✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Do you think people should be able to own guns

TwistedPolitik

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why making guns illegal to own would cut down on violence. There's no correlation between gun ownership and increased violence, end of story.

If guns are available for people to buy in a store without any ID or gun licenses then there would be more guns around. I'm not saying that it works in stopping it but surely it's better than no restrictions at all.

Did you get shot? :anxious:

No but from people inviting me into their homes from doing door-to-door work, they somehow felt I was a trustworthy fella and from where I am in Ireland (This part is full of guns) the invited me to see their guns. This has happened a handful of times over there.

But there are restrictions. A lot. :|

Yeah you're joking right.

No but from people inviting me into their homes from doing door-to-door work, they somehow felt I was a trustworthy fella and from where I am in Ireland (This part is full of guns) the invited me to see their guns. This has happened a handful of times over there.

Yeah you're joking right.

Ugh, you were almost as cool as 50 Cent, for like 3 seconds. :p

No, I'm not. To buy a gun in West Virginia, you have to undergo a background check, and there are a lot of things from that check that can prevent you from buying one.

Ugh, you were almost as cool as 50 Cent, for like 3 seconds. :p

No, I'm not. To buy a gun in West Virginia, you have to undergo a background check, and there are a lot of things from that check that can prevent you from buying one.

America is so vast it's hard to be racist against Americans.

In a lot of states its very easy to obtain a gun, you need to be over 18.

I'll never be as cool as fifty :(

They would go to trial probably, but it is justified to kill someone if your life is in danger especially if it's on your property and they are intruding

It's called the castle doctrine I think and it's valid in most states

They would go to trial probably, but it is justified to kill someone if your life is in danger especially if it's on your property and they are intruding

It's called the castle doctrine I think and it's valid in most states

Here in the UK, you'd most likely get sentenced with manslaughter, though I think they did make a law for protecting your property :/

:disappointed: because I'm not living my dream of being a sniper. :disappointed:
OMG I LOVE YOU

I want to compete in female NRA sniper rifle contests. But I've never shot a real gun so that dream is far far far away in the recesses of my mind. :|

I think I would have mad sniper skills though. There's a fake-shooting (I think it uses lasers) skill thing at a huge local outdoor store here that has various tiny targets on objects/stuffed animals/landscapes and I sniped like 39 of the 40 targets. Hubby looked at me like he was in the presence of some scary freak of nature.

So if someone in America shot someone who was trying to rob their house,

would that person go to jail for shooting the intruder or would it just be seen as self defence

I'm talking generally here

It depends. As long as they own the gun legally, in most cases it is self defense and they wouldn't have any kind of punishment for it. I think there is some sort of broad rule (that is very hard to prove) that if the person wasn't believably in any real danger, then they could go to jail/prison/whatever.

So in general if it is in self defense, nothing would happen to them.

But people don't break into your house just to say hello. You have to defend yourself or run like you've never run before. Or hide. I don't have a gun but if I did I certainly wouldn't be afraid to use it and I wouldn't be worrying about whether I have to prove it was self defense.

Actually I have a baseball bat handy so I'd just use that instead. Sneak from around the corner, bust his kneecaps or his back, call 911 and stand over him with the bat still in my hand until the police arrive.

Yeah, sniping is love. :blank:

This explains why you're so authoritarian, you want to snipe our heads off.

You're kind of missing our point of why her and I think using a sniper rifle would be cool. I don't want to snipe people. It's the satisfaction of being really good at something, hitting a very small target from really far away.

Kind of like the satisfaction of being a pitcher in high school and being able to hit the target no matter where it was, pitching fast balls / change-ups / drops / rises in specific spots in and outside the strike zone and being on point every time. It takes skill; mad skills that very few people have.

Yeah I bet you want to competitively smash baseballs.

-INTO SOMEONES FACE

If you really want to know, indeed I have broken TWO chicks' noses before.

Of course it's their fault for not wearing facemasks while catching my pitches and not anticipating the drop ball would drop and the rise ball would rise. WHAT A SHOCK THAT THE STYLE OF PITCH WOULD DO WHAT IT IS SUPPOSED TO DO.

edit: And now that I think about it, at a tournament I knocked another girl's teeth out (opposing team) when she leaned over the plate whilst bunting. Her fault for putting her head in the strike zone.

I sound so evil. But really I'm not.

I think they should use the same rules as other countrys

If you steal or shoot someone you should get your hands cut off and not be sent to prison so everyone will know what you have done and if you rape you get your genitals cut off..

When people see this kind of treatment they wont think of stealing killing or raping because they know the consequences that come with it. nowadays in america you kill someone and then your set free after the trial (thats how it comes off to people after oj simpson and casey anthony)

America in my opinion has one of the worst punishment structures because the jails are overcrowded and your not likely to stay in there for a full sentence

but i think guns should be outlawed. and if your seen with one then your in deep $hit

Sneak from around the corner, bust his kneecaps or his back, call 911 and stand over him with the bat still in my hand until the police arrive.

Yeah that's an insane thought because it's not really necessary to think of such things.

You're evil.

IWhen people see this kind of treatment they wont think of stealing killing or raping because they know the consequences that come with it. nowadays in america you kill someone and then your set free after the trial (thats how it comes off to people after oj simpson and casey anthony)

America in my opinion has one of the worst punishment structures because the jails are overcrowded and your not likely to stay in there for a full sentence

OJ was famous. Famous people often get special treatment. If he were your average everyday citizen he'd have likely been found guilty in two seconds flat and been put in jail for a long time.

As for Casey Anthony, hey, many people here in the U.S. are mystified by the outcome of that trial as well.

I agree, our jail system could use some serious reform. We put too many people in there for crimes that I see more worthy of fines or probation or such instead of jail time while people who committed violent crimes get let out. I feel if you murder (not in self-defense), rape, rob someone while armed with a legitimate weapon, or abuse someone, life imprisonment, no chance at parole whatsoever, and it should be like that nationwide (sometimes those laws can vary from state to state). And if those are the only sorts of people in prison and it gets overcrowded, well...*Shrugs*. Tough. Let survival of the fittest play out, then.

In English class, in high-school, we studied a newspaper article on a mass school shooting. It was the one in 1996 in Arkansas, I think. 2 kids, 11 and 13, shot their classmates. One of them had been offered a real rifle for Christmas when he was 6. I think we can agree that's not normal.

Yeah. And that wasn't a one-off thing, sadly. There's been many more since then. Just a few weeks ago there was a shooting at a high school in Ohio. Three students were killed, three were injured. And we hear these stories and think, "How could this have happened?" but then the moment we dare try and address the issue of gun access and such, nobody wants to do anything serious about it.

I know there are states with tough gun regulations, but I also know there are illegal gun sales that occur throughout the U.S. The problem is that we don't have a uniform regulation nationwide on such a thing, and we should.

We also have had a lot of uptick in people stocking up on guns and joining militias since Obama took office, too. Which is beyond frightening.

I get the self-defense argument. But it also increases the risks of accidents.

Indeed. It often seems that the people who buy guns for self-defense are the ones who wind up getting shot or killed by those very guns, and usually it's by someone they know, either accidentally or intentionally, and not a random stranger.

Yeah that's an insane thought because it's not really necessary to think of such things.

You're evil.

:heart: how you pick one part of the comment without the context of the rest.

So if someone breaks into my house omg how dare I do anything to defend myself! Self defense with a gun is apparently horrible, and according to you I guess now using a bat is evil, so I suppose instead I'll just wither and let him do whatever he wants to me. That's the smartest thing to do, because I don't want to look evil in Reilly's eyes.