✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto era "official" font.

rafaelchampion

With the new Live 2012 promo site (http://live2012.coldplay.com/home.php) Coldplay stopped using images with the MX font and started using the font itself on the webpage. They've called it "ETIAW_V4"

IMPORTANT: The font they're using IS Teco's (Coldplaying user) font, but they seem to have modified it a bit. For those who want to download the "Official" font used in their website, I've managed to download it and convert it to a windows-recognizable type font.

Here it goes: http://www.mediafire.com/?kflmwb51rksy342

^But it's true. Even the "Y" kerning that's a bit wrong in Teco's font is a bit wrong in Coldplay's too. Furthermore Teco provided us the Font for free. Technically it could be used by them.

Le fuck? This would be REALLY weird if they actually used his font :freak:

I'm not underrating Teco's work, actually I love the font he did but when I saw they were using and actual font at the website, I was happy we would have and official one. I can't hide, however I got a bit disappointed when I finally downloaded it and discovered it was not made by them =/

Should I take this situation and ask Teco to work on the font again to correct some Kerning problems and make the angular parts of the letters more roundy?:dozey: (Please! ETIAW_V5!!)

^ is Us against the world... £ is Don't let it break your heart - other 2 i dont know how to do... and the small 1 2 and 3 i dont know either... :( sry if i'm dumb :D

btw i have a euro sign but it's same button as Num Lock so nothing happens when i try to make that symbol... :o

EDIT; oh lol never mind :D just had to copy and paste :) thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, guys, this is f'n incredible. :laugh3:

I'm very pleased about having my copy copied by Coldplay instead of being sued by them. (That's the further I would ever expect.)

Anyways, I don't really dig the idea of editing the font once again as mentioned before. :(

I've spent a whole lot of weeks of 2011 doing so, it was nice and all, but it is exhausting as hell and I do not even have the softwares I used by the time anymore.

• 1 year later...
Lol, guys, this is f'n incredible. :laugh3:

I'm very pleased about having my copy copied by Coldplay instead of being sued by them. (That's the further I would ever expect.)

Anyways, I don't really dig the idea of editing the font once again as mentioned before. :(

I've spent a whole lot of weeks of 2011 doing so, it was nice and all, but it is exhausting as hell and I do not even have the softwares I used by the time anymore.

Congratulations I suppose!

I think the band should gift you coldplay signed stuff lol