✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The story behind the POC video.

Amber

Ah, yes...I forgot about that one, that's the one with Jet Li, right?

I really should dig those movies out and watch them again :)

Yes,Jet Li is in it.

I never thought Zhang Yimou is well known overseas:shocked2: Now I know how wide his influence is.

Poor child! You've fallen for Chris, haven't you? Get in line!:laugh3:

He's gorgeous and cute and I love his sence of humor,taste of music,his voice,his body and the slit between his teeth.Oh I'm going crazy:lol:

Yes,Jet Li is in it.

I never thought Zhang Yimou is well known overseas:shocked2: Now I know how wide his influence is.

With Denise mentioning Raise of the Red Lantern, I also saw that one :D Beautiful but sad movie.

With Denise mentioning Raise of the Red Lantern, I also saw that one :D Beautiful but sad movie.

I even haven't see that one.When that movie came out,I haven't born.:D Maybe I should find it and watch it some day.

Thanks Amber. :) Two hours ago, I let my cousin watch PoC, and she said the same thing. :laugh3: I didn't watch many films. :\ By the way, if Rihanna uses long sleeve to hit the drum, it would be dramatic. :lol:

Thanks Amber. :) Two hours ago, I let my cousin watch PoC, and she said the same thing. :laugh3: I didn't watch many films. :\ By the way, if Rihanna uses long sleeve to hit the drum, it would be dramatic. :lol:

I saw you tape Chinese character before.Seems like you know much about Chinese.:P

Thank you so much Amber for taking the time to post and link the sources of inspiration behind the PoC video.

Even if people don't like the song or video, the fact that it's based on the work of Zhang Yimou will now be shared with millions of fans who will come to know of his work.

I'm sure that someone in the Coldplay camp will explain the significance too in the near future but it's nice to get prior knowledge :)

Thanks for the info Amber. Just wondered how you get still pictures from the video, would love some for my computer and telephone, thanks again

Love Paula x:)

Yeah I have a special tool can take screenshots:P I'll take you some later~

First of all,I am new here.I knew coldplay quite a long time,but only these days,I really in love with them.Cuz someday I had nothing to do and decided to see one of them gig on my laptop ,and somehow I was deeply moved by them.So here I am,become one of coldplayers.

I come from China and that's why my English is so poor.:PPlease forgive me.

When I first listen to the song POC,I can't figure out what's the lyrics mean.But I believed there must be a story behind the song which Chris want to tell.Finally I saw POC video last night,and suddenly a Chinese movie occured to my head.It called "House of Flying Daggers".I saw many of you say there isn't a story behind the video,and I want to say you may wrong.This video true tell us a story.The video adapts based on that film.

The original movie is set in 859AD.Two people from two different groups.The girl are supposed to kill the man.But as the film goes on,they deeply in love with each other.That's the relationship between the two people in the film(also in the video).The ending between that movie and POC video is totally different I can tell.

House of Flying Daggers,is a Chinese movie made in 2004 by Zhang Yimou.Is quite famous in China.Here's the wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Flying_Daggers

I supposed if you watch that movie,then you'll get a better understand with the song and the video.

Here's some photos of the movie.It's look similar to the video's,isn't it?:D

eb1204270047.jpg

PPB-07.JPG.asset_cmyk.jpg

Wow, your amazing Amber.. that's all so beautiful :) It's wonderful to hear from some one of that culture to tell us the story, thank you very much!