✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[24-Apr-2012] Coldplay @ Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR, USA

Jenjie

When I've gone two nights in a row, they've only switched up a song, maybe two, but it's still an amazing time. It never gets dull, no matter what songs they repeat. :D

IDK, it doesn't matter to me, but I do see how it could make it less enjoyable for some people. It's all personal preference really.

If nothing else, it's better that people who would be bothered about that sort of thing not go multiple times, than go, be disappointed then b!$#h about it on here endlessly.:rolleyes:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDK if it's sold out or not, but it's been a practice of the band for several years to "upgrade" people like this. It could easily be done from their comps, sold out or not.

Thx! I'm on level 2 on July 2nd. I'm going to wear my Coldplay gears (well my Coldplay running man t-shirt) to increase my chances of getting picked. :D

IDK, it doesn't matter to me, but I do see how it could make it less enjoyable for some people. It's all personal preference really.

If nothing else, it's better that people who would be bothered about that sort of thing not go multiple times, than go, be disappointed then b!$#h about it on here endlessly.:rolleyes:

Good point!:nod:

I think I could listen to them night after night without being disappointed.:)

Thx! I'm on level 2 on July 2nd. I'm going to wear my Coldplay gears (well my Coldplay running man t-shirt) to increase my chances of getting picked. :D

I'm not sure, but I think they focus on people in the way,way,way back nosebleeds. Not sure where you're level 2 is, but FWIW good luck!:D

On any other song ok. That one was perfect the way it was.

I think in the '02 Toronto gig they gig id with acoustic guitar til the end when Chris switched to piano as per the album, but it's been so long i forget,lol. I don't even know if I have that gig anymore. Damned crashing computers.:(

Either works for me. I'm a sucker for piano ballads,lol.

I loke. As long as it still has Jonny, a little more piano never bothers me.

I have not watched a single video from any of the shows so far this tour. I didn't even want to know setlist changes, but it's kind of hard to completely avoid that - with twitter and Facebook. But I don't know the order, don't know any of the song changes, nada. I had the old setlist so memorized in my head, that when I listen to my iPod and a certain song comes on, I expect the next song on the setlist, not the one on the album! LOL

I think in the '02 Toronto gig they gig id with acoustic guitar til the end when Chris switched to piano as per the album, but it's been so long i forget,lol. I don't even know if I have that gig anymore. Damned crashing computers.:(

Either works for me. I'm a sucker for piano ballads,lol.

To be fair, the fact that the "orthodox" version of GPASUYF is back more than balances it out. (I mean come on, it's JB's only real solo and they take that part out...:\)

I have not watched a single video from any of the shows so far this tour. I didn't even want to know setlist changes, but it's kind of hard to completely avoid that - with twitter and Facebook. But I don't know the order, don't know any of the song changes, nada. I had the old setlist so memorized in my head, that when I listen to my iPod and a certain song comes on, I expect the next song on the setlist, not the one on the album! LOL

I know how you feel. I tried to avoid spoilers the first night, but there's no getting away from them if you venture into the individual gig threads. I've only watched one video...Warning Sigh...because I'd heard it live before, so it was a treat not a spoiler. It's so hard to avoid it. Like the leaks,lol.

To be fair, the fact that the "orthodox" version of GPASUYF is back more than balances it out. (I mean come on, it's JB's only real solo and they take that part out...:\)

Agreed. That was one of the few things I didn't really like about the Viva tour. Jonny does get some moments on Violet Hill and Major Minus too, but GPASUYF is a biggie.

So far there's been about 4 (minor) changes in 5 shows, so who knows what they'll have settled on by the time you see them at the Bowl.

Agreed. That was one of the few things I didn't really like about the Viva tour. Jonny does get some moments on Violet Hill and Major Minus too, but GPASUYF is a biggie.

He didn't have Major Minus back then though. :P