✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Hobbit

Megalomania

It's nearly 3 hours, but it really didn't seem very long at all. You must watch it!

it's not the 3h per se, i watched all the extended LOTRs one saturday with my bff and survived

the main criticism is that it's dragged out, that it actually seems longer than it is

but i'll have to watch it to see for myself

i don't know whether to watch it in 3D or not...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it in 3D and I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that (1) I didn't get a headache, and (2) I actually enjoyed the 3D. I am in no way a fan of 3D. I usually can't stand it. But I thought it was a really good quality 3D. I really still prefer 2D, especially because of the glasses, but it didn't give me a headache, which is really rare.

it's not the 3h per se, i watched all the extended LOTRs one saturday with my bff and survived

the main criticism is that it's dragged out, that it actually seems longer than it is

but i'll have to watch it to see for myself

i don't know whether to watch it in 3D or not...

Funny, it did not seem that way for me...and I watched it twice...The movie 'Australia' (if you've ever watched it) drags on, 'The Hobbit' does not. I loved it. I want to watch it again...and again...

I saw it in 3D and I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that (1) I didn't get a headache, and (2) I actually enjoyed the 3D. I am in no way a fan of 3D. I usually can't stand it. But I thought it was a really good quality 3D. I really still prefer 2D, especially because of the glasses, but it didn't give me a headache, which is really rare.

i've seen one movie in 3D and enjoyed it a lot, no side effects at all :D

but with 3D + 48fps i might need some time to adjust

Funny, it did not seem that way for me...and I watched it twice...The movie 'Australia' (if you've ever watched it) drags on, 'The Hobbit' does not. I loved it. I want to watch it again...and again...

ok... imma watch it next week no matter what :dance:

i've seen one movie in 3D and enjoyed it a lot, no side effects at all :D

but with 3D + 48fps i might need some time to adjust

ok... imma watch it next week no matter what :dance:

Good! And if you feel like it bragged on too long, you can come on here and yell at me...

I watched it both in 24fps and 48fps and I'd definitely recommend the second. The experience is a lot better and the 24fps version actually took me quite some time to get used to. My eyes just wouldn't adjust to the 3D effect and everything was blurry for a bit.

I watched it both in 24fps and 48fps and I'd definitely recommend the second. The experience is a lot better and the 24fps version actually took me quite some time to get used to. My eyes just wouldn't adjust to the 3D effect and everything was blurry for a bit.

I'm actually not that big a fan of 3D but all the cinemas that are showing the movie in English only show it in 3D ... and I just hate dubbed movies. :/

Yes, this is what I mean. Thanks!

Yeah, but every movie is dubbed in German here. They only show dubbed versions on TV and in the cinemas.

With the big movies you're lucky if you get a few screenings of the original version per week, but of course they'll only screen either 2D or 3D and not both. The dubbed version runs all day in 2D and 3D.

Watching the dubbed version takes away so much from the experience though.

so am I when I sit in cinemas watching movies

no it's because we have like 3 official languages, but German gets always ignored, that the subs are always in French and Dutch here

and French is always the highest line of both so it happen that I'm watchin a movie and reading the French subtitles and think :wtf: poisson?