist

Shiver

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Moving To Mars

Us Against The World

Politik

Viva la Vida

Charlie Brown

Life Is For Living

The encore:

Clocks

Fix You

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

*I know some will say they began with MX, but I'm not counting that as a track...

What should we make of that? I'm confused now :(

This was the question and answer!

July 26, 2011 - submitted by Samina, United States of America

Q. What songs did Coldplay perform at the iTunes Festival this year?

The Oracle replies:

It was pretty much the same setlist as most of the other festival shows but with the addition of Moving to Mars making its live debut.

*Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minus

Lost!

The Scientist

Shiver

Violet Hill

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Moving To Mars

Us Against The World

Politik

Viva la Vida

Charlie Brown

Life Is For Living

The encore:

Clocks

Fix You

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

*I know some will say they began with MX, but I'm not counting that as a track...

What should we make of that? I'm confused now :(

Well she says "I'm" so that means for her its not really a track.

And i can agree with it because of its Lenght.

Its just an Intro.

If it really appears on LP5 i would see it as "MX / Hurts like Heaven" on the LP.

Agreed also. It might wind up being like the short violin intro in Yes.

Well, that intro is pretty short. :P

Like 2 Seconds?

But i would love to see MX on the Album because its a great Album Opener.

Reminds me of "Death on Two legs" from Queen.

It got an amazing Intro.

I've a good feeling MX will be on LP5, but I think it will be an intro, maybe a short track at the beginning of Hurts Like Heaven ;)

Yeah I reckon MX will be on the album to but i think will be named as Mylo Xyloto

and it will be a longer version of the MX that is played at the festivals!!

Yeah I reckon MX will be on the album to but i think will be named as Mylo Xyloto

Thank you. This is exactly what I think. She doesn't consider it a track in that sense because they only played a small piece of it. If they do end up naming the album with the M two words thing in mind and it's Mylo Xyloto, well. I don't honestly think they would name it after a short 30-40 second intro track. And I can't possibly imagine what else MX could stand for in the first place. But that's just how I see it. I bet Mylo Xyloto (MX) is an amazing track and a full one at that too but they're only playing a piece of it to whet our appetites.

Thank you. This is exactly what I think. She doesn't consider it a track in that sense because they only played a small piece of it. If they do end up naming the album with the M two words thing in mind and it's Mylo Xyloto, well. I don't honestly think they would name it after a short 30-40 second intro track. And I can't possibly imagine what else MX could stand for in the first place. But that's just how I see it. I bet Mylo Xyloto (MX) is an amazing track and a full one at that too but they're only playing a piece of it to whet our appetites.

Could'nt of said it better myself!!Thats exactly what I reckon.

Why not? Parachutes is named after a 47-second track.

Why not? Parachutes is named after a 47-second track.

That's a good point. But that was like a last minute spontaneous thing, they didn't plan on calling it that they just chose one of the track titles they had. Something tells me that since it's their 5th album and they're much more experienced they wouldn't do that same thing again.

I think MX and Mylo Xyloto are two seperate tracks. MX is a nice short intro while Mylo Xyloto has been registered as a 3 min 30 sec track. However, MX may be an element of Mylo Xyloto, so MX and Mylo Xyloto will both probably be on LP5, but MX would blend directly into Hurts Like Heaven like it does live (maybe even not be listed in the tracklisting, which might be what Oracle was hinting at).

Just like Viva...

Life In Technicolor had an intro from The Escapist

Hurts Like Heaven will have an intro from Mylo Xyloto

"VLVODAAHF" was an "infinite Album" the last Song is connected with the first one.

That's why. :)

A fellow Irishman :thumbsup:

That would be interesting, although I have to disagree. If you listen to MX/Mylo Xyloto being played at the rock am ring fest vids on youtube it flows perfectly into Hurts like Heaven. It works as an intro. In my opinion I don't think there'll be a prolonged version on the album, but maybe you're right :hat: