✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is this for real?!

Ouch

Uhm, undoubtly fake. But I think Coldplay will use a sound similar to this one in the future.

Not rock, not dance, not funky: just Coldplay.

P.s. we can clearly listen the voice in this song can't do a clean falsetto like Chris.

Edit: don't know why it reminds me of Idioteque.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like actual Coldplay to me, and I like it. They can go in all directions, they are that talented. Who knew we'd get Goldrush, or A Spell a Rebel Yell?

It reminds me a lot of Spell a Rebel Yell with the voice distortion and weird music. Lol.

We all know Viva La Vida experienced months and months of evolution before the band arrived at the strings/church bell arrangement. Somewhere out there, there are several demos with electric guitars and regular drums leading the song. If we heard any one of those, it would probably sound strange to everybody. My guess is this track is some strange demo from the earlier stages of MX. The vocals are probably just a rough sketch as they tried develop the track. What would be cool is if someone took this sketch and made a professional recording. Great cover opportunity out there...

Someone should ask it to the Oracle, I guess, though she won't probably answer.

I asked and I think one or two other people did too. The way I'll be looking at it is if she responds it's fake, if she doesn't there's a slight chance it could be real.

^

July 30, 2012 - submitted by Michael, New Zealand

Q. So... someone posted a link of this over at the Coldplaying forums. Is it one of Coldplay's? Because of the filters on the vocals, it's made it hard to tell for me whether or not it's Chris! Half of me says it could be him, half says not :P

The Oracle replies:

I can see why people could think it's Chris but it doesn't sound like Jonny's inimitable guitar sound. I don't know the song or who it is and although he has certain similarities, if you listen closely there are parts you can hear that it isn't Chris.

I don't recall ever seeing that song title knocking around either.

CASE CLOSED

Who wants donuts?

Hold your horses man. They answered with an "I don't know the answer." They gave an opinionated thought and only implied it to be fake but they didn't deny it's existence in relation to Coldplay. I would have accepted that the band denies they made it but with no REAL evidence to go against the song, this is going to be a cold case for a long while.