✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone else worried about the length?

TwistedPolitik

Fix You, What If, Swallowed in the Sea, and A Message all boast terrible lyrics. Not just more straightforward. Straight-up bad. As for the rest of it...the songs all have the same structure, the melodic styles are pretty unvaried and they didn't really experiment with their sound at all...they just added some electronic sounding noises and claimed they did.

The artwork is awesome though. :P

Oh sorry, and all the songs of Parachute and AROBTTH have different structure and melody varied.. LOL

My gosh, X&Y in your way opinion is better than Parachutes and AROBTTH, but less than VLVODAAHF.

Not valid arguments to feel shame about the extraordinary X&Y ;)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny seeing as you're the one who started the X&Y debate. Just stop it.

Who say anoying comments about X&Y? Im only on defence of this extraordinary work of my favorite band. :)

You make the topic like this, trying to compare if Mylo Xyloto gonna be a nice album "short" like Parachutes or AROBTTH, or a bad (?) album like X&Y. So, read what are you writing first.

Well you're constantly posting so I'm not sure how else I'm supposed to take it other than "I want to try and cause an argument here"

Not at all was just trying to figure out why in your opinion it was a weak album

But I agree lets not talk about X&Y and please stay on topic....my apologies

Who say anoying comments about X&Y? Im only on defence of this extraordinary work of my favorite band. :)

You make the topic like this, trying to compare if Mylo Xyloto gonna be a nice album "short" like Parachutes or AROBTTH, or a bad (?) album like X&Y. So, read what are you writing first.

Let me re-phrase. Stop trying to cause bother or I'm reporting you. Is that better?

Let me re-phrase. Stop trying to cause bother or I'm reporting you. Is that better?

Well, reporting me cause what? I only trying to say another opinion, cause you are only attacking X&Y. You have to be more tolerant, dude.

Say valid arguments to your worry about the lenght of the album, without compare it with another albums (and in that way, not attacking anyone of these ;) )

Btw, don't threaten me.

My feeling is that some of these songs won't be more than 3 minutes. I expect some could even be close to 2 minutes. If you think 10 songs clock in at 3:30 and 4 at 2:30, I think we could get a 45 minute album. Which is very normal. They will never repeat the mistakes of X & Y again

lets assume the album is 45 minutes long.

lets also assume that 3 of the 14 tracks are 40 second instrumentals.

you're left with 43 minutes.

thats still about 3:52 for each full song.

obviously i dont know how long the album will be, but at 45 minutes including 3 instrumentals, i dont think we need to worry about MX being to long or short. C'mon, Coldplay aren't stupid enough to make an hour long album:thinking:

Well, reporting me cause what? I only trying to say another opinion, cause you are only attacking X&Y. You have to be more tolerant, dude.

Say valid arguments to your worry about the lenght of the album, without compare it with another albums (and in that way, not attacking anyone of these ;) )

Btw, don't threaten me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X%26Y#Reception

Oh sorry, and all the songs of Parachute and AROBTTH have different structure and melody varied.. LOL

My gosh, X&Y in your way opinion is better than Parachutes and AROBTTH, but less than VLVODAAHF.

Not valid arguments to feel shame about the extraordinary X&Y ;)

Perhaps not, but the terrible lyrics are.

And X&Y's fast song, slow song, fast song, slow song, fast song, slow song, fast song structure gets really irritating after awhile.

Perhaps not, but the terrible lyrics are.

And X&Y's fast song, slow song, fast song, slow song, fast song, slow song, fast song structure gets really irritating after awhile.

It's not totally true that thing about slow, fast, slow, fast.

Lyrics terrible? A message, swallowed in the sea, what if, fix you, the hardest part, maybe talk has great lyrics about feelings. White shadows, x&y, square one, speed of sound, low, have another meanings about life, space, etc.

But well, that's subjective.

I love every song of coldplay, i don't care about if is slow, fast, with good or bad lyrics (I don't feel it). And MX gonna be another pure genius album.

Meh, I'm not worried about the length so much as how well the songs fit together as a whole.

X&Y, for example: I don't mind the length, but I think that the guys could have switched around or swapped out some songs and gotten a better result overall.

From what the Oracle, Roadie, and others have said though, it seems that the guys are pretty confident about their choice of songs, so I'm not unduly worried ;)

It's not totally true that thing about slow, fast, slow, fast.

Lyrics terrible? A message, swallowed in the sea, what if, fix you, the hardest part, maybe talk has great lyrics about feelings. White shadows, x&y, square one, speed of sound, low, have another meanings about life, space, etc.

But well, that's subjective.

I love every song of coldplay, i don't care about if is slow, fast, with good or bad lyrics (I don't feel it). And MX gonna be another pure genius album.

We can agree that Coldplay are a good band and that is why this started. I love them and I'm worried they'll deliver an album like X&Y which myself and many others don't think is up to their standard, that's all. Why do you have a problem with that? We aren't saying it's bad, we're just saying it's their weakest album at the minute.

We can agree that Coldplay are a good band and that is why this started. I love them and I'm worried they'll deliver an album like X&Y which myself and many others don't think is up to their standard, that's all. Why do you have a problem with that? We aren't saying it's bad, we're just saying it's their weakest album at the minute.

I don't have any problem dude, it's just that I and many others just think it's not their weakest album, like you say. If you don't like, no problem, but, how i said you, don't compare it with another albums (X&Y, Parachutes, AROBTTH). Say you and many others don't like it too large, that's all. Compare and disparage an album seems weak to you and many others is not an objective way to think.

I like X&Y and if MX is too long, I will like it also.

Well, since we're already off-topic and not going by what the thread is supposed to be about. Tocqueville states that the principle of equality here in the thread breeds natural Cartesianism. This makes us all very individualistic and more self-reliant than if there was inequality, because if we're all equal how is anyone else's opinion greater than ours? If we're all equal (BY PRINCIPLE) ours is as good as any. And in that mind-set we close ourselves off to the outside world and get wrapped up in ourselves. I hypothesize many people dislike X&Y because of a branch of this idea. He says that despite our Cartesianism we become insecure and wonder if our opinions are right. Eventually a majority opinion surfaces and our vulnerabilities are exposed. Even if we're 'wrong', siding with the majority has fewer consequences than being with the minority and thus outnumbered and overpowered. It's the tyranny of the majority as Tocqueville calls it, my friends. X&Y is a fantastic album, it's just the primary opinion has taken over and subconsciously persuaded them to adapt the prevailing mindset of X&Y, which was negative by the standards of critics and even our own Chris Martin.