✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[24-Apr-2012] Coldplay @ Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a message a little while ago from my friend who is at the show tonight For Christmas, she and her husband bought their 3 kids tickets to the show tonight, and each kid could bring a friend, so they bought 8 tickets! They are in the 300 section. She messaged me that her 16 year old son and his buddy were pulled from their seats and upgraded to the 2nd row! I'm SO excited for her son! Bet we will have 2 new Coldplayers in 2 hours! :) Way to go Coldplay!!!

I got a message a little while ago from my friend who is at the show tonight For Christmas, she and her husband bought their 3 kids tickets to the show tonight, and each kid could bring a friend, so they bought 8 tickets! They are in the 300 section. She messaged me that her 16 year old son and his buddy were pulled from their seats and upgraded to the 2nd row! I'm SO excited for her son! Bet we will have 2 new Coldplayers in 2 hours! :) Way to go Coldplay!!!

Wow, your friend must have a lot of money! jk :P

That's so cool! :D

Happened to a couple others too!

Goon Leader ‏ @NateKarn

Got my tickets for coldplay got upgraded from upper level to front row #winning

Kealani ‏ @fearless24_7

Holy shit. Holy holy holy. A girl gave us front row tickets. Holy crap I'm crying. #Coldplay

Katherine Benedict ‏ @katherinejben

Music producer of Coldplay, Nicole, just asked to trade our tickets in the 300s for tickets in the front row! #FUCKYES

Happened to a couple others too!

Goon Leader ‏ @NateKarn

Got my tickets for coldplay got upgraded from upper level to front row #winning

Kealani ‏ @fearless24_7

Holy shit. Holy holy holy. A girl gave us front row tickets. Holy crap I'm crying. #Coldplay

Katherine Benedict ‏ @katherinejben

Music producer of Coldplay, Nicole, just asked to trade our tickets in the 300s for tickets in the front row! #FUCKYES

They do this a fair amount if they see a true fan in seats that could be better. :D

I'm going to the Dallas show as well, haven't bought my tickets yet cause the only option they're giving me are behind the stage, hell no.

FWIW Photos people have posted make me think the view from those seats is probably pretty good.

I'm going to the Dallas show as well, haven't bought my tickets yet cause the only option they're giving me are behind the stage, hell no.

Which night are you going?

June 22: http://www.stubhub.com/coldplay-tickets/coldplay-dallas-american-airlines-center-22-6-2012-3868053/

June 23: http://www.stubhub.com/coldplay-tickets/coldplay-dallas-american-airlines-center-23-6-2012-4006040/

Does this mean it's not sold out then?

IDK if it's sold out or not, but it's been a practice of the band for several years to "upgrade" people like this. It could easily be done from their comps, sold out or not.

I'm not sure which night I want to go, I was thinking both nights but since they put on the same show it defeats the purpose I guess...I went to Radiohead 2 nights in a row and their set was completely different, wish Coldplay did that

Yeah, if it being different is a big deal to you, I'd say only go once TBH.

When I've gone two nights in a row, they've only switched up a song, maybe two, but it's still an amazing time. It never gets dull, no matter what songs they repeat. :D

That's why I'm ok going to see them for 3 full shows this coming week! One is an arena and it will be different than the Hollywood Bowl. And the Weenie Roast has a lot of bands, kind of a festival, so that will be a different-abbreviated setlist too. I'm so excited!!!