✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is this for real?!

Ouch

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vERMPYREzb0&feature=plcp]Coldplay - The Shine - Rare Track 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Apparently it's called The Shine. Is this an actual track that's been unreleased?? Or a cover??

It's so wonderful really and so.... like a bouncy beat.... :) It sounds like Chris's voice and yet it doesn't sound AT ALL like Coldplay.

Comments???

(I'm shitting my pants if this is a new song.... seriously. It says it's been around since last year with the band.)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ot sounds like Chris but doesn't really sound like Coldplay, especially the background vocals where they say "Flash" or whatever. That part doesn't sound like Guy, Jonny, or Will to me. I like it though. Maybe some Chris solo work? Or maybe just a sound a like? I hope we find out more!

I'll bet its real. Probably an experimental track from early on in the recording process. When they were still trying to find common ground for the new album.

:nod:

I like the chorus.

edit: Thinking about it, lemme listen to it again :thinking: Found Chris' voice weird.

edit: ok now I really have doubts. I don't really know what to think. If it's real, I go for the theory above.

Hmm...not sure if it's CP or not, but

I like it, especially that funky chorus.

But I feel like this is the unmastered version. Also, that "flash" part gets annoying.

(watch the MX comic have a character or place called "flash or "The Shine")

I posted a comment on youtube asking the guy where he got it from. I'll bet if he doesn't answer that means it's fake. However, if it's fake that guy wins a contest for sounding the most like Chris Martin.

He hasn't been online since March 29th, so who knows :/

We should check oracle just for precaution, though if it's a Coldplay song I guess she would never tell us...

It only sounds like Chris on the beginning. The singing style is not Chris' also.

I bet it's fake. But like someone said, this guy deserves a prize for his Chris alike voice.

However it's a cool tone. It would be cool to have such a frenetic track among a record.

We should check oracle just for precaution, though if it's a Coldplay song I guess she would never tell us...

It only sounds like Chris on the beginning. The singing style is not Chris' also.

I bet it's fake. But like someone said, this guy deserves a prize for his Chris alike voice.

However it's a cool tone. It would be cool to have such a frenetic track among a record.

The Oracle frusterates me anymore. She answers the easiest questions that are usually asked by people who know nothing about the band. (Ex: I heard this song called Til' Kingdom Come in "The Amazing Spiderman". Did they record it especially for the movie?). I hardly learn anything new about the band from her answers and I think that defies the purpose of the whole thing.

^I know right. Oracle's just like the Dungeon Master. 95% of the time she says nothing useful, but sometimes she answer some interesting questions. She answered about Car Kids 2 times.

Edit: This thing will not let me rest. I would like to investigate but we have just a few details... From where I can see it's a well structured song, I mean, most people who would make a song and say it's Coldplay's would make something cliche, but this one is not... that's the most intriguing...

I don't see why would someone just make it and post it saying it's Coldplay's. Or maybe this guy just discovered some cool effect in some sound editor that made his voice Chris' alike... and how the heck did he get it if it's real? Can someone get some lyrics? I just understand the damn "Flash" and some other disconnected words...

What do you think it means that he started his youtube account the same day he posted the video?

This and the fact that the uploader hasn't been on since the month of the upload actually makes it seem more real to me. It's like they made the channel for this upload (they only have 2 uploads) and then ditched it. I don't know though. I'm very interested to find the truth!:D

This and the fact that the uploader hasn't been on since the month of the upload actually makes it seem more real to me. It's like they made the channel for this upload (they only have 2 uploads) and then ditched it. I don't know though. I'm very interested to find the truth!:D

Most trolls will keep making comments about how they work at EMI or they're a roadie, blah blah blah... but this guy literally was just like here it is if you want it...