✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coldplay Redemption Thread

aschall

I am baffled at some people saying "Hey just because I don´t like every single song, that doesn't mean I am not a Coldplay fan!". This is not what´s happening on MX. It´s not one song: it´s several songs, together with the title, the style, the collaborations, the clothes, etc....There HAS been an unusual large amount of negative reactions to MX era: I am just saying let´s admit it because that´s the truth and it´s not only about one song ...:)

Thats surely true.

But thats what I predicted as they said "the triumpf over fear" and revelead their inspiration ("to express yourself"). It was clear that MX will be very different from Viva - in comparism Viva was different, but very shy. MX is really polarising. But I knew that. Nevertheless I'm shocked of the way how some people express their dislike. This is not, what Coldplay deserves - no matter how they like the new style.

In my honest opinion its due to the huge secrets of MX and some people here in the forum who supported the negativity.

For me, Paradise is the least favorite. Don't like it as the other new songs but its a good song for me. The chorus gives me chills every time, the verse is a bit too poppy in my eyes.

I love their new style and am fascinated by their brave to envolve. I really look forward to the album as a whole. I'm sure, if we had heard so many Viva songs before the release there would have been more negativity too.

The song I like most is MTM. Not just because it resembles Coldplay's previous work, I really think it's a lot better than CB and HLH, which I like too. Oh and UATW for sure. Basically, I like the new direction Coldplay has taken, just w/o Paradise and Every Teardrop.

Oh and some of the titles, A Hopeful Transmission and Up in Flames are growing on me.

To sum up, Moving to Mars >> UATW> CB > HLH > MM>>>>>>>Paradise>>>>ETiaW

I don't really care for Moving to Mars. Its a good song but the beginning is really boring in my honest opinion. The building is great and the melody part with "And I heard it..." too. But its not the song which creates such a feeling inside my body that I have to hear it all the time.

I believe some people might leave this forum for good. MX got really the community divided, which I guess it´s a sign that it WAS a bold move on Coldplay´s part. As Chris said in the interview, they knew this was going to happen. I also think some critics will pan Paradise and maybe even MX. I hope it´s gonna be critically successful, but they are taking a big gamble on this one. I will always be a proud MXer though :)

I believe some people might leave this forum for good. MX got really the community divided, which I guess it´s a sign that it WAS a bold move on Coldplay´s part. As Chris said in the interview, they knew this was going to happen. I also think some critics will pan Paradise and maybe even MX. I hope it´s gonna be critically successful, but they are taking a big gamble on this one. I will always be a proud MXer though :)

A proud"MIXER" :laugh3:

I really don´t feel anything about Rhianna being on POC, unlike a LOT of people on the forum who have already decided it´s gonna be awful hehe I really think I need to hear the song to really make up my mind about her contribution, you know? Regardless of whatever she might have been doing as an artist before.

I love how their is at least 1 postive thread on here. This will be my haven for the next month!:)

I love all the new songs. As for Princess of China, I personally don't like Rihanna's voice and thing she is a bad influence on kids, but I trust Coldplay with this. They are great musicians and know what they are doing. I wish people would give them a chance. For all I know I may be pleasently suprised by Princess of China.:)

Chommy: Maybe paradise will sound different to you, once in the context of the album? It did happen to me with Viva La Vida actually. Was not so crazy with it as a single. (I went meh when I first heard it), but absolutely loved it when I heard it in the album. Strange but it can happen :)

Hurts Like Heaven is absolutely amazing. As long as the studio version doesn't stray too far away from the live performances, expect a Lego version in 2 years ;)

I wasn't too sure about Charlie Brown, but after hearing the snippet on that Sky commercial, I think it'll be fantastic. Definitely one of my favourites from the MX-era.

Major Minus sounded amazing live, and when in its proper place with the rest of MX, I think the studio version will be accepted with open arms.

Paradise is simply addictive. That'll be a crowd-pleaser, I'm sure. R42 was bang on with his review of it being "massive", these headphones I have just don't do it justice.

ETIAW is a tough one. The last minute sounds great, and the video is just awesome, but the beginning doesn't really impress me. I don't, mind it being on MX, honestly.

Us Against the World is okay, I think. I really like it live though, as the band coming together and just playing quietly is nice.

Reading all the negativity on this forum has really surprised me. I understand that some people might not like the direction this album has taken, but the amount of hate that has surfaced is just sad. Personally, I really like the graffiti theme, as it's sparked a lot of creativity visually. I just wish they would update their website, I've never been a fan of the pink and black look to it. (VIVA era website was great)

Yeah, the community is divided, but the way of the astonishment is so huge! There are so many thread about the same topic - old vs. new Coldplay. Was it the same way while Viva-era? I'm sad because especially we should have known that the record is going to be so different after all and now we are so surprised? Sorry, but thats so boring for me.

I won't visit the forum any longer, or just the threads which I like. Don't want to read some ridicolous stuff of some haters here.

After the album release I will hear it again and again and maybe, after 1-2 weeks I will write a review of the album.

I will come regularly to this thread simply because I feel I have spent more time discussing why Paradise/MX is not crap than actually celebrating the fact that I love these songs and this forum has always been a place for me to come and just go all out on how much I love Coldplay songs. So now I will go and listen to Paradise for 10th time! hehe Is anyone noticing new nuances with each listen? Only after 5 listens I heard the claps and yesterday I heard the small bells or whatever they are in the end. Nice touches!

-Jonny's incredible effort (he really gave his best,even on the songs I don't like. kudos, Jon)

-Moving To Mars (best MX song so far, I don't care if it is not on the album)

-Charlie Brown (made me cry, I swear)

-Us Against The World (ditto, I am such a bitch)

-Major Minus (dark, me like)

-Hurts Like Heaven (not as much as the above ones but it's exciting and rich)