✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Charlie Brown IS CarKids?

Romy_MX

The Lyrics make sense, -took a car down town where the lost boys meet-, I know everyone thinks CarKids is UATW because of the symbol, But actually, I think UATW should have the Swirl Symbol, Chris put lots of swirls in the had written lyrics (Through Chaos As It Swirls) UATW has nothing to do with Kids or Cars. I Think no one can find CarKids because CarKids is actually Charlie Brown - Charlie Brown should Have the CK Symbol

A while ago I also thought that CK could be CB, because the lyrics make sense. But there are 2 things that would prove that it's not.

1. In an interview from 2009, where Chris mentioned Car Kids for the first time, he said that it was about some sort of conflict between old people & young people, like how old people see young people nowadays. So, unless the song completely changed, it's not the same.

2. They've been asked why Charlie Brown is called Charlie Brown. They said that there used to be some sort of reference to the character, at the early stage of the song, but that the lyrics changed and so eventually there was no reference to Charlie Brown anymore, but they couldn't figure out another name. If this story is true, it shows that CB can't be a version of Car Kids, because the original name of CB is CB. You know what I mean ? :thinking:

But yes, for one moment I had this conspiracy theory in mind too :lol:

Also the Oracle said that Car Kids was a song planned for MX but wasn't released and that maybe we would get to hear it one day. That makes it seem pretty unlikely that it actually is Charlie Brown, or any other song from the album for that matter. Unless the Oracle is wrong, but who knows? :confused:

2. They've been asked why Charlie Brown is called Charlie Brown. They said that there used to be some sort of reference to the character, at the early stage of the song, but that the lyrics changed and so eventually there was no reference to Charlie Brown anymore, but they couldn't figure out another name. If this story is true, it shows that CB can't be a version of Car Kids, because the original name of CB is CB. You know what I mean ? :thinking:

I thought that Charlie Brown used to be called Cartoon heart. :surprised:

^ Oh yes! you're right, that would be the very first name, maybe ? But I definitely read somewhere that story about CB being named CB for a long time already. An interview where they explained the whole album, or something like that. :nod:

^Yes, I think I've seen Cartoon Heart on a list on a wall in the Southbank show, and I'd agree that it could definitely be an old name of CB. :nod: My bad.

It is probable that it used to be named Cartoon Heart, and then Charlie Brown. After all, it is a cartoon character. But that's theory.

Well, you're right too.

November 3, 2011 - submitted by Julia, United States of America

Q. Dear Oracle,

Why is the song Charlie Brown named Charlie Brown?

Thanks!

The Oracle replies:

An earlier version of the song actually had the lyric Charlie Brown in it. It was left out of the final recording but the name stuck as the band couldn't think of an alternative.

A while ago I also thought that CK could be CB, because the lyrics make sense. But there are 2 things that would prove that it's not.

1. In an interview from 2009, where Chris mentioned Car Kids for the first time, he said that it was about some sort of conflict between old people & young people, like how old people see young people nowadays. So, unless the song completely changed, it's not the same.

That is true :/

but the video for charlie brown reminds me of conflict between old people & young people... maybe these song were so alike that the didn't put both on the album?

Wasn't there two versions of Charlie Brown? And the version on the album that we can hear now was originally called Mylo Xyloto? Or have I misread the following?

"Coldplay said they were making two records, describing "Charlie Brown" as the centre-piece of the stripped down album the band intended to make along with the electric one they were already calling as Mylo Xyloto."

I understand they were making a stripped back album and a more lively album at the same time. But that makes it sound like there was a version of CB on both.

Wasn't there two versions of Charlie Brown? And the version on the album that we can hear now was originally called Mylo Xyloto? Or have I misread the following?

"Coldplay said they were making two records, describing "Charlie Brown" as the centre-piece of the stripped down album the band intended to make along with the electric one they were already calling as Mylo Xyloto."

I understand they were making a stripped back album and a more lively album at the same time. But that makes it sound like there was a version of CB on both.

It is confusing :nod:

To me it means that there was one stripped down album, of which CB was the centre-piece, and another album, called Mylo Xyloto, which was more electronic.