✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[30-Aug-2012] Coldplay @ Olympic Stadium, Stockholm, Sweden

Jenjie

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, alright. :\ We we were just fooling around spontaneously about maybe going to Stockholm, too... as I also always wanted to visit the city once. <3 But if it's already sold out, we can stop making crazy plans. ;)

... even if it's still some time to go, have fun in august, you all. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Jag tror tyvvär att de är helt slut. Min kompis lyckades inte heller få biljetter :(

Jag trodde också att de var slut! Men en bekant till mig skaffade biljett typ... igår! Blev förvånad över att hon lyckades få - det är mest därför jag undrade :) Men vad kul att de är sålt - kommer bli EPIC! <3

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I unfortunately didn't manage to make it to any of the UK shows in 2012 (although I saw the guys in December last year :D) but have been looking up some of the European shows and trying to figure out which ones I could maybe make it to.

Amazingly, I've just found out that my uncle is going to Stockholm around the time of the show, and says I could go with him. However, he wouldn't be able to actually go to the concert with me. My question is, do you think that I (as a 17 year old, non-Swedish-speaking girl) could cope in a concert situation on my own? Also, what are the chances that the venue staff would speak enough English for them to help me if I needed? I could obviously learn some very basic Swedish but probably not enough to do much. I would just absolutely love to go to this concert!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice :D If you want to PM me that would also be wonderful :)

^ Don't worry about not speaking Swedish, almost everyone speaks good enough English, the venue staff too.

Coping with a concert situation is hard to tell not knowing you :)

What are you worried about? I'll try try to help, long time since I was 17 tho :D

Hi all,

I unfortunately didn't manage to make it to any of the UK shows in 2012 (although I saw the guys in December last year :D) but have been looking up some of the European shows and trying to figure out which ones I could maybe make it to.

Amazingly, I've just found out that my uncle is going to Stockholm around the time of the show, and says I could go with him. However, he wouldn't be able to actually go to the concert with me. My question is, do you think that I (as a 17 year old, non-Swedish-speaking girl) could cope in a concert situation on my own? Also, what are the chances that the venue staff would speak enough English for them to help me if I needed? I could obviously learn some very basic Swedish but probably not enough to do much. I would just absolutely love to go to this concert!

Thanks in advance for any help or advice :D If you want to PM me that would also be wonderful :)

All Coldplayers are friendly :D !!!!! Even if swedish people sometimes can be a little chilly against strangers.... :( I'm sure you can find some people at the concert to talk with if you would like, I've seen lots of people going to concerts by themself. Once in London there was a girl who was standing in the queue from ~12 and she was not older than you. Other way u can say hello to me and my friend who will be there from EARLY morning :)

And yes - most swedish people are more than average at english, but here's something good to know, just something u can say to people at the concert: jag älskar chris' rumpa :wink3: hahaha

^ Thanks so much for the friendly advice guys, I love the fact that Coldplayers are so friendly! It turns out that my mum might be coming as well, so that should be OK, but I was perhaps just a bit worried that I might feel a bit out of my comfort zone - but from what you've said, I think I should be fine!

Linneah, I realise that you posted this quite a while ago, but I was wondering if you still had those 2 standing tickets? I tried to get some this morning because I realised they were selling more, but unfortunately they'd already sold out! If not then I completely understand and will probably just buy tickets from another website, but I thought it might be worth asking. Oh, and I don't understand most of that, but I'm going to make a guess from 'rumpa' that I wouldn't be talking about how brilliant the music is? :laugh3:

Thanks again for the advice :D

• 4 weeks later...

Europe we’re heading your way and I need your help in Stockholm and Copenhagen!

Posted by Rachel Edwards on 19 July 2012

P6220915-150x150.jpg vol_pic1-150x150.jpg vol_pic3-150x150.jpg

So we might be on a tour break and heading back to Canada and America soon but Europe people I need your help!

As some of you might be aware the Coldplay tour is soon to hit Europe in August and Oxfam will be going with them. As part of the tour Coldplay have invited 20 volunteers to attend their gigs in Copenhagen and Stockholm to talk to Swedish and Dutch audiences about our GROW campaign. The GROW campaign is all about fixing the food system by rethinking the way we produce, consume and distribute food to ensure that no one goes hungry!

It’s a no brainer really.

Do you want to help us fix the food system and stop those 1 in 7 people going to bed hungry every night?

Are you passionate about spreading the word and asking people to join us in using their voice to stop social injustices?

Do you want to become more involved with Oxfam and support us in creating change by raising awareness with Coldplay fans?

Then you need to apply to volunteer at a Coldplay gig in Copenhagen or Stockholm!

All we ask is that you are fluent in English, passionate about making a difference and committed to achieving Oxfam’s aims of overcoming poverty and suffering. You need to be available from 3pm on the 28th August (Copenhagen) or 30th August (Stockholm). You will volunteer from 3pm – 9pm and in return for all your hard work Coldplay are rewarding you with a free ticket to their Mylo Xyloto tour! A fair swap I would say. So if you’re ready to make a difference and have loads of fun doing it, then apply by sending an email to Rachel ([email protected]) explaining your suitability for the place, any experience of campaigning or working with an NGO and your passion to work with Oxfam. Please send your application in English. Please also note which gig you would like to apply for:

28th August Copenhagen

30th August Stockholm.

I can’t wait to hear from you all. Rachel.

Hi Coldplayers-

A quick note to let you know that Oxfam is recruiting volunteers for this show! If you are passionate about social justice and would like to help Oxfam reach out to Coldplay fans before the concert, and then see the show for free, please find more information here:

http://oxfamontour.org/coldplay/europe-were-heading-your-way-and-i-need-your-help-in-stockholm-and-copenhagen/

And if you aren't interested but know someone who is, would you let them know about this opportunity?

Thanks!

-Bob F.

• 2 weeks later...

Stockholm 30th of August 2012, anyone going?

Heyy :) My name is Rasmus, ive bought a ticket for the show in Stockholm and i was going with a friend, but the friend cancelled, so now i am looking for another Coldplayer to attend the concert with :) My ticket is a standing ticket and i am going for the frontrow ;) So if you are interested let me know as soon as possible.

I have no intentions about dating! Already got a girlfriend, so no worries girls :)

Kind regards Rasmus Gregersen

OK, so I am kind of super-mega-ridiculously excited because (although I haven't got tickets yet!) it looks like I will be going to this gig! Have applied to volunteer with Oxfam so hopefully will get that and then I will be seeing my babies!!! (yes, I call 30+ year old men 'my babies'... there's nothing wrong with me!) I am just so, so, so, so excited it's actually ridiculous. Sitting in my room listening to them (as ever) and it's really beginning to sink in! It's been less than a year since I last saw them (actually, only 9 months!) but it feels like so much longer and I still have PCCD (post-coldplay-concert-depression!) So I'm thrilled that I get to go!

Raise hands all those who are going?! Anyone else going who's not from Sweden?

OK, so I am kind of super-mega-ridiculously excited because (although I haven't got tickets yet!) it looks like I will be going to this gig! Have applied to volunteer with Oxfam so hopefully will get that and then I will be seeing my babies!!! (yes, I call 30+ year old men 'my babies'... there's nothing wrong with me!) I am just so, so, so, so excited it's actually ridiculous. Sitting in my room listening to them (as ever) and it's really beginning to sink in! It's been less than a year since I last saw them (actually, only 9 months!) but it feels like so much longer and I still have PCCD (post-coldplay-concert-depression!) So I'm thrilled that I get to go!

Raise hands all those who are going?! Anyone else going who's not from Sweden?

Oh yes, bunch of four coming from Finland :lol: