✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Jul-2012] Coldplay @ Time Warner Cable Arena, Charlotte, NC, USA

Tash

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setlist appears to be same at every stop. The boys should be playing classics like Warning Sign and Speed of Sound. As always, Clocks, Yellow, Fix You, The Scientist, and others will be played. Looking forward to one hell of a show tomorrow night

I saw a very recent setlist and was surprised to see Warning Sign is among the tunes. I'm not complaining, I just found it an interesting choice. I personally would have preferred to hear my all time favorite Coldplay live song, Moses, but I doubt they'll ever trot that one out again. Speed of Sound is also one of my Coldplay favorites, but I've never heard them do a really compelling version of it live. The music always sounds a bit thin during the live versions I've seen on video. I'm curious to see if they've changed this one up a bit to make it work better live.

How these guys and the entire production team can put on epic shows, night after night is beyond me! I just hope they have another one in them for Charlotte. BTW, I don't recall Coldplay having played in Charlotte before, but I don't stay on top of the concert scene like I did 20 and 30 years ago. Any of you ever see them in Charlotte? I think TWCA will be well suited spatially and sonically for a Coldplay concert.

BTW, I don't recall Coldplay having played in Charlotte before, but I don't stay on top of the concert scene like I did 20 and 30 years ago.

25 January 2003

9 September 2005

7 August 2009

I saw a very recent setlist and was surprised to see Warning Sign is among the tunes. I'm not complaining, I just found it an interesting choice. I personally would have preferred to hear my all time favorite Coldplay live song, Moses, but I doubt they'll ever trot that one out again. Speed of Sound is also one of my Coldplay favorites, but I've never heard them do a really compelling version of it live. The music always sounds a bit thin during the live versions I've seen on video. I'm curious to see if they've changed this one up a bit to make it work better live.

How these guys and the entire production team can put on epic shows, night after night is beyond me! I just hope they have another one in them for Charlotte. BTW, I don't recall Coldplay having played in Charlotte before, but I don't stay on top of the concert scene like I did 20 and 30 years ago. Any of you ever see them in Charlotte? I think TWCA will be well suited spatially and sonically for a Coldplay concert.

I saw them in Charlotte in 2009 at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater and it was an amazing show, but I think tonight will be even better indoors with all the xylobands!

EVERYONE GET READY FOR THE CONCERT ITS TOMORROW NIGHT LETS GET READY TO SING EVERY WORD TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!

From some of the videos I've seen posted on this tour, it certainly sounds like everyone is singing every word together... all too often to the point of drowning out Chris Martin because they're right in the microphone. I don't have a set of pipes that would do justice to anything Coldplay sings, but when Chris solicits a choral participation from the audience, I'll offer what I've got.

I saw them in Charlotte in 2009 at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater and it was an amazing show, but I think tonight will be even better indoors with all the xylobands!

Hmmm... they played at Verizon? I would have thought that was too small a venue for them, but they do mix it up a bit. I didn't pick up on the Xylobands until yesterday... what a creative idea. It's a great way to get the audience more immersed in the concert as well :cool4:

I'm thinking about taking the CATS Train from the park & ride station near Pineville in to TWCA. It would be a lot less of a hassle than trying to deal with the traffic, particularly at that time of the day. Anyone else in the Charlotte area had any experience with the CATS for concerts at TWCA?

What time?

What would be the best time to arrive at the venue? I am not that familiar with Charlotte or what the traffic will be like....is it better to get there early around 6pm or better to arrive like around 7:15 pm or so....SO excited!

What would be the best time to arrive at the venue? I am not that familiar with Charlotte or what the traffic will be like....is it better to get there early around 6pm or better to arrive like around 7:15 pm or so....SO excited!

Downtown Charlotte between 5 and 7 PM is a nightmare, in terms of traffic. We're about to head out to the I-485/South Blvd CATS park & ride station and ride the light rail to the arena from there. I'm afraid I wouldn't be in the right frame of mind if I had to deal with the Charlotte traffic inside the outer belt at this time of day.

I would suggest finding the nearest CATS station, and taking it to the arena from there. The downtown station is a 2 minute walk from TWCA.