✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Review of Mylo Xyloto (G1 - Brazilian Site)

Paulinha coldplay

1 - "Mylo Xyloto"

The instrumental intro lasts only 41 seconds. The title track has been played at the beginning of the concerts after the movie theme "Back to the future."

2 - "Hurts Like Heaven"

Although it goes by the line of the busiest released Coldplay songs, the new wave arrangement brings pounding from the beggining to the end, something unusual in the fourth album. Works on first listen and has little to do with the rest of the album.

3 - "Paradise"

It's the first sign that the album features a more R&B style than the four previous albuns. Chosen as the second single, the track has a cloying chorus.

4 - "Charlie Brown"

The formula noise-silence-noise of hits like "Clocks" and "God put a smile upon your face" is put into practice at once. Candidate to be a hit, the track it's the most "careta" of the album. But it doest'n mean it's bad, of course.

*Careta: humm, we can understand like polite, I think.

5 - "Us Against the World"

If it was part of the first album, "Parachutes" no one would notice. The beautiful song - and the crudest of the package - is devoid of synthesizers. The orchestrated arrangement hasn't little details like "Viva La Vida".

6 - "M.M.I.X."

The second interlude. 45 seconds of new age climate.

7 - "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall"

The first single from the album, in which Jonny Buckland's guitar leads everything, is built from the sound of the piano of "I go to Rio," by the singer Peter Allen. But that was not the song that inspired Martin. He was delighted with a scene from the film "Biutiful, with the song "Ritmo de la noche", by the singer Mystic.

8 - "Major Minus"

Who uses the expression "coxinha" to define the sound of Coldplay may like the track, which represents a more dark side of the band. The song is the face of U2. The sounds of Buckland's guitar and Martin's voice are reminiscent of Bono and company.

*A band "coxinha": Here in Brazil, many people defines Coldplay as a band "coxinha"... What's this? They called "the handsome and good guys, well-behaved, polite". :shifty:

9 - "U.F.O."

It seems like "Us Against the World" and recommended for those who die in love with "Violet Hill," "Fix You" (without that final) and "Life is for living," hidden track at the end of the first album.

10 - "Princess of China"

It's the band's first recording with another artist. According to members, the song was thought to be a duet between Chris Martin and a singer. Rihanna was the first option and accepted. No other singer is so R&B.

11 - "Up In Flames"

A hit refers to the trip hop of Portishead and Massive Attack, chorus sung in falsetto and simple piano phrases. There are few resources and an idea of unfinished track, but Coldplay can still create a decent tune.

12 - "A Hopeful Transmission"

The third interlude, of 31 seconds. It's the most short breathe from the album.

13 - "Don't let it break your heart"

The band leaves for the end the most polluted song of the album. With the melody in background, the song even has a memorable "oooohhh" in the end, but that's it.

14 - "Up With The Birds"

It starts only with voice and piano, til culminate into an epic string arrangement. In the end, drums, guitar and bass lead the listener to the exit door.

My english is terrible, well, hope you can understand something. :nice:

Oh my God. I was hoping It would never be posted. This is a fucking bad review made by a guy that doesn't like Coldplay. He didn't listen to MX at all. He just read the Q Magazine review and copied!

"12 - "A Hopeful Transmission"

The third interlude, of 31 seconds. It's the most short breathe from the album."

The first single from the album, in which Jonny Buckland's guitar leads everything, is built from the sound of the piano of "I go to Rio," by the singer Peter Allen. But that was not the song that inspired Martin. He was delighted with a scene from the film "Biutiful, with the song "Ritmo de la noche", by the singer Mystic.

Come on, he didn't say ANYTHING about those songs!

Paulinha, if you don't mind, I've made a few changes =) Thank you for the translation!

1 - "Mylo Xyloto"

The instrumental intro lasts only 41 seconds. The title track has been played at the beginning of the concerts after the movie theme "Back to the future."

2 - "Hurts Like Heaven"

Although it goes by the line of the busiest released Coldplay songs, the new wave arrangement brings pounding from the beggining to the end, something unusual in the band's dicography. Works on first listen and has little to do with the rest of the album.

3 - "Paradise"

It's the first sign that the album features a more R&B style than the four previous albuns. Chosen as the second single, the track has a cloying chorus.

4 - "Charlie Brown"

The formula noise-silence-noise of hits like "Clocks" and "God put a smile upon your face" is put into practice only once. Candidate to be a hit, the track it's the most "careta" of the album. But it doest'n mean it's bad, of course.

*Careta: humm, we can understand like polite, I think.

5 - "Us Against the World"

If it was part of the first album, "Parachutes" no one would notice it. The beautiful song - and the crudest of the package - is devoid of synthesizers. The orchestrated arrangement hasn't got the adornments from "Viva La Vida".

6 - "M.M.I.X."

The second interlude. 45 seconds of new age climate.

8 - "Major Minus"

Whoever uses the expression "coxinha" [Maybe 'bed-wetter'? 'Coxinha' is something annoying and tasteless] to define the sound of Coldplay may like the track, which represents a darker side of the band. The song is the face of U2. The sounds of Buckland's guitar and Martin's voice are reminiscent of Bono and company.

*A band "coxinha": Here in Brazil, many people defines Coldplay as a band "coxinha"... What's this? They called "the handsome and good guys, well-behaved, polite". :shifty:

9 - "U.F.O."

It seems like "Us Against the World" and recommended for those who die in love with "Violet Hill," "Fix You" (without that final) and "Life is for living," hidden track at the end of the first album.

10 - "Princess of China"

It's the band's first recording with another artist. According to members, the song was thought to be a duet between Chris Martin and a singer. Rihanna was the first option and accepted. No other singer is so R&B.

11 - "Up In Flames"

A hit refers to the trip hop of Portishead and Massive Attack, chorus sung in falsetto and simple piano phrases. There are few resources and this sounds like an unfinished track, but Coldplay can still create a decent tune.

12 - "A Hopeful Transmission"

The third interlude, of 31 seconds. It's the most short breathe from the album.

13 - "Don't let it break your heart"

The band leaves for the end the most polluted song of the album. With the melody in background, the song even has a memorable "oooohhh" in the end, but that's it.

14 - "Up With The Birds"

It starts only with voice and piano, til culminate into an epic string arrangement. In the end, drums, guitar and bass lead the listener to the exit door.

My english is terrible, well, hope you can understand something. :nice: