✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Irene's gonna get us, She's gonna get us where we don't look back...

86Timewarp

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that's true - I think the one that hit that part of Florida was a category 4 or 5, and the structures were wholly inadequate for anything. I've seen some charts of tornado tracks inside hurricanes, oodles of tornadoes actually, but I'm not sure if that's mainly in the more powerful storms. Something to be on the lookout for for sure! ;)

That, and occasionally the sharks and electric eels get washed into people's basements. :laugh3:

:o D:

Didn't you know that Lore?:laugh3: Wildlife in NYC is quite exceptional..

But the question is: Are some of those rats tame, and who's side are they on? Will they defend humans from predatory giant squid and sea lamprey getting washed into NYC? Actually though, I wonder where will all the rats go? Should be exciting to see them heading for higher... apartments? roofs? car garages?! Sounds like something from a sci-fi novel.

But the question is: Are some of those rats tame, and who's side are they on? Will they defend humans from predatory giant squid and sea lamprey getting washed into NYC? Actually though, I wonder where will all the rats go? Should be exciting to see them heading for higher... apartments? roofs? car garages?! Sounds like something from a sci-fi novel.

Rats would probably migrate up from the depths of the subway... though i'm not sure where they'd go exactly.

I just know NYC is known for having big rats. I think I saw one once as a kid.

Thank you, you too!

Despite being very windy, it's nothing like the videos I saw from NC this morning. Either the storm is petering out or it hasn't hit us with the worst bit yet. (I'm thinking it's the latter)

yeah I'm thinking the same here.

They say the worst will be later in the morning. Right now there's just a lot of rain w/ little gusts of wind.

:lol:

I think I've never seen a rat

Thank you, you too!

Despite being very windy, it's nothing like the videos I saw from NC this morning. Either the storm is petering out or it hasn't hit us with the worst bit yet. (I'm thinking it's the latter)

Well naturally, the first land to get struck gets whammered the hardest, then diminishing gradually over time. But if there's a couple of hours yet, the winds will get pretty fierce as the eye approaches.

Rats would probably migrate up from the depths of the subway... though i'm not sure where they'd go exactly.

Probably they just run up to anywhere that's higher - but it will be interesting to note. Up the sides of buildings into ventilation ducts maybe?

I just know NYC is known for having big rats. I think I saw one once as a kid.

> Hm, well I've seen them on TV in NYC, and coming out of the sewers in one city in Va. at nightfall. Yes, in NYC for some reason they can get pretty large - good pizzas in the dumpsters maybe! :laugh3:

yeah I'm thinking the same here.

They say the worst will be later in the morning. Right now there's just a lot of rain w/ little gusts of wind.

excitement then into the night.. here, just clear starlight and cool air.

^^ Wild Subway Shot! Wow!!

Well, that wasn't so bad.

It's still raining and a bit gusty, but we don't have any major damage or flooding.

Our power kind of went on and off a bit but nothing major.

Hope everyone's ok. :hug:

Glad you didn't get hit hard.

Honestly here it didn't seem much like a hurricane, if anything just a regular or heavy rain storm we sometimes get. There was a little bit of flooding in our basement/celler, but that's just from the ground being so saturated that it leaks in. But it's kind of normal when we get a lot of rain. No trees down or anything. I feel we lucked out (especially compared to some other family I know).