✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hey Coldplay, this is your Joshua Tree moment, don't mess it up.

MrMagpie

Coldplay is 100% better than u2

just sayin

I would have to agree with you. I find Bono's voice . . . annoying--I can listen to U2, but after three or four songs I get tired of it. Whereas Chris' voice is very soothing and I've listened to Coldplay for hours on end and not gotten tired.

But I do respect them because I know they're a great band that have made their mark on the music industry :nod:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree with you. I find Bono's voice . . . annoying--I can listen to U2, but after three or four songs I get tired of it. Whereas Chris' voice is very soothing and I've listened to Coldplay for hours on end and not gotten tired.

But I do respect them because I know they're a great band that have made their mark on the music industry :nod:

Bono's voice used to be brilliant. New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride, Bad, With Or Without You, Red Hill Mining Town...I'd like to see Chris sing any one of those. Plus, U2 has got FAR, FAR better lyrics. And so, so many classic songs. Sorry guys, but for now U2 > Coldplay. Come back in twenty years, we'll have this debate again.

Bono's voice used to be brilliant. New Year's Day, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride, Bad, With Or Without You, Red Hill Mining Town...I'd like to see Chris sing any one of those. Plus, U2 has got FAR, FAR better lyrics. And so, so many classic songs. Sorry guys, but for now U2 > Coldplay. Come back in twenty years, we'll have this debate again.

Exactly. I love Sunday Bloody Sunday, but I really don't think any of their new material is up to scratch :shrug: And I can't put my finger on it, but Bono's voice sounds different now (but it may just be me, idk).

Again, exactly. In twenty years, when Coldplay has as much experience as U2, then it will be a fair discussion :)

Why, oh why, does it always come to this! :laugh3: Comparing Apples and Oranges again!! One has a daughter named Apple, the other had an album called Lemon (citrus family), so that fits.. :P Hey, relax, I know, it's only rock and roll, but we like it, we like it, yes we do!!:cool:

:lol:

it's alright if you miss him... he was a good guy afterall right? :P

He wasn't just a good guy he was a really good guy.

Why do my posts always get buried? :|

Anyways, I actually laughed at your joke Reilly. :P

This made my day. Tell Mike it was funny.

Gesse man, Briggins didn't even start this thread with a Coldplay insult, just a simple sentence about how this was their time to shine or whatever. Why is everybody getting so defensive about this!?

WERE not getting defensive YOU ARE so stop getting defensive IT ISNT US OK!?!?!

He wasn't just a good guy he was a really good guy.

This made my day. Tell Mike it was funny.

WERE not getting defensive YOU ARE so stop getting defensive IT ISNT US OK!?!?!

haha... a really good guy indeed

I'm sure that he would've appreciated your humor there

Lemon U2 - YouTube[/url]

I've only now actually listened to it - pretty cool. :cool:

Question me all ya want, I likes it!:P

it's a good song

it's a good song

And quite refreshing too! After listening to all the really big hits U2 has out there, sometimes it's nice to hear what their experimental songs are like.

Coldplay were influenced by A-ha, so from that era, I seem to detect a little bit of A-ha in this song.

I dont have time for this. We should let tweens have these kind of debates like Gaga vs Katy Perry or Beyonce vs Rihanna

We all are unique and have different tastes, just because you don't like a band or singer doesn't mean they are bad.

Some people like orange juice, some prefer apple juice

:P

I'M SO GLAD SOMEONE POSTED THIS!!!

I have been comparing them for a while now (not just their sound, but the way they've been progressing as bands).

U2 released 3 albums before they hired Brian Eno to work with them on The Unforgettable Fire. Coldplay also released 3 albums before they hired Eno to work with them on VLVODAAHF. The Unforgettable Fire got U2 far on the charts with Pride (In The Name of Love), and VLVODAAHF got Coldplay far on the charts with Viva La Vida.

I definitely see similarities, and I hope those predictions are right!! Eno really made U2 bloom, and he did the same with Coldplay on VLVODAAHF.

Coldplay is doing far better than U2 was in their first 4 albums (look at certifications. VLVODAAHF is already diamond in Mexico... but the internet has changed a lot) , hopefully MX is Coldplay's Joshua Tree (Arguably U2's best album aside from Achtung Baby). This would mean that Coldplay could definitely out-win U2 in the best band of the world earlier than expected-- that's if LP5 is good.

Mind you, U2 is still making music... while they're on holiday, Coldplay takes the limelight :D