✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you think people should be able to own guns

TwistedPolitik

I am so bad at FSPs...xD But when I played through RE5 (which, yes, I know, isn't a first-person shooter :uhoh:), I made my boyfriend run through while I hung out and snuck around with a sniper rifle. lulz were had at his expense.

So I guess I won't be seeing you for gun training? :P

I suck too!! I don't get the double control stick thingy, and I always need to inverse everything (which apparently is really weird, or so I've been told). I'm only semi decent on the PC versions for those games. My favourite is Return To Castle Wolfenstein. Hahah it's so old, but it's definitely at my speed.

Welllll, I'd like to keep my shoulder intact, so yeah, I think I'll pass :P

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still get scared because of the kick and the sound. :disappointed: I mean, if you move the butt off your shoulder at all (with some guns) you either get a horrible bruise or a broken shoulder. :uhoh: So I shoot weenie ones. :disappointed:

Oh yeah mang recoils a bitch.

/actslikeIknowwhatI'mtalkingaboutfromyoutubevideos

Yeah. Living in a country where you are desensitised to the sight of a gun is something I never want to experience.

That's not what it's like at all. I rarely see guns, and when I do one is fixed to the waist of a policeman. And I know this because I never see real guns and my eyes are drawn to it because I never see them. Yes, we have the right to own a gun (as with many other countries) but most people elect not to do so.

Don't make assumptions like that. It's definitely NOT the case.

If somebody draws a gun in a certain way, or at an inappropriate time, it's not like we're all "LOL LOOK FUN GUN TIME." Fucking Christ. Don't be so fucking haughty.

It's a rarity in towns and cities to see guns; I'm talking about really in the boondocks and less populated, country areas. Not even that many people own guns, but the people that do tend to be concentrated in areas like where I've grown up, and then, they're used for hunting and target, not shooting people up on the fucking block, which is pretty damn well harmless to other people.

Not really. Why would a regular person need a AK-47 locked away for safe keeping? You don't. If you have a legitimate reason to own a gun like you hunt (ppl who hunt for 'fun' really piss me off) or you're in law enforcement or something then okay go for it.. But the average person doesn't need one in my opinion, unless you live in an extremely sketchy area.

If a crazy person is gonna shoot someone, they are going to find a gun and they are going to shoot someone regardless of whether or not guns are allowed or disallowed. So why allow everyday people to have guns in their homes when the crazies can just stroll in and take them? Why not make guns a little harder to get a hold of?

I dunno, that's just me.

I kinda agree with you.

In English class, in high-school, we studied a newspaper article on a mass school shooting. It was the one in 1996 in Arkansas, I think. 2 kids, 11 and 13, shot their classmates. One of them had been offered a real rifle for Christmas when he was 6. I think we can agree that's not normal.

So education is important in this matter, but doesn't matter that much in a society where guns are commonplace and quite easy to access.

I think there should be very restricted rules about guns. Serious registration, for starting. People should be allowed to have only certain types of guns, and a hunting gun should go with a proper, different permit.

I get the self-defense argument. But it also increases the risks of accidents.

So, there, you have my opinion. :|

But that is culturally normal in some areas--I mean to get a gun at a young age. But again, nobody hands a gun to a 6 year old and says 'HERE IS UR GUN NAO SHOOT IT". I doubt that kid's problems stemmed from being given a gun. Guns don't make people want to kill people.

And you already have to have permits to hunt, and it's already beginning to be hard enough to get a gun. There are tons and tons of people who aren't even allowed to purchase firearms and in a lot of places you have to undergo a background check. Which is fine by me, but it's really not like you can walk in a store and just come out with a gun.

There ARE regulations on gun ownership. They're pretty stringent.

I don't understand why we have this apparent reputation for being gun-happy rednecks. We're not. I don't really know anyone who owns a gun or wants to own a gun. There aren't many guns here that are used for anything but hunting. Hunting animals, that is (I feel like I may need to specify). We're not an overtly violent country.

I found these figures:

AMOUNT OF GUNS PER CAPITA (US IS NUMBER ONE)

6821113254_477229a8ff_z.jpg

AMOUNT OF INTENTIONAL HOMICIDES

6821113310_1e9f09c676_z.jpg

People are going to kill people, guns or nay.

Brenti Lovato your stat just showed that 88% of Americans own guns.

I mean that cannot be right.

No, it's the amount of guns per capita. Some people are ridiculous gun collectors. And I think it accounts production for any case: Wars, etc.

But that is culturally normal in some areas--I mean to get a gun at a young age. But again, nobody hands a gun to a 6 year old and says 'HERE IS UR GUN NAO SHOOT IT". I doubt that kid's problems stemmed from being given a gun. Guns don't make people want to kill people.

And you already have to have permits to hunt, and it's already beginning to be hard enough to get a gun. There are tons and tons of people who aren't even allowed to purchase firearms and in a lot of places you have to undergo a background check. Which is fine by me, but it's really not like you can walk in a store and just come out with a gun.

I don't say guns make people want to kill people. But having a gun around gives a mean to kill them. Moreover, seeing the kind of movies, and video games today, some lost kids can be lead to the conclusion that guns are a way of solving their problems (instead of talking about it).

As for regulation, I didn't know the updates, I guess. Glad to see it got more strict.

People must own secret guns, because I honestly don't know that many people who own them. :|

Even from living in England doing door-to-door work, it would surprise you.

No, it's the amount of guns per capita. Some people are ridiculous gun collectors. And I think it accounts production for any case: Wars, etc.

Yeah I just realised this a minute ago when I re-read, stop making me l00k st00pid:veryangry2: