✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hey Coldplay, this is your Joshua Tree moment, don't mess it up.

MrMagpie

"Dark Side of the Moon" = Mainstream?

What the F*** man.

Mainstream means they compose songs like any other songs (Verse, Chorus, Verse, Chorus for an example)

And "Dark Side of the Moon" was totally different few weird instrumentals deep lyrics etc.

I dont know why you say that was typical Mainstream.

You don't understand the definition of the word mainstream dude.

Mainstream just means popular, it has nothing to do with musical style.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Mainstream is anything that is popular. It has nothing to do with how songs are written.

A song like Money by Pink Floyd is very unconventional in terms of it's arrangement for a Pop song. But almost anytime you hear Floyd on the radio that song is played.

Also Bohemian Rhapsody is incredibly mainstream too

Now im sure you dont know what Mainstream means.

Mainstream has nothing to do with Popularity it has something to do How the song is Composed.

When a Song is a Mainstream Song it has a Verse after that a Chorus after that a Verse and so on, because it flows with the Stream the Music everyone plays.

But "Bohemian Rhapsody" had no Chorus it had no Bridge it was totally different.

No, they were successful because they made Music like no other Bands before.

I agree some Songs were Mainstream but the most Songs they composed none else ever heard in any form..

like 1 of my all time Favourite "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Yeah but that does not mean they are not commercially successful. They've sold millions of copies worldwide under multinational big record labels so yes they are very successful commercially and also very popular.

Anyway there's no point in arguing as clearly you need to reconstruct your knowledge/understanding on what 'mainstream' is.

Now im sure you dont know what Mainstream means.

Mainstream has nothing to do with Popularity it has something to do How the song is Composed.

When a Song is a Mainstream Song it has a Verse after that a Chorus after that a Verse and so on, because it flows with the Stream the Music everyone plays.

But "Bohemian Rhapsody" had no Chorus it had no Bridge it was totally different.

You still are not understanding at all. Mainstream deals with how popular a song or band is. It has nothing to do with how a song is written. There are tons of folk songs that use verses and choruses from a bunch of unknown artists... are you going to tell me that that is mainstream?

Bohemian Rhapsody is played on the radio constantly and made Queen a lot of money... hence Mainstream

I tell you guys how i defy the word Mainstream.

The Mainstream is what everyone likes to hear and mostly gets played in the Radio.

(Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus)

And if you dont want to flow with the Mainstream you compose Songs none ever heard of in any form.

You dont even put a Chorus in the Song and so on.

Ergo: your not Mainstream.

I know its wrong for you but thats how i defy it.

:thinking:

But the Word in that way you say is just not Logical for me.

I tell you guys how i defy the word Mainstream.

The Mainstream is what everyone likes to hear and mostly gets played in the Radio.

(Verse-Chorus-Verse-Chorus)

And if you dont want to flow with the Mainstream you compose Songs none ever heard of in any form.

You dont even put a Chorus in the Song and so on.

Ergo: your not Mainstream.

I know its wrong for you but thats how i defy it.

:thinking:

But the Word in that way you say is just not Logical for me.

It's not about being logical, it is what it is.

Also, Bohemian Rhapsody is ridiculously mainstream.

No Tammi, you are ridiculously mainstream :angry:

You dont have your own Opinion?

The Mainstream you guys think it is sounds just stupid and unlocigal for me. :confused:

What sounds stupid and illogical is that you form your own understanding of what mainstream is and assume the whole world suddenly knows about it and accepts it. I'm sorry that it sounds harsh but I just don't get the way you think.

What sounds stupid and illogical is that you form your own understanding of what mainstream is and assume the whole world suddenly knows about it and accepts it. I'm sorry that it sounds harsh but I just don't get the way you think.

And you just accept the meaning of the Word as you know it.

It's alright then.

Again, I can tell you that Every Teardrop has no chorus and that's doing much better than Violet Hill did!!! (42 doesn't either)

These are song i dont see as Mainstream Songs.

Just like "The Escapist" and "Death and all his Friends".

But "Viva la Vida" is a Mainstream song for me.

And you just accept the meaning of the Word as you know it.

It's alright then.

Being mainstream IS being popular and familiar. Seeing that all the bands you mentioned ARE incredibly famous and and have sold millions of records, so yes, they ARE mainstream bands (as opposed to what you said before).

You on the other hand, made up a totally new meaning of 'mainstream' and was surprised that other people didn't understand what you were saying.

well, it's the mainstream way to write songs?

That can be said, but that does not determine whether a band is a mainstream band or not.

Being mainstream IS being popular and familiar. Seeing that all the bands you mentioned ARE incredibly famous and and have sold millions of records, so yes, they ARE mainstream bands (as opposed to what you said before)

That's the Word.

Familiar.

The Songs which are Mainstream sound familiar like the other Songs.

"Bohemian Rhapsody" was not familiar because the sound and the construct of the Song itself was totally different to all the other songs.