✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

SOPA Blackout

kover

SOPA will forbid any kind of media (movies, TV programs, video game footage etc) from being shared on the internet and anyone who does so will be forced to remove it. In other words, half the content of YouTube will be removed, and God knows how many internet-based companies will completely lose their business if it passes. Sound like a good thing to anyone? :dozey:

Sites like Reddit and Wikipedia are planning a January 18th blackout of their sites in protest of the Stop Online Piracy Act. The mere fact that nobody knows what SOPA is a reason Coldplaying.com should blackout, or provide information about SOPA.

Read this if you want to educate yourself about what could be the future of the internet.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-57329001-281/how-sopa-would-affect-you-faq/

Also you should watch the video of this song about SOPA by English artist Dan Bull [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w6GtwOvnWM]SOPA Cabana (by Dan Bull) - YouTube[/ame]

You can see me right around 2 minutes

Sites like Reddit and Wikipedia are planning a January 18th blackout of their sites in protest of the Stop Online Piracy Act. The mere fact that nobody knows what SOPA is a reason Coldplaying.com should blackout, or provide information about SOPA.

Read this if you want to educate yourself about what could be the future of the internet.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31921_3-57329001-281/how-sopa-would-affect-you-faq/

Also you should watch the video of this song about SOPA by English artist Dan Bull

You can see me right around 2 minutes

I'm actually turning my site off on January 18 to show my opposition to the bill. It's amazing how many sites are joining the blackout on Wednesday. I heard Wikipedia is possibly joining on the blackout.

Also: this belongs in The Lounge.

I wanted Ian or a mod to move it, therefore forcing them to notice it :laugh3:

Haha!

I don't think CP'ing would go down considering the majority of users are a) not American and b) most of the people would only complain because they don't understand why it's important to not ignore this.

Haha!

I don't think CP'ing would go down considering the majority of users are a) not American and b) most of the people would only complain because they don't understand why it's important to not ignore this.

Maybe we can change the banner?

we might not be american BUT most of the internet sites are...wich means it will affect us indirectly, you know, Rapidshare, Megavideo, Megaupload,etc...all those pages would out of the way with this law... anyway. I read that they stop that law for now because it's more complicated than they thought... search on the news on google, i found a lot about it

Haha!

American Congress is going to make a decision that'll not only affect Americans, but the whole world. I wonder if most artists are ok with this. And who's behind it?

Derr, I never said it wasn't an important issue, I don't know where you pulled that from tbh. It's not very helpful to raise awareness of an important issue by opening a thread with no information on the issue whatsoever tho is it?