✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone else worried about the length?

TwistedPolitik

I'm not worried about the length.

And I also object to X&Y being the weakest album to date. I love X&Y... It's one of my favourites, if not my actual favourite.

Unlike what some people are saying, I find that VLV actually is a little short and I was actually really disappointed with the running time. The tracks do make up for it, but I hate when albums are short.

I think that as long as the music is good and isn't long for the sake of it, I'd love a 60-ish minute album

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that length would be about 42 minutes, maybe more - but not longer than 50 minutes for sure. I guess I've heard enough from the band about long albums and how X&Y turned out to fail mostly because of length. Not very logical to say all that, and than go and make an hour-long album. Besides they seem to be obsessed with making the album sound cohesive.

Sound of songs >>>>> length of songs.

Very, very true. Honestly I'm thinking more like 55 minutes. That's about 4 minutes per song. I don't think there will be any instrumentals or really short songs for some reason. I just don't see it. They INTENDED on having it around 45 minutes when they had 10-12 songs lined up to make it. I think it's more like 50-55 minutes. Definitely. :nod: 3 and half to 4 minutes per song. But that's just speculation, you know.

I hate when people use the X&Y comparison for length. X&Y wasn't weak because of it's length. It was weak because the band was in a rough patch and wasn't as musically focused as they are now.

With all the hard work, focus, and dedication they've put into meticulously crafting this album, I have no worries about its length/cohesiveness.

I hate when people use the X&Y comparison for length. X&Y wasn't weak because of it's length. It was weak because the band was in a rough patch and wasn't as musically focused as they are now.

With all the hard work, focus, and dedication they've put into meticulously crafting this album, I have no worries about its length/cohesiveness.

Very true, good point. And also, they were making music they thought people EXPECTED of them rather than what they WANTED to.

14 tracks. Maybe this will be about 60 minutes long? The last time Coldplay made an album that long was X&Y and I don't know about you guys but I and many other people consider it their weakest album by quite some distance. I'm worried this album will be too bloated or not have enough going on to hold my interest for the full 14 tracks. Anyone else feel this way?

Sorry, but you are crazy, and your way of think is too subjective. X&Y for me is actually the best creation of Coldplay. An epic album, simple awesome. Coldplay once say that X&Y was they best work. Subjective, in my way, I hate short albums. But however, I really think this album may can unseat X&Y from my top.