✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Coldplay Redemption Thread

aschall

I have been a Coldplay fan for about 6 years now, and just because I do love most of their music doesn't mean I have to like every little song they release, that'd only make me look like a blind tasteless crazy fangirl with no personal opinion.

What I love most about MX so far: Buckland, all day. So far all of the new releases have sat really well with me, ETIAW and Paradise took a little longer to grow on me than usual but I'll probably end up playing them when I need a song to get me pumped up. Really looking forward to some interesting titles, namely U.F.O, Up in Flames, and A Hopeful Transmission. Overall it's going to be a solid album imo.

I love Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown. I'm excited for Princess of China - I don't care that Rihanna's on it, I'm listening because I love Coldplay. I listened to Paradise on Radio 1 this morning, and I nearly cried. It's a new step for the band, and I can't wait to be there for it.

Music's more than just guitars, pianos and whether you're sticking to your roots. It's about expressing yourself in more than words. Chris Martin will always have a gift for being able to do that, regardless of what direction Coldplay take.

I love Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown. I'm excited for Princess of China - I don't care that Rihanna's on it, I'm listening because I love Coldplay. I listened to Paradise on Radio 1 this morning, and I nearly cried. It's a new step for the band, and I can't wait to be there for it.

Music's more than just guitars, pianos and whether you're sticking to your roots. It's about expressing yourself in more than words. Chris Martin will always have a gift for being able to do that, regardless of what direction Coldplay take.

Good post !!!

I think it will take some time for me to get along with the new style they have but i will do ! :) And of course, i can understand that they wanna try new things,iam positive about that !!! By the way, personally i dont wanna eat Ham and eggs every day for breakfast,so they dont wanna produce the same style of music all over the years ! Go Coldplay, i love you ! :)

I am baffled at some people saying "Hey just because I don´t like every single song, that doesn't mean I am not a Coldplay fan!". This is not what´s happening on MX. It´s not one song: it´s several songs, together with the title, the style, the collaborations, the clothes, etc....There HAS been an unusual large amount of negative reactions to MX era: I am just saying let´s admit it because that´s the truth and it´s not only about one song ...:)

And by the way, i almost read "i have still fingers crossed that the other unknown songs are better" (or something like that). Everyone should make clear about that this is definetly their new style of music for the new album ! We wont get to hear songs in style of Clocks,Yellow or Trouble in this Era...and personally,thats not a problem for me !

After listening to Paradise 12 times over, I freaking love it. It wasn't like that with ETIAW for me. I love how it switches from Eminor, Bb, F, C to DM7, Bb, F, C. The piano (although hidden by strings and synthesizers) is glorious. There's more subtlety than I thought. I wish there was more guitar though...

May I express how excited I am about how HLH will flow into this then move on to Charlie Brown? This album is going to be great. Sure there's pop-y stuff, but it's going to flow nicely together. Oh, and get ready for PoC. It's going to be even more pop-y than Paradise... and that's fine with me. As long as it's good and I still want to listen to it in five years is all that matters.

After listening to Paradise 12 times over, I freaking love it. It wasn't like that with ETIAW for me. I love how it switches from Eminor, Bb, F, C to DM7, Bb, F, C. The piano (although hidden by strings and synthesizers) is glorious. There's more subtlety than I thought. I wish there was more guitar though...

May I express how excited I am about how HLH will flow into this then move on to Charlie Brown? This album is going to be great. Sure there's pop-y stuff, but it's going to flow nicely together. Oh, and get ready for PoC. It's going to be even more pop-y than Paradise... and that's fine with me. As long as it's good and I still want to listen to it in five years is all that matters.

Hey SKin,

i know youre as big fan of PoC as me:) So my question is, do you also think it will sound very different to the live version ? (not only because Rihanna is there)...

Ah I am not the only thinking of how the tracks are gonna flow into each other. Thank god for the sandwich break between part 1 and part 2, because side A will already blow us away! And Ronnie: you are not alone. I love EVERYTHING about MX as well: I think it´s gonna be epic!

I feel like I'm going to duplicate this post a lot but....

Us Against the World

Charlie Brown

Hurts Like Heaven

Major Minus

There. We know at least 1/3 of the album will be good to brilliant.

Actually, the studio version of MM is kind of wonky but I'm banking on it getting a new mix.

Edit: MTM rocks too, except it's not on the album. :(

That's true, there has been a lot of negative reactions. What kind of reaction did the other albums have when they got released?

What I love most about MX era, was the festivals! I loved the setlist they had for them. It had a good balance of old and new songs. It was an awesome experience to have been a part of.

I also love:

major minus

charlie brown

hurts like heaven

ETIAW

The grafitti concept

Oh yes, I also love the special edition package of the album. Comes with many cool things. A pop up album!