✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto in Every Song?

twitchy517

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Mylo Xyloto, the notes are D,C,Bb, and A.

On other songs, the key is sometimes different, but the pattern is always descending: whole step, whole step, then a half step.

Or if you want to sing along like middle school choir, think "Mi Re Do, Ti" :):)

P.S

The Chords for MX are:

1st 4 bars - Bb Major, C Minor, Bb Major, D Minor

2nd 4 bars - D Major, C Minor, Bb Major, Bb Major

Repeat^

Right, just have to share this with everyone,

I was reading this thread so i decided to start playing MX on the piano which just happens to be next to my laptop. I'd played it about once and then suddenly, without doing anything, the background synth/guitar/xylophone started to back up my piano. in time and everything! I was sat playing thinking wow how cool is this, i have a super power that plays music in my head out loud. Turns out it was my phone ringing because MX is my ringtone, someone had called the wrong number...

i bet its a sign..

LOL. Phone wins.

P.S

The Chords for MX are:

1st 4 bars - A Major, C Minor, A Major, D Minor

2nd 4 bars - D Major, C Minor, A Major, A Major

Repeat^

Given that MX and Hurts Like Heaven are in the key of Bb, your chord selections leave me completely baffled. This sounds like a very interesting progression though, I'd love to hear a video of this!

Given that MX and Hurts Like Heaven are in the key of Bb, your chord selections leave me completely baffled. This sounds like a very interesting progression though, I'd love to hear a video of this!

A fuck no i meant Bb Major where ever i put A sorry i was thinking A# :3. and yes :D ive always wanted to do a video of it but i never got the courage.. i might just do it now thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

It uses the same pattern all the way through, in every song.

Paradise its the background synth and the violins.

Charlie Brown it is the vocals (ever wonder why the accelerated vocals open the track)

Us Against the World is Jonnys opening part paired with the organ.

M.M.I.X. is simply a toned down version of MX. (Think Light Through The Veins)

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall is a tad bit trickier, but its hidden in a background track burried beneath so many layers of this song.

Major Minus is in the solo.

UFO is MX in my opinion I dont hear much difference at all, just the xylophones with the acoustic guitar.

Princess of China is throughout the whole song. That pooping synth is a MX sample.

Up In Flames the trickiest one to fit into this whole crazy puzzle. My friend figured it out. Reverse the piano.

A Hopeful Transmission, if you dont hear it hit me in the face with a shoe.

Dont Let It Break You Heart, well see AHT

Up With The Birds, Jonnys main riff in the middle. Tell me that isnt MX.

Princess of China is almost Hurts Like Heaven. The lyrics structure of both songs fit. And PoC's ending is Paradise's ending. It's just equal.

Princess of China is a modified MX. The intro is literally the same. Throw a couple different effects on the original MX and you get the PoC opening.

To the person who said he cant hear it in Every Teardrop. The synth you hear before the synth kicks in with the main chords has it. On top of which so does Jonny's guitar after his initial riff. Its obvious to me starting at 1:08.

This is genius and Coldplay pulled it off. Mylo Xyloto is not meant to be listened to one song at a time. This type of artisan should be hailed now a days. The way it flows and fits together as is, is brilliant. Give the album another 3 minutes of transitions and its a seamless song.

Now the question is what song is the lynch pin of the album?

Parachutes = Trouble (Para-Para-Parachutes)

AROBTTH = Politik

X&Y = Fix You

VLV = Viva La Vida

We know Charlie Brown was that song for the acoustic record before Guy put his foot down and put it on Mylo. However before that, what song were they using as the key to the album?

• 2 weeks later...

Wedding Bells is SUCH a good song. Work on the film/comic animation had already begun when the song was revealed in 2010, so surely Chris was in the narrative frame of mind while writing. I doubt the band really understood what Mylo Xyloto was until the final tracklisting was chosen. Not to say that Wedding Bells was in the final batch, or even about the same story… but it was definitely written alongside songs and concepts that would eventually make up MX. I'll always think of it as a strange cousin to the album.