✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

North American support acts (April - August 2012)

Tash

APRIL

17 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place - Metronomy, The Pierces

18 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome - Metronomy, The Pierces

20 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena - Metronomy, The Pierces

21 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena - The Pierces

24 Portland, OR Rose Garden Arena - Metronomy, The Pierces

25 Seattle, WA KeyArena - Metronomy, The Pierces

27 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose - Metronomy, The Pierces

28 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion At San Jose - Metronomy, The Pierces

MAY

1 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl - Metronomy, The Pierces

2 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl - Metronomy, The Pierces

4 Los Angeles, CA Hollywood Bowl - Metronomy, The Pierces

JUNE

22 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center - Robyn, Wolf Gang

23 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center - Robyn, Wolf Gang

25 Houston, TX Toyota Center - Robyn, Wolf Gang

26 Houston, TX Toyota Center - Robyn, Wolf Gang

28 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum - Robyn, Wolf Gang

29 Miami, FL American Airlines Arena - Robyn, Wolf Gang

JULY

2 Atlanta, GA Philips Arena - Robyn, Wolf Gang

3 Charlotte, NC Time Warner Cable Arena - Robyn, Wolf Gang

5 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center - Robyn, Wolf Gang

6 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center - Robyn, Wolf Gang

8 Washington, DC Verizon Center - Robyn, Wolf Gang

9 Washington, DC Verizon Center - Robyn, Wolf Gang

23 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

24 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

26 Montreal, QC Bell Centre - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

27 Montreal, QC Bell Centre - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

29 Boston, MA TD Garden - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

30 Boston, MA TD Garden - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

AUGUST

1 Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

3 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

4 East Rutherford, NJ Izod Center - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

7 Chicago, IL United Center - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

8 Chicago, IL United Center - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

10 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

11 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center - Marina and the Diamonds, Emeli Sandé

Metronomy, Robyn, and Marina & the Diamonds are all bloody fantastic. Those of you with the Robyn/Wolf Gang combo get the best deal, as that's a show I would attend without Coldplay.

I don't like The Pierces but obviously that whole Guy Berryman connection was too tempting for Coldplay to pass up.

Metronomy, Robyn, and Marina & the Diamonds are all bloody fantastic. Those of you with the Robyn/Wolf Gang combo get the best deal, as that's a show I would attend without Coldplay.

I don't like The Pierces but obviously that whole Guy Berryman connection was too tempting for Coldplay to pass up.

I'm in the group with the Robyn/ Wolf Gang combo and I'm super excited!! I really would like to see Metronomy, but I'm happy with what I got. :)

Those of you with the Robyn/Wolf Gang combo get the best deal, as that's a show I would attend without Coldplay.

I am one of those that gets the best deal. :cool:

I'll have to look up Wolf Gang to see what they're all about, but I'm excited about Robyn! I loved listening to the radio in the 90s back when it was actually good, and I definitely remember hearing Do You Know (What It Takes) and Show Me Love.

Am I the only one who thinks Robyn is an odd choice? Maybe it's just because I don't really like dance music?

Robyn only strikes me as an odd choice because she's been around so damn long, while the other acts are all relative newcomers. She's kind of had a resurgence in the last few years after blowing up in the 90's then fading out for a few years, but she's pretty huge for a support act. I mean, she headlined Hollywood Bowl last year, even though Coldplay are playing there too (granted, that venue is WAY TOO SMALL for Coldplay).

Am I the only one who thinks Robyn is an odd choice? Maybe it's just because I don't really like dance music?

It is odd, but also sort of fits with the whole MX era I guess... If I wasn't moving, It would have been here and Wolfgang, but I get Metronomy and The Pierces instead in Seattle. Hopefully, it's not bad...

I am one of those that gets the best deal. :cool:

I'll have to look up Wolf Gang to see what they're all about, but I'm excited about Robyn! I loved listening to the radio in the 90s back when it was actually good, and I definitely remember hearing Do You Know (What It Takes) and Show Me Love.

Wolf gang is awesome! Saw them for the first time at T in the Park festival last summer. They have a generally adult alternative rock sound. If you only check out one song check out "Lions in Cages".

If I'm not mistaken, the Pierces also opened up for them on a few dates last year. It seems like they're the "safety" support act, called on to fill small gaps in the schedule. Can't decide if I like them or not, they have a weird flower power vibe going on. 40 years ago, they probably would've been massive, but IMHO they sound a bit stuck in time.

Robyn only strikes me as an odd choice because she's been around so damn long, while the other acts are all relative newcomers. She's kind of had a resurgence in the last few years after blowing up in the 90's then fading out for a few years, but she's pretty huge for a support act. I mean, she headlined Hollywood Bowl last year, even though Coldplay are playing there too (granted, that venue is WAY TOO SMALL for Coldplay).

The Bowl is about 16000 capacity, which is comprable to most arena venues, and they are playing it 3 nights. Anyway, it tends to draw a lot of artists who could sell out bigger venues for some reason. I am a bit confused why Coldplay seems to have some sort of aversion to the Staples Center (probably the best metro LA indoor venue for them)

Also, they toured with Fiona Apple during Twisted Logic, who in my mind is of a comprable stature to Robyn. Coldplay are big enough now where their tour is massive enough to have "name" artists as openers.

• 1 month later...

Wolf Gang

1955889-Wolf-Gang-5038.jpg

wolf Gang's All Here (L to R): Lasse Petersen, Iain Graham - manager, James Wood, Max McElligot, Gavin Slater, Angus Merray (Everybody's Music Management) (Photo: Catie Laffoon)

Brit alt rockers Wolf Gang and crew were huddled around a picnic table preparing to do a photo shoot on the Coachella ferris wheel. "I'm not looking forward to this. I hate heights," said lead vocalist Max McElligot.

Wolf Gang's manager, Angus Merray ( Everybody's Music Management), said the current priority for the band is to focus on pushing them in the USA. "We've got a track at radio right now and we're doing a Coldplay tour in June and July when we get back. They're also writing for a second record at the moment."

McElligot said he is really looking forward to playing with Coldplay and that Wolf Gang will be opening for 12 shows on their summer US tour.

"We got the news when we were recording some demos. My girlfriend came over there and I was saying goodbye to her and I came back to the studio and these guys were like, 'We got some great news. We're playing with Coldplay.' And I didn't believe them. I had to call up my manager," said guitarist Gavin Slater who explained that his bandmates are always "winding him up."

" Guy Berryman is the one that made it happen. He knows someone that works with us and he really liked the music so he really hustled to get us on that tour. It's going to be really nice meeting him and thanking him and getting some advice from these guys. They do their jobs so well and they are brilliant songwriters and it's going to be a really nice taste of what it could be like if you really work hard," McElligot explained.

Merray told us that he and Iain Graham, Wolf Gang's tour manager ( Axletree) checked out Bon Iver and Radiohead the night before. "Bon Iver was amazing. Radiohead was a little slow and I had to leave halfway through. I missed all the good Radiohead stuff. The first twenty minutes they did "The King of Limbs" and I don't like that record; I haven't listened to it properly. I did catch "Pyramid Song" which was amazing though."

link