✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The HATERS thread

purplemonkeyz232

I'm not talking about the fans who aren't happy with MX or other certain eras of Coldplay. No. I'm talking about the people who hate Coldplay and everything they do. Being the superfans you are, I'm sure you've met some of these people. They complain that Coldplay is "whiny" and "repetitive," and when they can't come up with anything intelligent to support their arguments, the resort to the overly-used and not-even-funny "40 yr old virgin" joke. THESE PEOPLE.

Now, this isn't entirely a thread dedicated to hating on the haters (though we can indeed indulge ourselves in this... :sneaky:), but it's more of a thread that's about exploring these people. It raises the questions: Who are they? Why do they dislike Coldplay so much? Do you know any of them? Family? Friends? Celebrities? Strangers? And if so, what are your conversations like?

Bah to answer the question and to tell the truth I'm not much respect in society, so they do not like the music I listen or they are jealous of Coldplay band because they are rich and famous (but I'm talking about all the celebrities in general singing) who sings and the famous is the first to set an example for them it's PERFECT yes all are rich and perfect for the people who are not part of showbiz, they are like perfect .

but most important to me.

party-hard.gif?m=1272636483

bored, loser, not perfect is not a hard party yo !

the haters is Family, Friends ,Celebrities, Strangers ( is perfect people)

sorry I can not speak English, not know.

Bah to answer the question and to tell the truth I'm not much respect in society, so they do not like the music I listen or they are jealous of Coldplay band because they are rich and famous (but I'm talking about all the celebrities in general singing) who sings and the famous is the first to set an example for them it's PERFECT yes all are rich and perfect for the people who are not part of showbiz, they are like perfect .

but most important to me.

party-hard.gif?m=1272636483

bored, loser, not perfect is not a hard party yo !

the haters is Family, Friends ,Celebrities, Strangers ( is perfect people)

sorry I can not speak English, not know.

brb dying

that spoiler omg

I've never understood the "whiny" complaint. What songs are whiny?? We Never Change...? And that's it, right? I just don't get it.

I know, I really don't get it either...I think they mistake Chris's falsetto for whining, which is balanced by his ability to go pretty low as well. Not to mention it's lovely :D

I know one coldplay hater, she's a friend of mine, and she uses the tired old 'their music is whiny' argument, and apparantly their music is irrelevant to any world issues, completely ignoring songs like Politik and Violet Hill

I know!!! I hate it when people say their music is irrelevant! Maybe it's irrelevant to them because they don't take the time to really listen to it.

I know!!! I hate it when people say their music is irrelevant! Maybe it's irrelevant to them because they don't take the time to really listen to it.

Exactly, I've analysed Violet Hill for a school project, and I think it's about the glorification of war, and how though we show all this support for our troops and whatnot, how much can we really love them when we're sending a lot of them to their deaths in a strange place? (sorry, runon sentence much)

Exactly, I've analysed Violet Hill for a school project, and I think it's about the glorification of war, and how though we show all this support for our troops and whatnot, how much can we really love them when we're sending a lot of them to their deaths in a strange place? (sorry, runon sentence much)

Haha! No, that's really a great analysis of the song. I've never actually thought of it that way....

I've never understood the "whiny" complaint. What songs are whiny?? We Never Change...? And that's it, right? I just don't get it.

This. This is the argument that my guy friends always use. I guess they would classify depressing songs (a la Amsterdam, The Scientist, Trouble) as whiny?

Even though Depressing =/= whiny :shifty:

I really like this interpretation :wacky:

After reading this thread, you guys need to chill out man. I regret so much showing everybody I know that i liked Coldplay. Every moment I mentioned them, I don´t even know why I have friends now.. and you might think now, ¨whatevs i´ll be a fan forevah¨ But really this could just be a long fad and then you´ll regret all of you crazy fandom because you know what people are telling you behind your back? Things like, ¨you need a life¨ ¨you need a boyfriend¨ ¨..you´re too obsessed..¨ and then what? You could ignore but just save all of that regret :blank: DO IT NOW.

And also, if people don´t like a band then thats their opinion, ok? Thats like asking, Why do people hate Justin Bieber? Why do people think his voice sounds like a girl? Why to people call him fag and want to kill him? Its just opinion, I wont say, oh fuck them! because its their opinion. Not everyone in the world has to love them :blank:

After reading this thread, you guys need to chill out man. I regret so much showing everybody I know that i liked Coldplay. Every moment I mentioned them, I don´t even know why I have friends now.. and you might think now, ¨whatevs i´ll be a fan forevah¨ But really this could just be a long fad and then you´ll regret all of you crazy fandom because you know what people are telling you behind your back? Things like, ¨you need a life¨ ¨you need a boyfriend¨ ¨..you´re too obsessed..¨ and then what? You could ignore but just save all of that regret :blank: DO IT NOW.

And also, if people don´t like a band then thats their opinion, ok? Thats like asking, Why do people hate Justin Bieber? Why do people think his voice sounds like a girl? Why to people call him fag and want to kill him? Its just opinion, I wont say, oh fuck them! because its their opinion. Not everyone in the world has to love them :blank:

I understand your point, but I don't think we're saying that everyone in the world has to love them. We're just debating about why people have their various opinions, specifically the negative ones.

Also I (along with many others I'm sure) consider myself a pretty big fan, but I don't think I let it interfere with my life to the point where I don't socialize with others. My friends have never told me that I "need a life" or anything like that. But I totally understand what you're saying, and it's good to remember that everything should be taken in moderation. :)

This. This is the argument that my guy friends always use. I guess they would classify depressing songs (a la Amsterdam, The Scientist, Trouble) as whiny?

I've always wondered if guys have a harder time being fans than girls do. If a girl likes Coldplay, she seems to get less negative attention from her friends than if a guy does (if he even admits it for that matter.) But, I could be totally wrong!

not need to socialize with idiots of first. to talk with them or do the same.

I do not like the sheeps of society. they bore me serious because they have nothing to tell interesting. so I will not talk with them is zombies. that do not move the world.

its people are just like celebrities. title "I have a life I have money I show it to all" see in TV and reality TV too

anyway celebrities are there to make shit musics to make money being seen by more people and sell more albums. then people who insute the bands and musics. they are like I do not see the point to discuss the haters. they are all.........

oh my god

God does not exist when people idiots do not respect the individuality of each person, their taste, personality, values ​​etc. .. I speak only intelligente people of heart like you. it makes a differance in the world. and few people meet this differance called tolerance and respect.

I see your point, after all what else is a forum for but voicing opinions? As for chilling out, I wasn't particularly worked up in the first place, but ok. I've never had people tell me to 'get a life' or 'you need a boyfriend' either, and ok, maybe i will fall out of my fandom for coldplay, but if that happens, isn't it all the more reason to enjoy it now? Also I understand that there will be people who don't like coldplay, and when I meet those people, I just turn the conversation in a different direction, I like to avoid confrontation. As was explained, this thread is more for understanding WHY people dislike coldplay, not for flaming them. People will use this thread to flame, of course, but that can't be helped. Lastly, I have a lot of reasons for disliking Justin Bieber, but it's all about opinions, right?