✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[8-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Verizon Center, Washington, DC, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brutally hot in DC today. We scoped out the venue this morning and there is an entrance from the Gallery Center which is inside and cool with several places to eat/drink. Guard said the entrance will be open for the show. We are going to go to Bar Louis in the Gallery around 4 pm for a bite and glass of wine if anyone wants to join us in the A/C. So excited!

Metro Travel Advisory for Coldplay Concert

Metro Conducting Track Work July 6-8 Weekend

Travel to Coldplay concert on July 8 at Verizon Center may be affected

Customers traveling on Metro during the July 6 to 8 weekend will encounter delays on the Orange, Blue, Red and Green lines starting on Fri., July 6 at 10:00 p.m. through closing on Sun., July 8. Travelers are being asked to add between 10 – 30 minutes to their commute time depending on which line they will be traveling on.

On the Orange line buses will replace trains between the Stadium-Armory and New Carrollton stations to allow for track maintenance, tie and fastener renewal, grout work and platform rehabilitation. Five stations will be closed: New Carrollton, Landover, Cheverly, Deanwood and Minnesota Avenue. Travelers on the Orange line are being asked to add up to 30 minutes to their commute time.

On the Blue line buses will replace trains between the Stadium-Armory and Benning Road stations to allow for track maintenance, tie and fastener renewal, grout work and platform rehabilitation. Travelers on the Blue line are being asked to add up to 30 minutes to their commute time.

On the Red line buses will replace trains between the Brookland-CUA and Silver Spring stations to allow for tie and insulator renewal, bridge repair and communication system improvements. The Takoma Station will be closed and the Fort Totten Station will be open for Green line service only. Travelers on the Red line are being asked to add up to 30 minutes to their commute time.

On the Green line trains will single track between the Fort Totten and Prince George’s Plaza stations to allow for track maintenance, tie and fastener renewal and third-rail power improvements. As a result of the work zone, all Yellow line trains will operate between the Huntington and Mount Vernon Square stations only. Customers traveling to/from stations north of Mount Vernon Square should use Green line trains to complete their trip. Travelers on the Green line are being asked to add up to 10 minutes to their commute time.

Riders planning to take the Metro to the Coldplay concert on Sunday, July 8 at 7:00 p.m. at Verizon Center should prepare to add between 10 and 30 minutes to their commute time.

To get up-to-the-minute information on Metro sign-up for their new email and text messaging system, Metro Alerts. For more information and to sign up, go to wmata.com/MetroAlerts.

link

Does anyone know what time the show is likely to start? I know that the tickets say 7:00 on them, but I don't think Coldplay will be coming on that early.

Wolf Gang 7 PM

Robyn 7.45 PM

Coldplay 9 PM

Oh, and in case anyone was interested, I found this page with what might be tonight's setlist:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/coldplay/2012/verizon-center-washington-dc-23df4c47.html

Everyone can make or change a setlist on that website but it's probably the correct setlist (except for Trouble if they fixed Will's drum machine) : )

Welcome!

Welcome, Coldplayers, to our fair city! Sorry for the endless heat wave! (I worried about that when they announced the shows so long ago.) Anyway, it's so exciting, the big days are here at last. I hope everyone has a wonderful time. I've been reading this site for years, just never got around to posting. Allow some extra time on the Metro and watch out for a thunderstorm. I have a feeling the show is going to be epic tonight!

I am ready for tonight. Showered, dressed, ready to leave toward the Verizon Center!!! I hope this storm does not cause too much trouble.

I know a lot of people have been hating on her, but I am excited to see Robyn. I think her music is great and she does have unique performance.

I will tweet some pictures, though I am sitting high up.

Ahhhhh. We'll be glowing in the daaaaaaaaaaaaaark! Tonight!!!!!!! :)

Wolf Gang 7 PM

Robyn 7.45 PM

Coldplay 9 PM

Everyone can make or change a setlist on that website but it's probably the correct setlist (except for Trouble if they fixed Will's drum machine) : )

Thanks for the times! And yes, I know that anyone can edit that website, but I find that it's usually more or less correct.