✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you think people should be able to own guns

TwistedPolitik

For self-defense. But then again how do you know someone won't just use the gun to go shoot a school up or something? A lot of people think guns should be made illegal. I'm one of those people. It doesn't matter how many people own a gun to defend themselves with (what kind of realistic, likely situation would you need to defend yourself with a GUN in anyway?), there'll always be a few people who have malicious intentions or will have more of a trigger finger than a desire to talk things through.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Emily yo

And I don't think it's possible to outlaw guns. Especially seeing that it's engrained as a human right in most countries, although it's arguable that it's a pretty archaic right.

A couple of months ago something tragic happened in Uruguay. The situation there is getting very tense, insecurity is everywhere, I can tell you that as I was nearly stabbed outside a nightclub. Okay, so a couple of months ago some thieves entered the house of a family and they took them by hostages, they hit them and stole a lot of things from their house. The day after, the father went to buy a gun because he was tired of such insecurity. A month later while they were asleep, the father heard some noises inside the house, actually everone at the house heard the noises. So the father took his gun and went to see what was going on, and when he looked into the stairs he saw the shape of a person and shot 3 times. He killed his own daughter. This was very shocking news since something similar happened to the son of my father's friend, he was killed at his home in Santiago de Chile because someone thought he was a burglar.

Arms are very dangerous and if you don't know how to use them, you can cause a tragedy. The situation in Uruguay and most of South America is critical, every house needs to be very well protected, not only with normal fences but with electric fences too. When I arrived to the US I found it very weird that the houses are so vulnerable.

There are people who are responsible with them, and yes, it's true, a ban won't solve the problem, as people will find a way to obtain a gun.

That said, I despise guns, I have no desire to own one, and I think some definite proper regulations on owning them should be in place (and those who violate the regulations will be punished appropriately for it). And I think there are certain guns that only the military, if anyone, should be allowed to have. The idea of an average citizen owning some of the big weapons out there is ludicrous-unless you're staring in an upcoming action flick, there's no logical reason why you should own one of those. Some people are far, FAR too obsessed with guns and it really disturbs me how pervasive they are in society here in the States sometimes.

This reminds me of how much I love target shooting. The hell if I'd ever shoot a living animal (that wasn't attacking me), though. :(

I'm of the opinion that it doesn't really matter what kind of gun people can own as long as they aren't hurting anyone. Of course, weaponry like missiles and weird shit like that, yeah, you probably shouldn't have that, but as far as things like AK-47s go, who cares? Those things are awesome. :awesome:

Not really. Why would a regular person need a AK-47 locked away for safe keeping? You don't. If you have a legitimate reason to own a gun like you hunt (ppl who hunt for 'fun' really piss me off) or you're in law enforcement or something then okay go for it.. But the average person doesn't need one in my opinion, unless you live in an extremely sketchy area.

If a crazy person is gonna shoot someone, they are going to find a gun and they are going to shoot someone regardless of whether or not guns are allowed or disallowed. So why allow everyday people to have guns in their homes when the crazies can just stroll in and take them? Why not make guns a little harder to get a hold of?

I dunno, that's just me.

Guns are fun for non-hunting recreation. What the hell does it matter if someone owns an AK-47 and target shoots on their own property? What does that hurt? Nobody. Hunting for fun isn't a huge deal if one shoots only as much as they need and uses what they can from the animal, though I don't really find shooting an animal "fun". It doesn't matter if an area is sketchy, because sketchy people exist everywhere.

Okay, if you have a gun in your home to begin with, the crazy isn't going to "stroll in" and take it. People with guns are generally cautious enough to keep their house locked tight; if someone were going to break in, the homeowner would hear that and respond accordingly.

Shooting is really good for relaxation, to be honest. The calmest I have ever felt is before I pull a trigger. You're focusing in on one point, calming your body until the only real movement is in your finger when you pull back. It's a rush and a form of meditation.

Well, wouldn't matter for you maybe. But I've never lived in that kind of environment where people use gun's as a mean of entertainment. So yeah, it might make me a little uncomfortable if my neighbour whips out their rifle and starts target shooting in their backyard.

Hey...you never know, leave a door open and the crazies could slip in.

I can understand feeling uncomfortable if you haven't been around them that often, but with the proper safety precautions taken, they can be relatively safe. In most places in WV, it's pretty commonplace to be able to shoot rifles and shotguns as a child (sounds a little crazy), but before they're even allowed to touch them, their parents or grandparents will usually put them through a whole stern lecture about where to point the gun, never pointing even an unloaded gun at someone, proper shooting technique, etc. To some people, even pointing a toy gun at someone is bad. We have fun, but we make sure to be as safe as possible at the same time.

Shooting is really good for relaxation, to be honest. The calmest I have ever felt is before I pull a trigger. You're focusing in on one point, calming your body until the only real movement is in your finger when you pull back. It's a rush and a form of meditation.

I can see that... I've never tried it so I dunno. I'd probably be too scared to shoot anything.

I can see that... I've never tried it so I dunno. I'd probably be too scared to shoot anything.

I still get scared because of the kick and the sound. :disappointed: I mean, if you move the butt off your shoulder at all (with some guns) you either get a horrible bruise or a broken shoulder. :uhoh: So I shoot weenie ones. :disappointed:

I used play first person shooter games a lot and I always used the sniper whenever possible to shoot the bad guys. It was strangely satisfying.

I still get scared because of the kick and the sound. :disappointed: I mean, if you move the butt off your shoulder at all (with some guns) you either get a horrible bruise or a broken shoulder. :uhoh: So I shoot weenie ones. :disappointed:

Ahhhh, ouuch.

Hahah, I think I'll stick with my safe hobbies..

I used play first person shooter games a lot and I always used the sniper whenever possible to shoot the bad guys. It was strangely satisfying.

Ahhhh, ouuch.

Hahah, I think I'll stick with my safe hobbies..

I am so bad at FPSs...xD But when I played through RE5 (which, yes, I know, isn't a first-person shooter :uhoh:), I made my boyfriend run through while I hung out and snuck around with a sniper rifle. lulz were had at his expense.

So I guess I won't be seeing you for gun training? :P