✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Tips on how to get autographs/meet a band at a concert

Til_Kingdom_Come

I'm going to a Green Day concert at the Emirates Stadium and I was wondering if it is actually possible for someone to meet a band or get autographs or a picture or whatever at a concert, without having a VIP pass or paying tons of money.

If you have done any of this, how was it? Were the band as you expected them to be?

Thanks in advance. :)

I find that venue size is the biggest factor. Less than 5,000 capacity is ideal. At a stadium? No way in hell. It's extremely difficult at an arena, but a stadium? Don't even bother trying, quite honestly.

It also depends on the band's schedule. Sometimes the band has to immediately head out the door after a show to reach the next city on their tour schedule in time or get to whatever fancy afterparty they have in store.

The band themselves is a big factor too. Some bands are great to fans, and some are outright jackasses who won't talk to you because they have attitude problems. The majority are great to their fans, but occasionally you'll deal with one that doesn't appreciate fans like they should (*cough*Metric*cough*).

But for smaller venues, your best bet is to locate the tour buses or the door where gear is being loaded back into the trucks and wait there after the show. Or at some venues, just waiting out front gets the job done. It depends on the venue, but chances are other people will be waiting for the band, so spot the crowd.

Many festivals also have band signings, though this is restricted to smaller acts.

stadium: wikipedia

So yeah, it is a place where they hold (outdoor) sports and concerts. O2 arena I would include as well. 23,000 is still a lot.

btw, my tip is: Don't do it.

Especially trying to meet the support act - just because that's easier than Green Day ... what a great reason to do so. I bet the band is thrilled to hear from you that you want their autograph just because they were easier to approach than Green Day. I hope the question about Kaiser Chiefs being worth the try is about seeing them in concert and not about hunting for their autographs.

I don't know, I just don't get the whole autograph hunting thing, that's probably why I sound so negative :/

It's just, okay if a band means the world to you or they have a signature event anyway, but to hunt them down to meet them even if you don't really care for the band, but just because you have the opportunity ... I really don't get that.

I don't know, I just don't get the whole autograph hunting thing, that's probably why I sound so negative :/

It's just, okay if a band means the world to you or they have a signature event anyway, but to hunt them down to meet them even if you don't really care for the band, but just because you have the opportunity ... I really don't get that.

This, this, this. If you don't know the band or are trying to meet them just to say that you DID, then it's not worth it. I suppose the band would notice that you're not there for them, too.

Seriously, I'm kind of scared of meeting the band I don't know all that well even though I like them. I really don't want to be one of those "HI OMG I LUV U CAN HASZ AUTOGRAPH?!? ..... oh and yours, too, whoever you are?" types.

stadium: wikipedia

So yeah, it is a place where they hold (outdoor) sports and concerts. O2 arena I would include as well. 23,000 is still a lot.

btw, my tip is: Don't do it.

Especially trying to meet the support act - just because that's easier than Green Day ... what a great reason to do so. I bet the band is thrilled to hear from you that you want their autograph just because they were easier to approach than Green Day. I hope the question about Kaiser Chiefs being worth the try is about seeing them in concert and not about hunting for their autographs.

fyi i really do like kaiser chiefs and all time low. ive got a few of their albums on itunes. :)

Do you know what hotels famous people usually stay at in your city?

Be careful with this, it can get stalkerish and nobody likes stalkers.

A few fans waited in Tom Hiddleston's hotel lobby for him for hours and he was flattered but very weirded out.

That being said, assuming you don't cross the line between looking for and stalking, I don't see anything wrong with looking for band members. Although I'm in 100% agreement that it should be because you want to talk/meet them, and not just for bragging rights/autographs.

fyi i really do like kaiser chiefs and all time low. ive got a few of their albums on itunes. :)
Ah my bad, I got from your previous posts that you were just going for it, whether or not you even like the bands. I guess that is not the case then.

haha very funny. its not really his fault hes in rehab hes just goin through some tough times. and for the record i wish him all the best and so should you.

It's not my fault I ran some kids over with my car and then cut off their limbs with a chainsaw, I'm just going through tough times.

haha very funny. its not really his fault hes in rehab hes just goin through some tough times. and for the record i wish him all the best and so should you.

You're right. Addiction is an illness, the same as anything else, I do wish him the best.

It's not my fault I ran some kids over with my car and then cut off their limbs with a chainsaw, I'm just going through tough times.

Prison is a form of rehab.

God!! Thankyou!! :D

On the other side of the issue though, it's much easier to be an addict when you're a multimillionaire with the best people in the world caring for you. I do wish him the best, but there are people out there worse off than him, and they shouldn't be forgotten, just because they didn't write Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

Not a dig at anyone, just trying to be fair.

On the other side of the issue though, it's much easier to be an addict when you're a multimillionaire with the best people in the world caring for you. I do wish him the best, but there are people out there worse off than him, and they shouldn't be forgotten, just because they didn't write Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

Not a dig at anyone, just trying to be fair.

Oh God, are you going on about that stupid thing Noel Gallagher said about them copying WONDERWALL??!! Because they sound nothing like each other. I mean, I like Noel's music as I really like High Flying Birds and Oasis, but I think he can be a bit of a moron sometimes. :/ Anyway, this thread is MEANT to be about meeting a band, NOT about Billie Joe's recent rehab stint! :(