✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Hobbit

Megalomania

Just wanted to start a thread for this, since they will of course going to be the most epic movies of 2012 and 2013. :awesome:

Martin Freeman is going to play Bilbo Baggins.

There are a series of production videos being posted every few months by Peter Jackson, the first of which is this:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

DISCUSS THE EPICNESS.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's already a Hobbit movie thread here, BUT THAT'S OKAY. This movie is too epic for just one.

I love the production videos and how they show all the different parts of making the film. It's pretty incredible how much hard work and dedication they put into the process, even if things go wrong. :')

I think Ori is my favorite dwarf so far (and yes, I know we've seen practically no actual footage of the dwarves yet, but I like him). :wacky: He's so adorable with his mittens.

here[/url], BUT THAT'S OKAY. This movie is too epic for just one.

I love the production videos and how they show all the different parts of making the film. It's pretty incredible how much hard work and dedication they put into the process, even if things go wrong. :')

I think Ori is my favorite dwarf so far (and yes, I know we've seen practically no actual footage of the dwarves yet, but I like him). :wacky: He's so adorable with his mittens.

Are you serious I actually searched this time. :|

I agree, it's also incredible how much money is going into this. Can't even fathom just the food bills! D:

I don't know their names well enough to say a favorite. :sad: I'm sure as we get closer to the release I'll know them all by heart. :awesome:

I haven't read the book yet but I'm getting it soon. I have read The Lord of the Rings trilogy though.

I assume you Sherlock enthuasiasts already know, but Benedict Cumberbatch will appear as well. As a dragon, granted, but an appearence none the less.

A damn sexy dragon, may I add.

I'm pretty much stalking Benedict's every move. :blank:

But yes! He's voicing both Smaug and the Necromancer, along with playing Smaug through motion-capture.

I absolutely cannot wait until we see Benedict in those tight motion capture suits, acting like a dragon. :dazzled:

Are you serious I actually searched this time. :|

I agree, it's also incredible how much money is going into this. Can't even fathom just the food bills! D:

I don't know their names well enough to say a favorite. :sad: I'm sure as we get closer to the release I'll know them all by heart. :awesome:

I haven't read the book yet but I'm getting it soon. I have read The Lord of the Rings trilogy though.

Hm, search function might be having issues. No worries, though! There will be more Hobbit love in this part of the forum.

I think I only noticed that one dwarf because the actor has a cute face and mentioned his mittens and cardigans in the third production video. :lol: I don't know all thirteen names and faces either, but I'm working on it!

I read the book in eighth grade, but I'll definitely re-read it before the film release date since I barely remember anything.

Benedict's acting is one of the things I'm most looking forward to as well. :awesome: The behind-the-scenes stuff will be great.

Hm, search function might be having issues. No worries, though! There will be more Hobbit love in this part of the forum.

I think I only noticed that one dwarf because the actor has a cute face and mentioned his mittens and cardigans in the third production video. :lol: I don't know all thirteen names and faces either, but I'm working on it!

I read the book in eighth grade, but I'll definitely re-read it before the film release date since I barely remember anything.

Benedict's acting is one of the things I'm most looking forward to as well. :awesome: The behind-the-scenes stuff will be great.

I think I know which one you're talking about. :blush:

That part of the video with them all floating in barrels made me die of laughter. :lol:

I agree, he's going to make it amazing. :dazzled:

MARTIN-FREEMAN-Hobbit_610.jpg

I can't wait to see Martin Freeman sword fighting and stuff. :freak:

At first when I heard that a movie of the hobbit was announced I was a little bit skeptical, but now I've seen the trailer and it looks great. I cannot wait to see it in the cinemas I bet it will be awesome!

The hobbits are the most interesting creatures in the world of middle earth, don't you think so?

• 2 weeks later...

I refusing to watch the movie when it finally comes out for what it tried to do with the Hobbit pub in Southampton. If it had recently named itself the Hobbit then fair-enough but for a pub named the hobbit for the past 20 years can't be called "cashing" in on the movie...

...Unless it was a time traveler

• 7 months later...

I finished reading the book the other day. It sure is full of wonderful adventures and yes, I'm looking forward to December, but I'm puzzled as to the rest of the planned trilogy because there is not that much material in the book. Are they going to drag its contents to a ridiculous extent or make something up for "The Desolation of Smaug" and "There And Back Again?" Either option seems rather risky to me :uhoh:

I finished reading the book the other day. It sure is full of wonderful adventures and yes, I'm looking forward to december, but I'm puzzled as to the rest of the planned trilogy because there is not that much material in the book. Are they going to drag its contents to a ridiculous extent or make something up for "The Desolation of Smaug" and "There And Back Again?" Either option seems rather risky to me :uhoh:

Peter Jackson extended it to three films because he wants to add the extra material from the original LOTR appendices and set up the backstory leading to The Fellowship of the Ring. I think.

I think the two films that were originally planned are more than enough. :\ But we'll see how it all unfolds. I'm still ridiculously excited for December.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am beyond excited to watch this movie, as you could tell by looking at my recent posts, but, having the book fresh in my mind, as well as having a rather critical view when I watch movies, certainly hope it lives up to my expectations. I'm just so curious about it, which makes it even harder to wait.