✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hey Coldplay, this is your Joshua Tree moment, don't mess it up.

MrMagpie

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
Now this I agree with.

When I saw Get On Your Boots performed at Glastonbury on tv in June I thought 'why the hell are they still believing in this rubbish?'

To think they left out Magnificent, City of Blinding Lights and New Years Day from the setlist it was an even bigger insult I thought!

ETIAW was totally a Get On Your Boots. I actually think the latter is an even naffer single, but it worked alright in NLOTH which unlike others I loved.

Yeah I thought in the context of the album it worked pretty good. It was fun live too.

No Line was a good album was one piece of music - people who say it's crap don't know what they're talking about imo...

and to the CP vs. U2 debate, how many years does U2 have on Coldplay? when Coldplay (if they catch up) then it's fair to compare

:laugh3: Not exactly what I was referring to, but interesting aside!

Alright, how about Coldplay's Glacial moment?:)

LOL I gotcha! :laugh3: ...but just curious, anyone here an Opeth fan? (I realize this may be the first time anyone has mentioned Opeth on a Coldplay forum :P)

This is their Joshua Tree in a sense, U2 were around and popular before The Unforgettable Fire, with "New Years Day", "Sunday Bloody Sunday", however when UF was released it contained one of their biggest hits ever, and one of the biggest in music history. 'Pride' is still played to this day, it hit the top of the charts, but helped them drive their own ship.

Of course Coldplay enjoyed a larger degree of success faster into their careers than U2, Coldplay had a number one single on their first go with 'Yellow' they had a masterpiece album at number 2.

One would say that MX is their Achtung Baby. This is their chance to answer the critics, those who say they aren't genuine. They have achieved success around the world, now this is their chance to pull a 180 and blow people out of the water and say "wow". This album will also need a tour to the level of Zoo TV, not the Joshua Tree Tour. Zoo TV was a show on epic proportions.

Coldplay need to ball up and book themselves into North American Stadiums. They sold out the Rogers Center in Toronto more than once, believe me when I say they can sell out Soldier Field, the Rose Bowl, Quest Field, and they need to take the risk.

Coldplay had their Joshua Tree and that was Viva La Vida, they were applauded and criticized. Now its time for them to say "Fuck it, we are going to put on a show"

Guest howyousawtheworld
This is their Joshua Tree in a sense, U2 were around and popular before The Unforgettable Fire, with "New Years Day", "Sunday Bloody Sunday", however when UF was released it contained one of their biggest hits ever, and one of the biggest in music history. 'Pride' is still played to this day, it hit the top of the charts, but helped them drive their own ship.

Of course Coldplay enjoyed a larger degree of success faster into their careers than U2, Coldplay had a number one single on their first go with 'Yellow' they had a masterpiece album at number 2.

One would say that MX is their Achtung Baby. This is their chance to answer the critics, those who say they aren't genuine. They have achieved success around the world, now this is their chance to pull a 180 and blow people out of the water and say "wow". This album will also need a tour to the level of Zoo TV, not the Joshua Tree Tour. Zoo TV was a show on epic proportions.

Coldplay need to ball up and book themselves into North American Stadiums. They sold out the Rogers Center in Toronto more than once, believe me when I say they can sell out Soldier Field, the Rose Bowl, Quest Field, and they need to take the risk.

Coldplay had their Joshua Tree and that was Viva La Vida, they were applauded and criticized. Now its time for them to say "Fuck it, we are going to put on a show"

You can never get tired of a bit of Pride. But I agree. They shouldn't be afraid of putting on a big show. They know they can do small arena's (Crisis Gigs at Christmas). Now it's time to push things to the maximum because it might be their one and only chance.

No Line was a good album was one piece of music - people who say it's crap don't know what they're talking about imo...

and to the CP vs. U2 debate, how many years does U2 have on Coldplay? when Coldplay (if they catch up) then it's fair to compare

I think I have a decently open mind about music, and I even like The Joshua Tree by U2. . . but I absolutely could not stand No Line. :shrug: The only song I enjoyed was Get On Your Boots, and that's only because it was catchy. I just honestly could not stand Bono's singing on the album. :\

I agree... I actually really enjoyed No Line a lot.

That's true... U2 have so much more experience and accomplishments.

You can never get tired of a bit of Pride. But I agree. They shouldn't be afraid of putting on a big show. They know they can do small arena's (Crisis Gigs at Christmas). Now it's time to push things to the maximum because it might be their one and only chance.

Never actually been a fan of Pride

Coldplay = U2

They're both mediocre in their own special ways. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go masturbate to the great masterpiece that is The King Of Limbs.

:inquisitive:

I wouldn't call TKOL a masterpiece by any means

I agree... I actually really enjoyed No Line a lot.

That's true... U2 have so much more experience and accomplishments.

Never actually been a fan of Pride

:inquisitive:

I wouldn't call TKOL a masterpiece by any means

Meh, No Line was alright :shrug: And so is Pride, but neither are a great example of U2's best work by any means.

And agreed--maybe if Coldplay decides to keep going past 10+ albums then we can compare. It's too early yet, the way I see it; their Joshua Tree moment may have been ARoBttH or it may be LP8.

And I wasn't impressed by TKoL either :nod: