✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Brent

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

surely you must have seen it coming with that thread title ...

Well I wasn't really concentrating. I replied without reading the thread. Just wanted to make a post in another thread then I could bump one of my own. You look less egotistical then ;)

Which smiley's are cool atm? I'm guessing not that one.

Well I wasn't really concentrating. I replied without reading the thread. Just wanted to make a post in another thread then I could bump one of my own. You look less egotistical then ;)

oh so it's a coolness post

and no that smiley is so 2010

Brent, to be a total bitch you must first follow these simple rules:

1. Eat bread.

2. Don´t care what people think of you, don´t spend your whole time trying to please people because then you´ll end up again with this crappy feeling.

3. Chow down on some ham.

4. Drink some mango juice.

5. If people are nice to you, then be nice. If people are mean to you, be nice again and if they´re still mean then just tell them how you don´t care and that you had a great meal.

Brent, to be a total bitch you must first follow these simple rules:

2. Don´t care what people think of you, don´t spend your whole time trying to please people because then you´ll end up again with this crappy feeling.

5. If people are nice to you, then be nice. If people are mean to you, be nice again

Not really for 'being a total bitch', this is just something I try to live by and I think it's very good to follow it :nod:

I'm really digging this one lately :rolleyes4:

I like Coldplay just fine, it's just annoying when people insist on bringing it up when it's not topical.

EXAMPLE:

Me: What kind of ice cream is your favorite?

Coldplayer: Chris Martin says we should eat more ice cream.

Me: That wasn't the question. What kind of ice cream is your favorite?

Coldplayer: Chris and Jonny like vanilla

Me: Okay

I think its my fault sorry guys! I just dont think its God who chooses who lives and dies. I believe in God myself, i just have half a Christian view and half a scientific view.
Wait, are you implying that the one view has to be completely disentangled from the other one? A scientific view does not necessary exclude a Christian one and vice versa. Uhm, at least in my opinion :S I think people can be 100% Christian while being critical, logical and methodological.

I see it in my work as well. Devoted Christians and Muslims and atheists work here side by side to gain a deeper understanding in genetics and evolutionary ecology.

But back on the topic :P I read a few days ago that there was a study on people that considered themselves lucky and people that considered themselves unfortunate. They followed them and found out that it was not so much about what happened to the people that made them lucky or have bad luck, it was about their mind-set. The lucky people had as much bad luck as the unfortunate people, but they thought of it lightly and noticed better the good things that happened to them. For the unfortunate people it was the other way around. They noticed all the bad things happening, but did not appreciate or even notice it when something good happened to them. So according to this study it was not so much about more bad things happening to certain people, but more about what people gave more value/significance in their lives. Think positive :flower:

And I think it might also be a bit like was said earlier in the thread: Sometimes something is seen as a bad thing, while you can also look at it another way. For example, you can call it bad luck when you park your car again in a pole, but you can also consider yourself lucky that you got out of the accident without damaging yourself and that the insurance gives back enough money for you to buy that other car you wanted to buy anyway. Also you can see something as a learning moment that will make you stronger/more robust/smarter/basically a bitch, so yeah Brent become a bitch :angry:

..... kidding

I love bread, Anette I LOVE IT

Then it will be easy for you :heart: Be a bitch and eat bread.

As long as you don't blame it's Chris Martin's fault, no more agruments should arise. :rolleyes2:

JESUS CHRIST

oooh wait no now you all are going to talk about religion even more :angry: after i say stop everybody stops its my law

Guest LiquidSky
I'm fine

Despite how I may come off on here, I'm a really nice guy (I think I'm just kind of blunt online). I try really really hard to make people happy and I'll go really really far out of my way to make someone happy. I love to make people happy. Calling myself a "good person" would be presumptuous, but I try to live up to that standard.

But not everyone is like that. Some people just absorb and absorb and absorb and then dump you

(as a friend or as a romantic partner) because you're "too nice"

What the fuck is that

I mean really

Has happened to me.. all the time so I can't really tell you why but try not to think too much of it and do whatever makes you happy