✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[20-May-2012] Coldplay @ Estadio Vicente Calderón, Madrid, Spain

Tash

madrid80.jpg

Last night in Madrid...

21 May 2012 10:52 am

Check out a great photo taken

news_line.png

Good morning. Roadie #42's photo of the Porto crowd on Friday went down very well, so we've decided to try and get one from every show on this leg of the tour. Here's an amazing shot of last night's Madrid crowd. Click the photo to see/save a full hi-res version.

20120521-Madrid-Crowd-Large640.jpg

Anchorman

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Brown

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS9GlIh0zbo[/ame]

Us Against The World

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSHWKlakvs4[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVvee5u2JyQ[/ame]

MX/Hurts Like Heaven

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNGGy34pcUg[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NIVczmyIro[/ame]

Fix You

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1I-9gRzAi0[/ame]

Guest AlbaCT42!
Woww, it's me in the first row!!!! hahaha. It's a so beautiful picture!!!

Me toooo! a lo mejor nos vimos

MX/Hurts Like Heaven

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-DtEX8sns[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7BpLFRXPGM[/ame]

MX/Hurts Like Heaven/In My Place

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=47-HlEQYj0s[/ame]

Major Minus/Lovers In Japan

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVzZfW3ndkM[/ame]

The Scientist

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo3ka4CLF3Q[/ame]

Viva La Vida

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaYiDAuanx4[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et44zoR7tM8[/ame]

Us Against The World/Speed Of Sound

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT-RTtJoK-M[/ame]

ETIAW

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHNKrf-A4zk[/ame]

Good afternoon my friends:

I have full concert recorded with Tascam DR 100 (WAV 32 bits audiencie) but i need help for post-production because i had any problems with sound level and bass.

Anybody can help me?

Sorry, I can't help, but I hope you find someone who can, I would love a copy if it is possible :D

Atlético working against the clock to repair the pitch

Yesterday evening the Vicente Calderón hosted Coldplay in concert and the groundstaff are replanting the grass and getting the stadium ready for the Cup Final.

Last night the Vicente Calderón suffered the ravages of the feet of 50,000 Coldplay fans who, despite the rain, danced and jumped to the songs of Chris Martin's group in their only Spanish gig this year. According to the critics the concert was a hit, but the victim was the pitch and the stadium which, after a torturous selection process, hosts this Friday the Cup Final between Athletic Bilbao and FC Barcelona.

This morning, in images broadcast by Cuatro (a television channel), the groundstaff could be seen working to take down the British band's spectacular stage, and lift the metal plates put down to protect the stadium's pitch, which is being replanted in those areas that suffered most damage.

Atlético have four days to get the ground, where Athletic and Barcelona will dispute the Cup, ready. It is anticipated that the Basque team will train on Thursday afternoon in the Vicente Calderón, while Barcelona will travel on Friday itself.

link

MX/Hurts Like Heaven

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZgVa8ABeUM[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzX1RMc7EtA[/ame]

Yellow

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uPLTaWmt0o[/ame]

Violet Hill

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYcaehr_1xI[/ame]

(part of) Warning Sign

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLhMwuo9WAw[/ame]

Viva La Vida

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MGV8ge0qTE[/ame]

Viva La Vida/Charlie Brown

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fYkWzFQRMM[/ame]

Guest AlbaCT42!

From El País:http://cultura.elpais.com/cultura/2012/05/21/album/1337557691_865033.html#1337557691_865033_1337557777

1337557691_865033_1337557777_album_normal.jpg

1337557691_865033_1337557890_album_normal.jpg

1337557691_865033_1337558092_album_normal.jpg

1337557691_865033_1337558196_album_normal.jpg

1337557691_865033_1337558417_album_normal.jpg

1337557691_865033_1337558594_album_normal.jpg

1337557691_865033_1337558694_album_normal.jpg

1337557691_865033_1337558893_album_normal.jpg

1337557691_865033_1337558975_album_normal.jpg

THAT WAS FANTASTIC! my second time with Coldplay, (first on Bilbao, last july) and really enjoyed this time, the begining with the piano in Yellow, Fix You, the amazin chorus of 50000 voices in Viva la Vida... amazing..

I recorded this video with my iPhone, sorry about the quality, i will upload more videos and pics soon

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81ZSztWYRiI]Back to the Future/Mylo Xyloto - Coldplay. 20 de mayo, Vicente Calderón Madrid - YouTube[/ame]

Lovers In Japan

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRaEGmMEVm4[/ame]

Yellow

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTkmeumB4P4[/ame]

Charlie Brown

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-8aZTQFi58[/ame]

Galactic catharsis in the first Coldplay concert stadium in Madrid

As in Sales, but galactic. Coldplay has been featured in the colossal Vicente Calderon and his first real concert stadium in Madrid, just six months after its previous meeting in that legendary bullring in the capital to present to the world via Internet-his latest album, Mylo Xyloto .

Even then the rain was about to ruin the night. What is then left in a soft chirimiri, has become one hour before the concert on Sunday in a driving rain that has made many fear for their cancellation.

In the end, even had time to watch the last rays of sun and remove the tents that protect the computer to fully enjoy the big stage, with four large screens in the form of portholes and a huge background of colorful graffiti, according with urban leitmotiv of his fifth album .

Something having cathartic these quotes, inviting to believe in the impossible even more cynical, especially if the hostess is a band that has sold over 50 million albums with songs like "Fix You" , whose mystical body boot ecclesiastical propelled into a whirlwind holiday, one of many of the night, and supports "incendiarte bones" and "fix" the broken.

Gone are the Sales, the Palacio de los Deportes, Vistalegre or, above all, his nights at Pacha. Fireworks, confetti, lasers, giant balloons bouncing through the crowd ... The British quartet, who began his career in the mid-90s, has made ​​the jump to his first major stadium in Madrid, repeating the strategy in November and multiplying the extramusical added to fit the new forum.

A big stage

"Is there anybody there?" Asked the singer Chris Martin, after drawing on boot with " Hurts Like Heaven "and a sea of colored lights to the more than 50,000 people present, half of whom bought their tickets a few hours after going on sale in January, shortly after also fill Sales.

Since then, this Sunday we have combined acoustic moments with more grand and great success with eleven new songs. So there have been " In my place , "A Rush of Blood To the Head (2002)," Major Minus "by Mylo Xyloto (2011), or " Lovers in Japan "from his acclaimed Viva la Vida (2008) , one of the small variations in the repertoire, with the inclusion of "Warning Sing", "Speed ​​of Sound" and the recent Pricess of China, a duet with Rihanna , who has appeared on the screens characterized as a geisha.

"We are very happy to be here tonight in this beautiful city," Martin said in Spanish, giving even the ears of those present, who have reached an emotional ecstasy " The Scientist "and" Yellow , "his first single, Launched in 2000, when its overall success has not generated much resentment.

"We love great songs play on big stages," acknowledged Efe in an interview, a judgment has been good this evening to drop what is probably its global success, Viva la Vida, with its epic chorus designed to leave hoarse Meanwhile the crowd "uoooh" Martin and dragged along the ground as a sign of exhaustion.

To expand on this state of extreme happiness, have continued to " Paradise "and" Charlie Brown ", with which they have reappeared bright colored bracelets startup. Following their ability to ration the great moments, the British have offered an acoustic set consisting of "Us Against The World and Speed ​​of Sound" that have provided the perfect counterpoint to the last burst of energy.

It has come to the very end that made ​​up for Sales and earned them a white pañolada task best: " Clocks "," Fix You "and" Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall ", from new explosions of fireworks.

"And in a month, Bruce , "he said at the exit one of the participants, referring to the upcoming Springsteen concert at the Santiago Bernabeu , welcoming these great nights of rock stadium in Madrid.

http://www.rtve.es/noticias/20120521/catarsis-galactica-primer-concierto-estadio-coldplay-madrid/529598.shtml

Violet Hill/GPASUYF

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi4oLxIT6Wo[/ame]

Princess Of China

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BzXIMnK0SM[/ame]

Up In Flames

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WJMMYJsbow[/ame]

Viva La Vida

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOe7Qn4jyKc[/ame]

Paradise

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=138sXemGx6M[/ame]

Fix You

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU4RB7_b-Uk[/ame]

And the most controversial Coldplay the last ten years came to Madrid, his only stop Spanish (and I say controversial attacks by "Mylo Xyloto" has received, if before they had enemies, now doubled, is what you grow and become bigger and bigger and reach more audience). It is surprising that it is the second time in less than a year that pass through the Spanish capital in defiance of other cities and is, apparently, Chris Martin does not it funny the amount of criticism that his latest and controversial concert in Barcelona caused. Why? Chris and his wish to put the official DVD of the tour of "Viva La Vida" (2008) at the Olympic Stadium Lluís Companys in Barcelona and everything pointed to that would be an unforgettable evening had it not been for the constant sound and technical problems boos from the audience. Weathered the storm as they could (damn good, it must be said) and Chris was left in memory, that is why, to present "Mylo Xyloto" (which to us still seems a sensational album) chose not happen to Madrid and despite the rain, staged one of the most spectacular concerts that took place in the bullring of Las Ventas . Was it therefore necessary to another concert in less than a year in the same city? Yes, "Mylo Xyloto" is a great album that grows slowly, with setbacks (why deny it), much less inspired than "Viva La Vida" or the unique "Parachutes" (2000) and "A Rush Of Blood To The Head "2002 (with which also made two stops in our city when they were not yet mass group they are now) but it remains an album of" stadium pop "(in the broadest sense), with all good and bad that entails. Currently seeing Coldplay live is to understand the reason for its success, is to witness the unstoppable rise of a group that wants to be as big as U2 (and he is doing) and still may not have reached its tipping point . Coldplay, ten years of his first album, are as exciting and refreshing, controversial and should be huge as Bono and The Edge if they still feel like (feel the constant and irritating comparisons with the Irish band's career but Coldplay and the the Dublin holds many points in common and write about one is to mention the other at all times). All nonsense, absurdity, genius and paradox of four kids who are filling stadiums wherever they go beyond have been in his concert in Madrid. A cold rainy night, typical of a spring that fails to leave us for my eighth concert of the group (yes, you read correctly, I know what I write) and could not have been better. A good fitting (the coming-of "Mylo Xyloto" ) and the Vicente Calderon stadium and filled to the flag (packed with people even in the chaos hits and everything to gain entry). Where were all these people when Coldplay almost ten years ago we were left planted on the same night canceling the concert a little over a thousand spectators during the tour of his first album ("Parachutes") to do a gig in London? And when they played on the tour of "A Rush Of Blood To The Head" and we electrified the few who were present with that "Politik" that sounded like heaven? The price of filling a stadium is great because between sixty thousand people there are very upstart who attends the concert like a fashion show they were unavoidable and there are few who enjoy his music. A spectacular entrance to the main theme of "Back to the Future" by Alan Silvestri and all treinteañeros sighing at the memory of Marty McFly, "Mylo Xyloto" and warm up with "Hurts Like Heaven" while downloading dozens of fireworks. With "In My Place" is put people in my pocket and achieved the first chorus in unison around the stadium. "Major Minus" (acute) and again a direct jaw hit "Lovers In Japan" and tons of confetti. Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy have it clear and will not skimp on any resources. If to be great we have to do what they do, let a thousand times, more screens, more runways, more lighting, more guitars, more confetti and fireworks that Kiss themselves, we use both seem a device that Rammstein fans. Do you want to rock? I have the version of "God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" transformed in his particular "Where The Streets Have No Name" and if they want to know what is really great that we can become, we hesitate pace of the concert with an unnecessary "Princess of China" with the canned voice of Rihanna then resurrect and raise sixty thousand souls in three songs direct to the stomach as "Viva La Vida", the great "Charlie Brown" and the child but resultona "Paradise" but not before excite the most sensitive to the gem that is "Up In Flames' repertoire because we have to touch the hearts of each and every one of the attendees. And finally, as if nothing had happened, they take the last ace of the sleeve with "Clocks" (and a thousand laser effects), "Fix You" (more fireworks) and the sovereign is tacky "Every Teardrop is a Waterfall "but to which one has nothing else to take your hat and discover it live is an explosion of joy. Today there is no more vital and positive experience to see Coldplay live, is an injection of optimism and with them it seems that summer has started to rain because we respected. [thanks blogofenia http://www.blogofenia.com/2012/05/concierto-coldplay-madrid-20052012.html]

It is knowledge of all the fact that Coldplay's live music so much prevail as the real show but, after seeing his concert yesterday at the Estadio Vicente Calderon, admittedly with MyloXylotoTour have gone a step further in As spectacular.

Londoners were preceded by the charismatic Rita Ora, who had to face the elements with their most danceable and brash as the rain lashed right and left. It was so much water that fell in a moment that Twitter saw the stadium reflected the discouragements of the present with the trending topic # ColdplayCancela. Fortunately for the present, with the release scenario Marina & The Diamonds, the rain let up leaving her restrained directly Welsh interprentar whose only jarring moment was the closing song, 'Primadonna', which gave way to the concert from the main group .

The quartet led by Chris Martin took the stage at 22:03 accompanied by the soundtrack of 'Back to the Future' and the eponymous introductory theme 'Mylo Xyloto'. What followed was the union epileptic visual pyrotechnics, lighting and the groundbreaking 'Hurts Like Heaven', along with over 55,000 sparkling bracelets given to each attendee at the entrance that throbbed to the beat of the songs. The stand became a constellation.

'In My Place', 'Major Minus' and 'Lovers In Japan' preceded the beautiful intimacy of 'The Scientist', 'Yellow' and 'Violet Hill' and the explosive 'God Put A Smile Upon Your Face'. Here came the first break, related to the change to B-Stage, located at the tip of the huge gateway vertebraba the track.

Once there happened 'Princess Of China', with an eastern Rihanna reflected in the five huge circular stage screens, 'Up In Flames' and 'Warning Sign'.

Around the Main Stage marked the climax of the concert with four songs-anthem 'Do not Let It Break Your Heart', 'Viva La Vida', 'Charlie Brown' and 'Paradise'. One after another burst into the ears of the present while they chanted slogans, namely Uooohs and Aaahhs.

New break and change to C-Stage, a small platform in front of the bottom tier where they performed 'Us Against The World' and a successful acoustic version of 'Speed ​​Of Sound'.

The encore came represented by two of his most acclaimed and enduring themes, 'Clocks' and 'Fix You' and Guindado with 'Every Teadrop Is a Waterfall'. Needless to say, the rush time the song was accompanied by an incredible amount of visual pyrotechnics and left a taste in my mouth more than good to all attendees.

A total of 21 topics that could differentiate their change of style in recent years, and more with 'Mylo Xyloto'. If you have been good or bad, I leave to your discretion, although it is undeniable that without this change the show, possibly, had reduced their spectacular by far.

The other side of the coin, the organization, pending the Spanish stage. Over 3000 people had their seats filled by other participants to have duplicate entries due to incoordination of the distributors.

http://aftermusiic.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/el-dia-en-que-coldplay-ilumino-madrid.html

While searching for blogs, I've seen a few mentions that there were 3000 duplicate tickets. I can't find anything that google translate makes sense of in english though :\

Yes its said that the the promoter sold 3.000 "extra tickets", the ushers noticed that and they had to find a place for those people in the aisles and some empty seats. :confused:

I suppose peolple affected will make a claim against the promoter, despite the rain and this problem it was and incredible show.

here you can find more pics , if anyoes know how to download then please help:rolleyes:

http://www.abc.es/fotos-musica/20120520/coldplay-brilla-madrid-99115.html

Hi there! Did you get xylobands? What about marchandise? Did they sell there t-shirts etc.? I'm so excited about concert in Prague (in september). It will be my first Coldplay concert, I love them. I still hope I can meet them somewhere, I would give anything to have photo with Chris.

EDIT: OOOPs, now I saw some videos and you got xylobands. Which hour does the show started? because the Prague show is starting quite early, I hope that we will get xylobands. It starts 5PM, but before Coldplay there will be Marina and the Diamonds and Frank Ocean so maybe it will be dark enough for xylobands :)