✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay when they're old.. o_o

TyGuy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay when they're old.. o_o

Pfahah :lol: That smiley made me laugh! Like it's some kind of disease becoming old lol

Yes, they get old eventually, so what? They will mean the same to me as they do now, I'll probably still listen to their music (as long as they won't choose patch of electronical music :dead:) and love their music and love the band members for being who they are.

^I totally agree:)

And btw: They DO NOT look like grandpas! If anything, I'd say they're in their prime, but who knows? They may even get better looking... (though I don't think that's humanly possible at least for Chris):smug:

I hope that they experiment with some different sounds... I was watching an interview where Chris was saying that they were squirreling songs away for when they get old and I found myself shouting at him through my computer: "DONT DO THAT!!! WE ALL WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOUR MUSIC WILL BE LIKE WHEN YOU'RE OLDER!" I am really curious and I hope their music changes as they do.

Coldplay will always mean the world to me!

Think about bands like the Rolling Stones, who just celebrated 50 YEARS as a band. I am not a fan of them, and I personally don't think they sound great, but their true, loyal fans are still NUTS about them. That is exactly how Coldplay will be to me.

Luckily, I am the same age as Chris..........so we can grow old together :wink:

The irony of this.... There was a brief discussion of this on someone's tumblr page.

But at least what I think is that they would (hopefully) still mean the world to me or at the very least, what was the world when I was a teenager. THIS THOUGHT IS GETTING ME VERY SAD NOW.

Hopefully Coldplay will be the same to me as The Rolling Stones are to my uncle. A continuing source of joy, youth, and a passion for music. I've been to two Coldplay concerts in my life. I hope that number is a lot larger once I'm 50.

(great thread) :)

When I'm in my 40s and 50s, I'll still love Coldplay. As a matter of fact, I'll be telling my children my concert story when I first saw them live on the Mylo Xyloto Tour back in June 26, 2012, like how my dad tells me his concert stories.

I am in my fifties now, and I saw them live in the Viva Tour.

I knew them through Yellow when a guy dedicated it to me (insert melting smile).

X&Y will always mean Paris, because I had it in my mp3 player when I spent 2 weeks there, and listened to it all the time :D

So, for me Coldplay will always be very special, no matter the age (theirs or mine).

They'll mean just as much to me when I'm old.

I will always remember the fist time I saw them in 2002 at Glastonbury, and it was life changing. I and a woman (stranger) near me cought eyes at one point. Her one-second glance and smile seemed to express that we were both in a really special place, and acknowledged the magic and emotion in the air that night.