✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone else worried about the length?

TwistedPolitik

14 tracks. Maybe this will be about 60 minutes long? The last time Coldplay made an album that long was X&Y and I don't know about you guys but I and many other people consider it their weakest album by quite some distance. I'm worried this album will be too bloated or not have enough going on to hold my interest for the full 14 tracks. Anyone else feel this way?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm a little worried about it, especially since it's designed to be listened to in one go. What some people don't understand is that cramming an album full of songs makes it more likely for the album to fall apart. It's almost always better to keep the album concise and focused. It's a shame they didn't release the track times along with the tracklisting but I think some of those songs are short songs with lyrics or short instrumentals.

Also remember- we don't know how long some of these songs are- judging by the live shows Mylo Xyloto could only be a 45 second intro

:facepalm:

1. It's registered on PRS as 3:30.

2. The oracle doesn't count MX as a song when it's played as an intro.

This leads me to believe it's not :45.

SCIENCE.

:facepalm:

It's registered on PRS as 3:30.

The oracle doesn't count MX as a song when it's played as an intro.

This leads me to believe it's not :45.

SCIENCE.

Actually it was Major Minus that was registered to have a length of 3:30. Mylo Xyloto doesn't have a registered length.

Remember that X&Y's tracks were all standard length or longer (seriously, "Low" went on at least 2 minutes too long), whereas we'll likely have a couple brief interlude pieces here. We already know MX is a brief opener, anyway. VLVODAAHF also wasn't quite as short as it seemed, as 3 of the tracks were multi-part songs.

Really, I have many more things I'm worried about with this album than length.