The Hobbit

Megalomania

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky
Oh, that's too bad. :(

It's ok. I just came back from watching it. I loved it! My favorite part is when the dragon is like "I will show you revenge!!!!" or says something like it. :thumbsup: It was a bit long though. and the girl elf!!! I was like "KATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!":P

• 4 weeks later...

I've just recently seen both the first and second Hobbit movies. :awesome: Now, I can actually come in here and talk about things in an intelligible level.

I'm re-reading the book right now (I read it once waaaaay back in 7th grade), and honestly, I think I prefer the movies. They just have a more serious tone about them than the book does. (The book, for example, has so much needless singing in it by everyone. The elves in particular seem much more annoying because of it.)

ANYWAY, THE MOVIES. I like them. A lot. And Ian McKellan is a badass. And Martin Freeman is absolutely adorable as Bilbo. And Richard Armitage is sexy as hell. OH AND BENEDICT. Don't even get me started. BEST DRAGON EVAR. :dazzled:

Need help from Tolkien fan fellows.

Do you know if Smaug (and other dragons i.e. Glaurung) are Maiar or they're just animals?

I think I read somewhere that the dragons are Maiar but I'm not sure about this.

I'm not sure. I think they're just animals though. :shrug:

I've just recently seen both the first and second Hobbit movies. :awesome: Now, I can actually come in here and talk about things in an intelligible level.

I'm re-reading the book right now (I read it once waaaaay back in 7th grade), and honestly, I think I prefer the movies. They just have a more serious tone about them than the book does. (The book, for example, has so much needless singing in it by everyone. The elves in particular seem much more annoying because of it.)

ANYWAY, THE MOVIES. I like them. A lot. And Ian McKellan is a badass. And Martin Freeman is absolutely adorable as Bilbo. And Richard Armitage is sexy as hell. OH AND BENEDICT. Don't even get me started. BEST DRAGON EVAR. :dazzled:

Haha! I see what you mean. So far I think some of the changes they made are better as far as a movie is concerned. Some additions seemed a bit uneccisary to me, and I'm a bit sad at some of the stuff they left out, but that elf song is not one of the things I miss. Haha!

And yes, Bilbo's adorable and Richard :dazzled: and definitely the best dragon ever! :nod: