18 Clocks

19 Fix You

20 Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall

link

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How dare they tease us by soundchecking Glass of freaking Water and not playing it?

They soundchecked GOW!!?:o Hopefully this means a return later on in the tour ,Because if I remember correctly LiJ and DLIBYH were soundchecked too during the European Tour.:D

Where does it come from that GOW, SS and Sparks are soundchecked? Sparks on the X-stage would be amazing... So many songs, The X-stage just has to do 5 songs or so, so many options.

Manda.

Aieidjeheifbs Coldplay just sound checked glass of water and strawberry swing and I am right outside the door

link

Manda.

Those bastards just sound checked sparks.

link

Coldplay rock Portland

20120424-IMG9249-M.jpg

Coldplay is an amazing band. I’ve been to a lot of concerts and I don’t think I’ve seen or been part of a crowd that was crazy from floor to nose bleeds. I’ve seen Coldplay once before at the Clark County Amphitheater a few years ago and like this show, they put on a rock show. Before they even went on stage the Rose Garden blew up with flashing lights. They weren’t your normal camera or cell phone or lighter, they were these amazing wristbands that had a huge sponsor logo on them from Twitter. They were not just wristbands but they were controlled by remote. They would flash, they would stay on and they would turn off. All at various times during the show. It was like the applause sign at a live taping of a tv show. Almost reminding people to go crazy. It wasn’t like they needed it, Coldplay puts on one of the best live shows around. It’s been over 10 years since they played the Roseland Grill for their first show in the US. Yep, Coldplay played to what seemed like the most sold out show I’ve ever seen at the Rose Garden but their first show in the US was for a few dozen people at a venue’s 2nd stage for the radio station 94.7 KNRK over 10 years earlier.

20120424-IMG9114-L.jpg

link

Photos:

http://www.fivezerothree.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=22626352&AlbumKey=bPMxMH

wow, Portland seems to be a ghost town! other than the tweets and the vids Tash has found there's nothing on the web yet - no press reviews, fan blogs, nothing :(

Well, it IS only 8:45 am now...I'm sure more will be coming this morning :) My friend was there and she said it was "Spectacular. Mind blown."

Manda.[/url]

Aieidjeheifbs Coldplay just sound checked glass of water and strawberry swing and I am right outside the door

link

Manda.

Those bastards just sound checked sparks.

link

THey soundchecked Sparks in Vancouver too, so it must be planned for the setlist soon.

And I'd seen something about Glass Of Water, but couldn't confirm last night. VERY cool!:D

I'm actually seeing them Saturday night in San Jose - my friend got 4th row tickets on Sunday and asked me if I wanted to go. How could I pass that up? Even though it is a 391 mile drive each way, LOL. Flying wasn't an option this close to the show date. I'm really excited!!! So I will get to see an arena show, and 2 outdoor shows, and a festival-type show, and then another arena show in Tampa in June - who knows what they will playing in June. LOL

WOW! You're going to see them 5 times. Lucky you! I'm going to the one next Friday at the bowl. My 1st time seeing them play live and I'll be in row#6. So so excited!:)