✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay when they're old.. o_o

TyGuy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should stop on the next 5 or 7 years, bands that keep going for too much time tend to make music that isn't as good as it's earlier work. U2's work on the past decade is OK, it can't be compared to it's 80s or 90s albums. I might be wrong and they may make an awesome album when they are over 40, but that's what I think right now.

I don't think it's to do with the quality of the music at all. U2 are a great example because as you said, their more recent music hasn't topped their earlier music, however on the 360 tour they were still enjoying themselves while also putting on amazing shows for their fans. Even if 20 years from now Coldplay's music isn't as good, as long as they are still having fun and doing great concerts then they should keep going as long as they want :)

Although it looked like the band had a great time promoting and touring during VLV, I consider X&Y a better album. I'll take Fix You before any track on VLV anyday.

Also, every LP doesn't have to be a masterpiece. That said, AROBTTH is just mind boggling, especially if you consider how young they were.

You would take Fix You over anything, because your obssessed with C&G:rolleyes: Each album has been unique to me and a masterpiece:) that's just my opinion:D

I feel Mylo is about letting loose and having fun while you can. Enjoy life for what it is, take nothing for granted. Live life to the fullest.
You couldn't be more right :nod:

Which is also why I think we can't predict their future. The only thing we know is that someday they'll release LP6 (if not, let's all blame Jonnyboy for misleading us :whip: ). They're clearly enjoying themselves right now, so I don't see them calling it quit anytime soon, but we never know. Let's hope they'll have enough creative juice flowing for, like, ever, and enjoy the current era of craziness :awesome:

You couldn't be more right :nod:

Which is also why I think we can't predict their future. The only thing we know is that someday they'll release LP6 (if not, let's all blame Jonnyboy for misleading us :whip: ). They're clearly enjoying themselves right now, so I don't see them calling it quit anytime soon, but we never know. Let's hope they'll have enough creative juice flowing for, like, ever, and enjoy the current era of craziness :awesome:

Yup. :nod:

I don't think it's to do with the quality of the music at all. U2 are a great example because as you said, their more recent music hasn't topped their earlier music, however on the 360 tour they were still enjoying themselves while also putting on amazing shows for their fans. Even if 20 years from now Coldplay's music isn't as good, as long as they are still having fun and doing great concerts then they should keep going as long as they want :)

Also agreed. Really well said! I went to see them on the 360 tour and it was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! They really were clearly having a good time (Bono was having a blast on his spinning microphone/swing thing) and it added to the magic of the atmosphere of the place. I hope the same will be true for the MX concert I'm attending in a little less than 2 weeks :D

Nobody agrees with me, that's OK, I'm used to it :P BTW, yeah U2 still puts an hell of a show

nah i completely agree with you specially about U2. even pink floyd, who for me are the best band in the history of music quit in their late forties very early fifties. now coldplay may want to carry on in their 50s and 60s but since i don't consider them half as good as pink floyd it wouldn't be very wise.

dont get me wrong im not against the band having fun as you all say. if they wanna keep touring and do live shows forever and ever thats fine i'd love that. im just against putting out albums when they've ran out of good music basically. after all its not just about having fun you need to think about their legacy

No matter what... Coldplay will always be my favorite band in the world and some of my most unforgettable memories have been seeing them live. Memories that will stay with me forever and I will always be grateful for. Of course I don't want them to stop making music anytime soon(nor do I think they will in the near future) but as a few others have said, I will always support them.

nah i completely agree with you specially about U2. even pink floyd, who for me are the best band in the history of music quit in their late forties very early fifties. now coldplay may want to carry on in their 50s and 60s but since i don't consider them half as good as pink floyd it wouldn't be very wise.

dont get me wrong im not against the band having fun as you all say. if they wanna keep touring and do live shows forever and ever thats fine i'd love that. im just against putting out albums when they've ran out of good music basically. after all its not just about having fun you need to think about their legacy

Well I think when they'll run out of good music to release, they'll stop at that moment: if they ever "have" to stop, I trust them to know when. :nod:

even pink floyd, who for me are the best band in the history of music quit in their late forties very early fifties. now coldplay may want to carry on in their 50s and 60s but since i don't consider them half as good as pink floyd it wouldn't be very wise.

I am a huge PF fan. Roger is my god :D

Pink Floyd didn't quit because of age. They split (or, more accurately, Roger left). Their differences and fights are well known. The rest went on, and Gilmour even put out a record not so long ago, but he is a bit lazy for touring (hence the belly LOL). Sadly Rick passed away, and Mason is devoted to his cars. Roger goes on touring, and hopefully he is going to release a new album, hope sooner than later!

Well I think when they'll run out of good music to release, they'll stop at that moment: if they ever "have" to stop, I trust them to know when. :nod:

yeah they will :nod:

I am a huge PF fan. Roger is my god :D

Pink Floyd didn't quit because of age. They split (or, more accurately, Roger left). Their differences and fights are well known. The rest went on, and Gilmour even put out a record not so long ago, but he is a bit lazy for touring (hence the belly LOL). Sadly Rick passed away, and Mason is devoted to his cars. Roger goes on touring, and hopefully he is going to release a new album, hope sooner than later!

yaaaayy another PF fan :D rogers not my favorite though especially because he left the band. i think he had serious attitude problems (not anymore obviously)

but anyway you're 100% right about david (on an island was epic) and theres been talks of waters new album for a while now i cant wait for it. i KNOW it'll be amazing