✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The story behind the POC video.

Amber

First of all,I am new here.I knew coldplay quite a long time,but only these days,I really in love with them.Cuz someday I had nothing to do and decided to see one of them gig on my laptop ,and somehow I was deeply moved by them.So here I am,become one of coldplayers.

I come from China and that's why my English is so poor.:PPlease forgive me.

When I first listen to the song POC,I can't figure out what's the lyrics mean.But I believed there must be a story behind the song which Chris want to tell.Finally I saw POC video last night,and suddenly a Chinese movie occured to my head.It called "House of Flying Daggers".I saw many of you say there isn't a story behind the video,and I want to say you may wrong.This video true tell us a story.The video adapts based on that film.

The original movie is set in 859AD.Two people from two different groups.The girl are supposed to kill the man.But as the film goes on,they deeply in love with each other.That's the relationship between the two people in the film(also in the video).The ending between that movie and POC video is totally different I can tell.

House of Flying Daggers,is a Chinese movie made in 2004 by Zhang Yimou.Is quite famous in China.Here's the wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Flying_Daggers

I supposed if you watch that movie,then you'll get a better understand with the song and the video.

Here's some photos of the movie.It's look similar to the video's,isn't it?:D

eb1204270047.jpg

PPB-07.JPG.asset_cmyk.jpg

I don´t see how the video does NOT show a story. For me it tells the song´s story perfectly. You see the two lovers on opposite sides, with their clans on some scenes, seemingly fighting each other and then there are the desert forehead scenes, where they show their heart and how much they hurt. I think the video was quite effective in depicting the song´s theme.

I don´t see how the video does NOT show a story. For me it tells the song´s story perfectly. You see the two lovers on opposite sides, with their clans on some scenes, seemingly fighting each other and then there are the desert forehead scenes, where they show their heart and how much they hurt. I think the video was quite effective in depicting the song´s theme.

Agree.

Everyone has their own script in their mind.

So that's to say,you love this video?

House of Flying Daggers is a beautiful film, I watched it ages ago.

I should probably watch it again some time soon :)

The flying part made me think of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon too

Thanks for the explanation Amber :)

House of Flying Daggers is a beautiful film, I watched it ages ago.

I should probably watch it again some time soon :)

The flying part made me think of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon too

Thanks for the explanation Amber :)

Actually there is another movie called"Hero" also directed by Zhang Yimou(the same director as House of Flying Daggers ).It's kinda similiar to those two movies you mentioned.:D

Agree.

Everyone has their own script in their mind.

So that's to say,you love this video?

Yes I like the video, because it´s representative of the song. I would have liked more flying scenes though: I am a sucker for those :)

Yes I like the video, because it´s representative of the song. I would have liked more flying scenes though: I am a sucker for those :)

I wanna Chris just walking and walking and walking from the very beginning to the end.:laugh3:

I didn't even want to watch the video, but I did (mute of course) just because of this comparison with House of the Flying Daggers.

I love all Zhang Yimou's movies I've seen, he's well known and got a great respect especially here in Venice where he won two golden lions. I just saw Raise the Red Lantern not too much time ago and it's a fantastic movie.

His vision of art is aesthetically beautiful, aching, awe-inspiring, it's innocence and toughness together..this video is just bad, it's like when hollywood remake movies nowadays, they become crap, they're taken away all the meaning and art the originals have, they become standardized. Comparing the main female characters (slutty Rihanna and Zhang Ziyi) just makes me shiver :sick:

Ok, sorry for the rant, just wanted to state my opinion about it, I just think some things shouldn't be emulated if you risk to make it look cheap and laughable.

I won't bother watching it again as I don't listen to the song, not a big deal :P

I didn't even want to watch the video, but I did (mute of course) just because of this comparison with House of the Flying Daggers.

I love all Zhang Yimou's movies I've seen, he's well known and got a great respect especially here in Venice where he won two golden lions. I just saw Raise the Red Lantern not too much time ago and it's a fantastic movie.

His vision of art is aesthetically beautiful, aching, awe-inspiring, it's innocence and touhgness together..this video is just bad, it's like when hollywood remake movies nowadays, they become crap, they're taken away all the meaning and art the originals have, they become standardized. Comparing the main female characters (slutty Rihanna and Zhang Ziyi) just makes me shiver :sick:

Ok, sorry for the rant, just wanted to state my opinion about it, I just think some things shouldn't be emulated if you risk to make it look cheap and laughable.

I won't bother watching it again as I don't listen to the song, not a big deal :P

I think POC is a good song but suck video.Chris's voice sounds great in the beginning.But then Rihanna appears...:thinking:

As about Zhang Yimou,the lastest movie he directed was The Flowers Of War.I watched it but I can't tell more about my thoughts because this movie tells about a period dark time of China.But there is another movie "Under the Hawthorn Tree".I think highly of it.I cried everytime I saw the ending of that movie.It's really impressive.

I wish it were easier to find his movies here, as I said in the other post all his movies I've seen are just beautiful and really strike a chord with me, they're what I call Art with an A. Also I really love how he always gives great importance to such innocent but at the same time strong women (or just girls, like in Not one less).

But I'm OT now

Actually there is another movie called"Hero" also directed by Zhang Yimou(the same director as House of Flying Daggers ).It's kinda similiar to those two movies you mentioned.:D

Ah, yes...I forgot about that one, that's the one with Jet Li, right?

I really should dig those movies out and watch them again :)

I wish it were easier to find his movies here, as I said in the other post all his movies I've seen are just beautiful and really strike a chord with me, they're what I call Art with an A. Also I really love how he always gives great importance to such innocent but at the same time strong women (or just girls, like in Not one less).

But I'm OT now

Sorry,OT is...........