✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Advice for college freshman?

Blakexy1125

I start college in the middle of September.

It's an evening college actually. 6:20 p.m. - 9:55 p.m. Mon to Fri.

Studying English major. (Full name: NCHU Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures)

I'm looking for a part-time job in these days. Many interviews.. but they didn't hire me in the end. They should hire me because I'll be a good worker! :angry:

Work at day and study in the evening.

I need some advice as well. :lol:

Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll!

Study!

I can say I agree with all of these, but I do think studying is more helpful. :P

Oh, and get to class on time!

I may not have been to college, but I know a friend in Cali that does, so this is how I know. :P

- If you're about to get the ride make sure have protection.

- Join societies and clubs, there could be free food or alcohol involved.

- Start a study group, I suggest a Spanish one with about 7 different individuals.

- Wine can be a cheap and fast way to get drunk

- Remember peoples' names because it can get awkward when it comes to June and you have to ask what their name is.

- Recommended reading is not compulsory reading.

- If you're living away from home, left overs from dinner make the perfect sandwich filling for lunch the next day.

- Devices with internet on them are terrible, and will prevent you from making friends in class.

And yeah.

Don't be afraid to talk to people, most people don't know each other and they'll be just as nervous as you.

Go out when people invite you. The people you spend the first few weeks with might not become your best friends but you're more likely to meet like-minded people that way.

Join societies, go to freshers events.

Actually attend lectures, you'll probably regret it later on if you don't.

Most lectures give you too much reading to do. Don't freak out, they'll know that very few people will have read everything.

Talk to your lectures if you're having problems with your assignments. Also talk to them if you're struggling because of personal problems, work commitments etc. They might give you an extension.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a great time!

- Start a study group, I suggest a Spanish one with about 7 different individuals.

And yeah.

:awesome::wideeyed:

is this referencing what I think it's referencing
:nod::awesome:

probably, haha.
:awesome::awesome::awesome::dazzled:

I love Community :dazzled:

If your community college isn't run by this man:

001c8xcp

or that man:

have-you-met-chang.gif

I think you'll be fine :nice:

ps: if there is one nearby, stay away from the air-conditioning repair school. They're weird.

As someone who spent my first year at a community college, don't worry about anything. Community college is nothing like 'real' college, per say.

It will fly by.

:nod:

Had a very long post but I erased it because it's been a week and you've probably already discovered this on your own. A few people seemed to have mixed community college with university, there's no sex and drinking and FRAT PARTIES YEAH. A lot of people in my community college seem anti-social. But they've got a job or high school or kids on the side and they just want to get a good grade in the class. I have lots of memories from the classes but never from the people there. But maybe that doesn't mean anything because I have an age gap with most people there.

I don't know. It's nothing special, it's pretty mediocre. The good part is that if you get your work done, you can go to a really good uni. Universities look at community college transfers before high school students (at least here in California they do). There's not as much panicking as high school students have, to have a 5.0 GPA in high school and join all of these stupid clubs and do hours of community service and possibly not get picked because they need more people of another race. You basically just have to keep up your grades and make sure you have a plan so you don't waste time taking classes you don't need.

I've also went to a community college too. I liked that classes are small and easy to communicate with the professors compared to huge classes in most universities.. Sense the campus and classes are small, I bumped into classmates regularly. So be friendly to your classmates and build some friendships from there. Ask somebody from your classes for email or phone number for help on studying and assignments or to ask for notes incase you miss a day of class. After class, you can compare your notes with a classmate if there's a confusion or a professor went over a topic too quickly. And don't be late to lectures! If you have a question or concern about a class ask your professor personally or through email. Try not to procrastinate on finishing assignments. Enjoy your first year!