The Hobbit

Megalomania

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

For the way the book is, I think 3 parts makes more sense than 1 or 2. It seems like it would be really anti-climactic or destroy the flow of the movie or something. And I think that they also wanted to add lots of stuff from the appendices of The Lord of the Rings. But I don't know...Hey, whatever though...I don't really care what their motives are, I just want the movies to be good. And anyways...means we get to return to Middle-Earth for a bit longer.

I mainly don't understand why they decided to make lots of the orcs SGI...or why they didn't use the miniatures (known as bigatures) for these films...ah well...I'll just have to wait and see how the next 2 movies turn out.

• 2 months later...
Guest LiquidSky

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPVWy1tFXuc]The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - HD Main Trailer - Official Warner Bros. UK - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have you bought the ticket Laurel?

I got the planner from SF cinema and they just opened a new branch in Chiang Mai.

If you don't have the ticket yet I'll check if there're planners left for you.

But you'll have to go to buy the ticket at the cinema today, it's for pre-sale only.

I watched it this morning! I'm going to say my thought on it here. But of course there are tons of spoilers so...DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW STUFF ABOUT THE MOVIE!!!

This is your last warning!

First of all Peter Jackson eating a carrot in Bree! I was freaking out at this. :lol:

Okay, I wish they would have shone more of Beorn. His house is so cool and he's such an interesting character. Mirkwood was great. And the spiders...eek. They are creepy. AND THEY TALKED!!! Bilbo put the ring on, and could hear them talking! I'm so happy! Legolas really doesn't like dwarves...and when he sees a picture of Gimli...little does he know they'll be BFFs some day. And Tauriel. I LOVE TAURIEL! I'm not supposed to because she's not in the book and all...BUT I DO! She and Kili are so cute together...but they're not supposed to...NO NO NO!!! But I can't help but just love seeing them together. And when the Orc says that Kili is poisoned...Tauriel just looks so...and then...when she sees him so sick...WHY AM I NOT UPDET THAT THEY DID THIS?!?! And when Kili is telling Tauriel about how he promised his mother that he's return. :bigcry: I just can't. I mean...the Battle of Five Armies. Thanduil was amazing. I mean...you kind of hate him...but he's so...perfectly portrayed. I kind of wish we saw a bit more of him, as well... And you know who is just a jerk? Thorin. I mean I know it's this whole dragon sickness thing...but he just made me mad. He didn't even seem to care that Kili was wounded. He just cared about getting his arkenstone. And he really needs to show a bit more gratitude towards the wonderful Bilbo Baggins.

I love Kili and Fili's relationship, as well. When Fili's so concerned for Kili it's just heartbreaking. And when he stands up to Thorin and stays with Kili. Ah. They're just such amazing brothers. And Smaug is perfect! Best dragon ever on film. I mean when he's about to breathe fire and he start to glow through his scales! SO AWESOME!!! And his voice! AHHH! Bard is great. He's played so perfectly by Luke Evans. Peter Jackson, you completely strayed from the book at parts, so why does it work so well?

^ I think you're a fan :laugh3:

Oh, you noticed? :P

I read somewhere that we'll see more of Beorn in the next movie.

I wanna see the new movie now, but I should watch the first one again before I do.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll be more of him in the third. But wait, you haven't watched the first one yet?

Wait is

The Battle of Five Armies

in this film? Then what the heck is going to happen in part 3?

No, it's in the third one. I'm just dreading it.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll be more of him in the third. But wait, you haven't watched the first one yet?

Yeah I did watch the first one, but only once and that was a year ago and uh... I can't remember much of it. I do remember I liked it a lot tho :P

I love that barrel riding/ fighting scene. :laugh3:

Does anyone know what will Tauriel do in the third movie? I don't see any reason to have her in the movie.

I know!

I don't know...I think she's there to get Legolas to be a bit more open minded or something...and also to have an elf that sympathises with the dwarves. :shrug: But I'm betting she dies it the third movie.