✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone else worried about the length?

TwistedPolitik

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see....since the album has been named all i see is constant barrage of "Can't wait for this album" threads and posts. Now apparently the album might be too long?

Come on give me a break. This album is going to be great just like ALL there albums (yes even X&Y, still dont know why people demoralize that album). I for one can not wait for it and I say the longer the better (and that is what SHE said) :)

Because it's not a good album. :laugh3:

I'm terrified that this will be another X&Y.

lol What was so bad about it? Was it the epic songs? The fact that they were experimenting with the traditional Coldplay sound? THe fact that they were growing as a band?

this

It's funny how your screenname here contains a piece of the X&Y album "Twisted"

Not saying it stems from that but the thought intrigues me.

lol What was so bad about it? Was it the epic songs? The fact that they were experimenting with the traditional Coldplay sound? THe fact that they were growing as a band?

The songs weren't epic, they didn't experiment and they weren't growing as a band. Maybe you are mistaken with Viva la Vida or A Rush of Blood to the Head?

The songs weren't epic, they didn't experiment and they weren't growing as a band. Maybe you are mistaken with Viva la Vida or A Rush of Blood to the Head?

Ok for the sake of arguement lets say I am wrong. I've heard a lot of people say the album was bad....but I have yet to hear anyone say WHY it was bad. SO please explain...

Well that is kind of my explanation. For starters the songs don't hold up anywhere near as well as on AROBTTH or even Parachutes. I mean they'd had the promising debut album and in many peoples' opinions they have shown they had the strength to stay with AROBTTH, but X&Y didn't progress anything. It was bloated, the songs were meandering and forgettable for the most part and it came very close to being a self-parody IMO

It doesn't help that the songwriting is generally the weakest from any Coldplay album either

Well that is kind of my explanation. For starters the songs don't hold up anywhere near as well as on AROBTTH or even Parachutes. I mean they'd had the promising debut album and in many peoples' opinions they have shown they had the strength to stay with AROBTTH, but X&Y didn't progress anything. It was bloated, the songs were meandering and forgettable for the most part and it came very close to being a self-parody IMO

It doesn't help that the songwriting is generally the weakest from any Coldplay album either

The lyrics were more straight forward....but saying they are weak is a stretch. I feel the only reason even the band stated bad thoughts about the album is because of the public perception.

I guess this is where we can say opinions are opinions. Me as a musician and fan loved X&Y and feel this album is just going to show the direction they are headed in. VLV was genius and so far from what I have heard MX is gearing up to be great. But i digress...different strokes for different folks.

Dude, honestly that's just you opinion. I don't mean to sound rude, so please don't take this the wrong way. I am one of many who think that album is one of the greatest ever made. You don't have to think that, that's okay, but the fact that you have already posted like 5 posts on how much you don't like it is getting annoying. Sorry, but I think it is their strongest writing, and I think that opinion should be valid as well. To me your sounding like your stating facts or something, and there opinions. Again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, I HATE QUABBLES!! I'm just trying to stop this before this thread, which should be happy, turns into a battlefield.

PLEASE DON'T REPLY TO THIS AND PLEASE LET'S CHANGE THE SUBJECT BEFORE THINGS GET OUT OF HAND

:nod:

I still find the title hilarious because of reasons pointed out earlier in the thread already... could as well have been made by a spammer! :lol:

I loved playing X&Y at work in 2006. It didn't disturb or wasn't requiring too much attention.

That's a good thing for me, not a bad thing.

And I don't think albums should be long or short or inbetween a certain time frame in general.

Well it has all been said already: the content is what counts!

Good night everyone! :nice:

EDIT: To stay within the spammer interpretation - it's not the length that matters, it matters what the artist can do with it. :P :wink3:

The lyrics were more straight forward....but saying they are weak is a stretch. I feel the only reason even the band stated bad thoughts about the album is because of the public perception.

I guess this is where we can say opinions are opinions. Me as a musician and fan loved X&Y and feel this album is just going to show the direction they are headed in. VLV was genius and so far from what I have heard MX is gearing up to be great. But i digress...different strokes for different folks.

Fix You, What If, Swallowed in the Sea, and A Message all boast terrible lyrics. Not just more straightforward. Straight-up bad. As for the rest of it...the songs all have the same structure, the melodic styles are pretty unvaried and they didn't really experiment with their sound at all...they just added some electronic sounding noises and claimed they did.

The artwork is awesome though. :P

Fix You, What If, Swallowed in the Sea, and A Message all boast terrible lyrics. Not just more straightforward. Straight-up bad. As for the rest of it...the songs all have the same structure, the melodic styles are pretty unvaried and they didn't really experiment with their sound at all...they just added some electronic sounding noises and claimed they did.

The artwork is awesome though. :P

Yet another member that has X&Y paraphernalia through out his Coldplaying profile. I am just intrigued that you all have such low opinions of the album yet found something worth while to hold on to. Maybe it wasnt such a bad album after all.

Dude, honestly that's just you opinion. I don't mean to sound rude, so please don't take this the wrong way. I am one of many who think that album is one of the greatest ever made. You don't have to think that, that's okay, but the fact that you have already posted like 5 posts on how much you don't like it is getting annoying. Sorry, but I think it is their strongest writing, and I think that opinion should be valid as well. To me your sounding like your stating facts or something, and there opinions. Again, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, I HATE QUABBLES!! I'm just trying to stop this before this thread, which should be happy, turns into a battlefield.

PLEASE DON'T REPLY TO THIS AND PLEASE LET'S CHANGE THE SUBJECT BEFORE THINGS GET OUT OF HAND

:nod:

^This, thank you. It freak me out.