✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[26-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas, Madrid, Spain (Please post your reviews pg 85

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay live American Express UNSTAGED

Hey everybody, i guess you all have seen this?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsyBA2Rvmys&feature=feedf]Coldplay - American Express UNSTAGED: Join us LIVE 10/26 - YouTube[/ame]

Sooo, what do think? :rolleyes:

p.s, Im very sorry if someone allready posted this :)

Coldplay to livestream Madrid concert online

By JAKE COYLE, Associated Press Updated 26m ago

Comments

NEW YORK – Coldplay will livestream a concert from Madrid just as the band is releasing its fifth album.

The concert will be streamed live on YouTube from the Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas on Oct. 26 (4 p.m. ET). The concert, part of the ongoing online series "American Express Unstaged," takes place two days after Coldplay releases "Mylo Xyloto."

"Until we can come to a video as good as 'Single Ladies' by Beyonce, we have to rely on just the meat and vegetables of playing songs live," says Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, speaking from Cape Town, South Africa, where the band played Wednesday. "And this is just a nice way of doing it for a few more people at once."

"Unstaged" has frequently paired acts such as Arcade Fire, John Legend and My Morning Jacket with famous directors. The Coldplay concert will be directed by Anton Corbijn, the photographer, music-video maker and filmmaker of "Control" and "The American."

Corbijn is known for black-and-white and color-drained images in his work with Joy Division, Depeche Mode and R.E.M. He's directed several Coldplay videos but has one quibble with the planned concert.

"I don't particularly like lasers," says Corbijn, speaking from London. "At the moment, I've given into two songs."

Says Martin: "He'll win, of course. He's much better at the visual stuff."

Corbijn says it's challenging doing a concert like this without designing the whole show, and without the band being on tour ahead of it. Coldplay is currently playing a handful of festivals. But Las Ventas, a famed bullfighting ring, is a unique location.

"Even if you just look through one camera, it's going to look great," says Corbijn. "The arena is so beautiful."

It's the first international concert for "Unstaged," which is eager to benefit from a global audience. It will be streamed via music video service VEVO and also will be available through YouTube and VEVO apps on some smartphones and tablets.

Rich Lehrfeld, vice president of global sponsorship, access and experimental marketing for American Express, says the series has been a success and will continue. Lehrfeld declined to say how many people have watched the five previous "Unstaged" performances, but American Express says there have been more than 40 million streams altogether.

Coldplay is planning a wristband experiment for the Madrid crowd. Corbijn will shoot a pre-show segment of banter among himself and members of the band.

The concert comes as a welcome distraction for Martin.

"When we're in countries which don't speak English, it's harder for us to understand bad reviews," says Martin. "The week an album comes out is a tense week. So if you go and play in a place where the audiences are very loud and very passionate and even if they're swearing at you it sounds melodic — that's a nice way to distract you."

Martin and Corbijn, though, don't consider themselves bullfighting fans.

Says Corbijn: "I'm a Taurus myself, so I feel sorry for the bulls."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/story/2011-10-06/coldplay/50677470/1

I hate the fact that a plane ticket only costs €108, that kinda makes me want to go to Madrid (and I can't go, ugh)

i would offer you accommodation for sure, if i lived in Madrid ... but i am in Barcelona, i myself will need to book a hotel

site[/url]

thank you!!! i had a look, there´s nothing new/special out there .. well, only thing left is to stalk around the web-page tomorrow around 9am and try to get 2 tix

wish me luck coldplayers, i will need some Cp karma i guess!

coldplay2-blog480.jpg

Coldplay will perform in Madrid on Oct. 26 at a concert that will be streamed live on the Internet.

Coldplay Live Concert Webcast to Be Directed by Anton Corbijn

To add to a directorial résumé that includes films like “The American” and “Control” as well as music videos like U2’s “One” and Nirvana’s “Heart-Shaped Box,” Anton Corbijn has found an assignment that he expects will keep him on his feet. “And afterwards,” he said, “on my back, probably.”

Mr. Corbijn, the Dutch filmmaker and photographer, will direct the live Web broadcast of a concert performance by Coldplay, the British rock quartet, at the Plaza de Toros de Las Ventas in Madrid. The Webcast is the latest entry in the American Express Unstaged series, which has previously paired Terry Gilliam with Arcade Fire; David Lynch with Duran Duran; and Todd Haynes with My Morning Jacket. The Coldplay concert will be streamed live starting at 4 p.m. Eastern time on Oct. 26 at youtube.com/coldplayVEVO, and is presented in partnership with the video Web sites YouTube and VEVO. The companies were expected to announce the event on Thursday.

The concert, to promote Coldplay’s new album “Mylo Xyloto,” will put Mr. Corbijn in charge of 12 cameras that will be situated around Las Ventas, a famous Spanish bullfighting arena that has previously hosted performances by AC/DC and Radiohead. In a telephone interview, Mr. Corbijn described a recent visit to the bullring (“My star sign is Taurus, so I was a little hesitant going in there”) and said it was a “fantastic place” for a rock concert.

“Usually when you play to 15 or 20,000 people, the arenas tend to be elongated, and this is round and it’s very high up, so there’s a wall of people around you.” Mr. Corbijn said, adding: “Spanish people tend to be very enthusiastic at concerts, and you get incredible energy from them. I would prefer it to Amsterdam.”

Though Mr. Corbijn is perhaps most closely associated with Depeche Mode, the moody electronic rock band for whom he directed videos like “Personal Jesus,” he has also directed videos for Coldplay’s songs “Viva La Vida” and “Talk,” and said he finds Coldplay to be “a very uplifting band.”

Then again, he said, “I have such a love of good music, that I find even melancholic music uplifting. Maybe I’m a rare breed.”

After the Coldplay concert (and perhaps a nice long nap), Mr. Corbijn says he is starting work on a film adaptation of “A Most Wanted Man,” the John Le Carré novel about a mysterious man’s arrival in post-9/11 Hamburg.

He might also cross paths with the Coldplay front man Chris Martin at a gym they both frequent, although, Mr. Corbijn said, “This makes it sound like I go to the gym every day. There was a period that I would at least go once a week. But not currently.”

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/06/coldplay-concert-directed-by-anton-corbijn-to-be-broadcast-live-on-the-web/