✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is this for real?!

Ouch

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should check oracle just for precaution, though if it's a Coldplay song I guess she would never tell us...

It only sounds like Chris on the beginning. The singing style is not Chris' also.

I bet it's fake. But like someone said, this guy deserves a prize for his Chris alike voice.

However it's a cool tone. It would be cool to have such a frenetic track among a record.

Also, no point in asking the oracle now since it's friday. We'll have to wait til' monday for her to not answer our question. :\

Yup, I can't understand the lyrics either. Could someone please decipher them? Actually, if we discovered what "Chris" is singing, that'd help us determine if it's real or not. If the lyrics actually fit the concept or even have something to do with the story behind the comics, the song is most likely real.

Very interesting song though. I think if they worked more on the instrumentation and voice it could become a very nice track.

P.S.: Now that this has been found, keep an eye on it. If it gets blocked, it's for real.

I don't know...it really sounds like Chris. Sound of the song is weird for a Coldplay song but then again, anything can happen *cough*ETIAW*cough*.

Part of me wants it to be real 'cause, c'mon on! NEW SONG! Another part doesn't want it to be real because of how techno the sound is.

But then there's PoC...

If you see the light I will come alive, I will come alive

Opening it up as the foot prints start to wind

Coz I can only say I can only see what they think is real

Opening it up as she gazed the Eastern rise

Flash

Flash

If I'd had known how I would lose her, feel alive

Flash

Flash

If I get hurt ...? from the shine

ooh ooh ooh

Landing on my head trying to get to feet so that I can see

All I really love all that could be love is real

Underneath it all underneath the talk underneath the shine

Opening it up as she gazed the Eastern rise

Flash

Flash

If I'd had known how I would lose her, feel alive

Flash

Flash

If I get lost then I will lose her from the shine

Ooh ooh ooh

Ooh ooh ooh

That's what I got guys I don't think it's 100% correct but I tried my best :)

Guys, I think this is real. First of all, the singer really sounds like Chris. Second, although it doesn't sound like Coldplay style, if it really is a demo from the studio sessions, it's not from old ones, since the style it gets the closest to is the one of the MX era. Thirdly, the lyrics SevenSixFiveFourThree kindly posted do look like something that could fit the MX storyline. For example, "She gazed the Eastern line" could be Fly gazing at the rising sun (assuming in their planet the sun also rises in the East) and dreaming about this Shine thing which we don't know about yet. It kind of reminds me of Paradise: "When she was just a girl, she expected the world, but it flew away from her reach, so she ran away in her sleep". The person who might lose her is probably Mylo, by the way.

Of course, I might be going too far here. I'm already trying to interpret something that we don't even really know if is real... :D

I agree with your point that it fits the theme of Mylo Xyloto Heinrich42 because it does seem like another chapter in the whole MX story. But we have also got to remember like rafaelchampion said where the heck did this guy get the song from? On the other hand we could also say that it is strage how he is the only person we have seen upload this song and the fact that we have never heard of it in the past meaning it could be part of something new. There is also the matter of the song sounding like it is Chris singing and the lyrics sounding like they fit with this era but hey I guess we are just gonna have to do some more investigating. One more thing, if anyone would like to have a go at reading my lyrics from my previous post whilst listening to 'The Shine' the let me know if you think that the lyrics are any different I'd be grateful thanks. I gotta get some sleep now, I'll see you guys soon :)

Damn this song is catchy.

The more I listen to it, the more it's sounding like Chris. Someone mentioned something about Chris' voice being too high but I don't think so. He's voice is pretty high in Up in Flames.

Someone needs to solve this or I will go crazy!

It's just a damn shame that it is with such a bad quality! The song is seriously distorted. Perhaps to make it sound more 'real' or to cover up that this is not Chris singing or because someone secretly recorded it by phone while Coldplay was rehersing? Who knows ...

If that's Coldplay, I'm Bono. Doesn't sound like Chris for one second, and those backing vocals.. The song is distort because it's made by amateurs without proper recording equipment.

I think you guys are way too eager for new songs if you believe this is real.

1. To me he doesn't sound like Chris at all.

2. There is no way it was recorded with a phone or something - the quality is too good for that.

3. The song is catchy and nice. This guy has got to release it on something like Bandcamp at least))

...on the OTHER HAND....

this guy only has three videos on youtube, one of them not public, the other one - another obscure demo from 2004. Definitely not your regular click-bait material.

could be the real deal)))

Mylo Xyloto sessions, huh.... we gotta send him a message and him if he has something else from the era)))

If I remember correctly, those were really obvious fakes. This one, though not sounding like Coldplay, sounds well done to me.

As for the Oracle...I think we should ask! I've asked about Famous Old Painters, A View From Above on YouTube. So far - none of the questions I had have been answered - which kinda proves they are real. I think if this one is fake, the Oracle will definitely say something. If she (he?) doesn't - well, there you go. the only thing is, a lot of coldplayers should ask, cause I have a feeling some emails just turn up in the spambox, never to be read...

I tried to get the lyrics down without looking at what the guy before me came up with, there's a lot of overlap so I guess we got that right. Italic is what I hear different:

If you see a light, I will come alive. I will come alive.

Opening it up, as the footprints start to wind

‘cause I can only say, I can only see what we think is real.

Opening it up, as she gazed the Eastern life.

Flash! Flash! Sing my anchors down of the faces, feel alive.

Flash! Flash! Sing my anchors down of the ways all from the shine.

Ladadadiday, try(ing) to get some peace so that I can sing

All I really love, all I feel is love is real.

Underneath it all, underneath the tool, underneath the shine.

Opening it up as she gazed the Eastern life.

Flash! Flash! Sing my angers down of the faces, feel alive.

Flash! Flash! Sing my anchors down of the ways all from the shine.

The 'tool' and 'anchors' thing must be wrong, but I can't figure out what it should be. And I really think that he just sings 'ladadadiday', hahaha!

The lyrics sound like they could be chapter of the Mylo Xyloto story :) The flashing and light must refer to the rebels and their work then. Also the mention of what is real, since the hypnofeed is not real and the rebel are all against that stuff. But what use it speculating about this if we don't even know if it's real, hahahaha!