✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay when they're old.. o_o

TyGuy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully Coldplay will be the same to me as The Rolling Stones are to my uncle. A continuing source of joy, youth, and a passion for music. I've been to two Coldplay concerts in my life. I hope that number is a lot larger once I'm 50.

(great thread) :)

you said it! i don't think the feelings towards the band will ever change. they'll always mean something special to everyone. i hope they call it a day before their 40s with a huge record

i hope they call it a day before their 40s with a huge record

Before their 40s? That's in 5 years. Why would they do such thing? Bruce Springsteen is still thrilling his fans, playing 3 hr concerts and you want Coldplay to retire before their 40s?

Before their 40s? That's in 5 years. Why would they do such thing? Bruce Springsteen is still thrilling his fans, playing 3 hr concerts and you want Coldplay to retire before their 40s?

It is indeed silly. Roger Waters is 68 and still touring, and talking abou a new record. The guys from Rush are close to their 60s and their last record is amazing and the tour is about to begin. The Stones, well, enough said already lol.

Long live Coldplay too :D

It is indeed silly. Roger Waters is 68 and still touring, and talking abou a new record. The guys from Rush are close to their 60s and their last record is amazing and the tour is about to begin. The Stones, well, enough said already lol.

Long live Coldplay too :D

i have my own reasons and think that would be best for the band. do you really wanna see coldplay continue making music in their 60s and 70s?!! god that would be awful.

heres a brilliant piece on why just some musicians should have quit already. most of them with legendary status and some my favourite but their glory days seriously numbered. you dont want that with coldplay do you

http://www.toponlinecolleges.com/blog/2012/10-aging-musicians-who-really-need-to-quit/

It is up to them, the way their music evolve and if they feel comfortable doing it. I don't know if you have seen Rush live. I did in 2010 and they seriously rock, despite "being old".

I read the article, and I can't talk about many of the musicians in that list, but the last sentence about Sting ("There's no more sure sign that a performer needs to call it quits then when he decides to get the old band back together.") is not something you can say about every musician out there. For example, Soundgarden reunited after more than a decade, and according to the last reviews, they are on top form; Chris Cornell, their singer, is playing to standing ovations in his solo tour. He will be 48 next Friday (July 20th).

do you really wanna see coldplay continue making music in their 60s and 70s?!!

QUOTE]

YES, yes I do!!

My parents favorite band is The Eagles and they still attend Eagles concerts when they tour. I'm not sure how much new music they come out with, but their shows still sell out, and people enjoy themselves.

Music is so personal and emotional to each listener. It reminds them of specific periods of times in their lives. For instance, I used to be a huge Depeche Mode fan, and while I still enjoy their music, I do not listen to them everyday anymore. But, whenever they tour, I see them live and they still put on a hell of a show. They've been a band for 30+ years, they sound great live, and while I may not love every new song they put out, I still like them.

With that being said........I do NOT want Coldplay to quit based upon age, or what other people's opinion of them is. It is their band, their decision and I will always support them :smug:

i have my own reasons and think that would be best for the band. do you really wanna see coldplay continue making music in their 60s and 70s?!! god that would be awful.

heres a brilliant piece on why just some musicians should have quit already. most of them with legendary status and some my favourite but their glory days seriously numbered. you dont want that with coldplay do you

http://www.toponlinecolleges.com/blog/2012/10-aging-musicians-who-really-need-to-quit/

I inadvertently thanked you while I meant to click on quote :lol:

Yes, I want Coldplay to continue making music as long as they're having fun, age shouldn't be an issue.

For example, Soundgarden reunited after more than a decade, and according to the last reviews, they are on top form; Chris Cornell, their singer, is playing to standing ovations in his solo tour. He will be 48 next Friday (July 20th).

i agree with you there. although chris cornell is an exception. but even he wont continue past 55 i think. maybe. i dunno

do you really wanna see coldplay continue making music in their 60s and 70s?!!

QUOTE]

YES, yes I do!!

My parents favorite band is The Eagles and they still attend Eagles concerts when they tour. I'm not sure how much new music they come out with, but their shows still sell out, and people enjoy themselves.

Music is so personal and emotional to each listener. It reminds them of specific periods of times in their lives. For instance, I used to be a huge Depeche Mode fan, and while I still enjoy their music, I do not listen to them everyday anymore. But, whenever they tour, I see them live and they still put on a hell of a show. They've been a band for 30+ years, they sound great live, and while I may not love every new song they put out, I still like them.

With that being said........I do NOT want Coldplay to quit based upon age, or what other people's opinion of them is. It is their band, their decision and I will always support them :smug:

lol great post :D you're right on it being the band's decision. of course i will support them too even if jonny was smashing his guitar on the set in his 60s :lol:

I inadvertently thanked you while I meant to click on quote :lol:

Yes, I want Coldplay to continue making music as long as they're having fun, age shouldn't be an issue.

hah guess i owe you a thanks then :lol: you're right also. im just uncertain about whether they can really continue improving after LP6 or 7

Is their masterpiece album still to come?

it already has. called A Rush of Blood to the Head if im not mistaken!

I don't think Coldplay has one masterpiece. Right now, i think they have 2 of them (AROBTTH & VLVorDAAHF) and if their next albums don't live up to them, then Coldplay will be a band with 2 masterpieces (imo).

They're unique :wacky:

Although it looked like the band had a great time promoting and touring during VLV, I consider X&Y a better album. I'll take Fix You before any track on VLV anyday.

Also, every LP doesn't have to be a masterpiece. That said, AROBTTH is just mind boggling, especially if you consider how young they were.

Whatever happens in the future, I know I'm keeping all the good memories from when I was really into the band and everything I learnt at that period of my life. Although a lot of it has worn off a bit, Coldplay remain one of my favourite bands to date, not only because of the role they played at some point in my life, but also because I think they're a grand band. Even if I don't like a lot of their more recent musical and managerial moves (I don't loathe Mylo Xyloto, it's just not my favourite album), they are still one of my favourite bands and I believe I'll keep an eye and look forward to what they'll come up with in the future.

I think they should stop on the next 5 or 7 years, bands that keep going for too much time tend to make music that isn't as good as it's earlier work. U2's work on the past decade is OK, it can't be compared to it's 80s or 90s albums. I might be wrong and they may make an awesome album when they are over 40, but that's what I think right now.

I think they should stop on the next 5 or 7 years, bands that keep going for too much time tend to make music that isn't as good as it's earlier work. U2's work on the past decade is OK, it can't be compared to it's 80s or 90s albums. I might be wrong and they may make an awesome album when they are over 40, but that's what I think right now.

I guess... I personally LOVE No Line on the Horizon, so in my opinion, I feel that Coldplay will be able to keep going for as long as U2 has and still consistently come out with albums I adore.