✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ SECC, Glasgow, Scotland

sold out in less then a minute ... and on seatwave.com you can buy a hundred tickets for a much higher price. oh i hate these dealers :veryangry2::veryangry2::veryangry2:

i got two standing tickets for berlin (my home town) but would have been much happier to the them in their homecountry angain...

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh thankgod haha I was wondering cause the website looks really unprofessional haha!

They're a small company. They have a shop in Glasgow and Edinburgh where you can go and buy tickets (I have done many times before) and then they have the website. So it's definitely a legit site. I have to agree, the website is quite basic though!

Wow, weird how I have only ever seen the boys in London or Glasgow!

Guess it makes sense - lived just outside of London (Chertsey nr Staines) from 2001-2005, lived halfway between Glasgow and Edinburgh 2006-present!

Really excited to be taking my wife along to her first Coldplay show this time around, I think she will have lots of fun!

• 2 weeks later...

SECC Tickets - Starting To Panic!

Hi everyone,

This is my first message on the forum and I'm hoping that someone can help me out here first before I have to contact Ticketmaster. I was delighted when the band announced that they would be playing Glasgow's SECC on 3rd December and wanted to make sure I got tickets.

I wanted to getting 2 Standing tickets and also 2 Seated tickets as a present for my parents. I was able to get these in the presale and the money was taken out of my account for both sets on 27th September. On my Ticketmaster account, it says that both of these orders are still processing. I received the Seated tickets in the post on Friday and they were the tickets I purchased first.

I thought it was a bit strange that both hadn't arrived at the same time, so decided to check the FAQ section on Ticketmaster and it states, "The ticket limit for the Coldplay UK Tour is 2 tickets per person, per card and per billing address. Please adhere to the published limit as any orders made in excess of it are liable to be cancelled." I had asbolutely no idea about this and I'm now starting to really panic that the Standing tickets are going to be cancelled.

Will this definitely be the case? Is my best bet to phone Ticketmaster about it? As I already said, I had no idea about this ticket limit per card or billing address as I was in a rush trying to get the tickets.

I appreciate anyone's help on this.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

This is my first message on the forum and I'm hoping that someone can help me out here first before I have to contact Ticketmaster. I was delighted when the band announced that they would be playing Glasgow's SECC on 3rd December and wanted to make sure I got tickets.

I wanted to getting 2 Standing tickets and also 2 Seated tickets as a present for my parents. I was able to get these in the presale and the money was taken out of my account for both sets on 27th September. On my Ticketmaster account, it says that both of these orders are still processing. I received the Seated tickets in the post on Friday and they were the tickets I purchased first.

I thought it was a bit strange that both hadn't arrived at the same time, so decided to check the FAQ section on Ticketmaster and it states, "The ticket limit for the Coldplay UK Tour is 2 tickets per person, per card and per billing address. Please adhere to the published limit as any orders made in excess of it are liable to be cancelled." I had asbolutely no idea about this and I'm now starting to really panic that the Standing tickets are going to be cancelled.

Will this definitely be the case? Is my best bet to phone Ticketmaster about it? As I already said, I had no idea about this ticket limit per card or billing address as I was in a rush trying to get the tickets.

I appreciate anyone's help on this.

I bought 3 standing tickets over two transactions. Just like you, 2 arrived but the single ticket never did. I've just checked 'My Ticketmaster' and it says that the order is cancelled!!! They never emailed me to tell me that it was cancelled, the only email they ever sent was to confirm that the booking was successful :cry:

I've only just trawled through my credit card bills and seen that they also never took any money for that single ticket so I doubt that they'll honour it.

I don't know wthat to do now, I had no idea about that rule - and I need an extra ticket :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still looking for a ticket too! If you're prepared to pay over the face value you'll get one on ebay! Other than that it's down to someone maybe having a spare to sell on here, or taking a chance with the venue closer to the date.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forums, but Coldplay has been my favorite band for a long time. My husband and I are in America, but we recently won a trip to Glasgow to see Coldplay! We are extremely excited, we both love Coldplay and this will be our first time in Europe.

I was just curious, how early should we get to the arena if we want to get close to the stage? We've never been to a Coldplay show that's GA before, and we'd like to be as close to the stage as we can. Thank you!

Really looking forward to the gig; now just a few days away.

Thanks karenc, was extremely relieved when the tickets arrived with me. Sorry to hear that happened to you Beppevroomvroom. I can only assume that my tickets didn't get cancelled as I went for Standing and Seated, instead of two lots of either of them. It's a terrible rule and was not made obvious on Ticketmaster either.

It was supposed to help stop touts, but I honestly doubt it will have made much difference. I hope you are able to get another ticket for it.

To KTinKC, hope you have a great time on Saturday. The doors open at 6:30pm according to the tickets, so you should maybe get there 30 minutes or so before then to get as near the front as possible. Don't quote me on that though. Enjoy your visit to Scotland!

Anyone care to guess at the show order? My wife isn't keen on sitting around for too long, and neither of us are really interested in Emeli Sande.

I think...

Doors 6.30

Emeli Sande 7.45-8.25

Coldplay 8.55-10.50

I will check SECC website, hopefully something official will be posted there, coldplay.com, coldplaying.com or on twitter...

Really looking forward to the gig; now just a few days away.

Thanks karenc, was extremely relieved when the tickets arrived with me. Sorry to hear that happened to you Beppevroomvroom. I can only assume that my tickets didn't get cancelled as I went for Standing and Seated, instead of two lots of either of them. It's a terrible rule and was not made obvious on Ticketmaster either.

It was supposed to help stop touts, but I honestly doubt it will have made much difference. I hope you are able to get another ticket for it.

To KTinKC, hope you have a great time on Saturday. The doors open at 6:30pm according to the tickets, so you should maybe get there 30 minutes or so before then to get as near the front as possible. Don't quote me on that though. Enjoy your visit to Scotland!

It definately didn't stop the touts as there were loads of tickets for this on ebay, seatwave etc.

I did manage to get another one (thank goodness) but I had to pay way over the odds for it - almost £130!! At least we're all getting to go though - can't wait :)

I'm so excited to know the new setlist ! :smug:

Same here, and what the stage looks like and everything! :awesome:

Last time I saw Coldplay live, I tried to keep as much surprises as I could. But watching the gig again on YouTube later felt like 'there is so much stuff I didn't see, or didn't realize how awesome it was'. So, this time, I'm trying to reverse this - watching the whole the show before, and when they'll come in Paris, I'll enjoy it even more.

Can't wait to see what's new!