Guess coldplay song

Coldplayer_42_arobtth

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got it! 2 + 2= 4, then 4 + 4 = 8, then 8 + 8 = 16. That takes you all around the square corners, and uses the 1. The odd numbers can all be combined with the 5 to equal the outer boxes. It seems that adjacent or diagonal numbers always add or subtract together. How about Clocks? I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It is past 3 am here, Nie is already posting (which indicates that I should not be awake...) and I'm still at work. Something is clearly wrong with my life. :nod:

And worst of all, i am too stupid for this riddle :D

Gotta be Talk, cause nothing is really making any sense at all !

• Like 1

Ok, I think that I have cracked it (with a little help from Google and 2 coffees to wake me up) :D

The pattern in the square is as follows:

the sum of the numbers on each line (horizontal and vertical and diagonal) = 15

4+9+2 =15

3+5+7 = 15

8+1+6 = 15

4+3+8 = 15

9+5+1 = 15

2+7+6 =15

This pattern is called a magic square.

So I'm guessing the song has to be Magic?

• Like 3

Ok, I think that I have cracked it (with a little help from Google and 2 coffees to wake me up) :D

4+9+2 =15

3+5+7 = 15

8+1+6 = 15

4+3+8 = 15

9+5+1 = 15

2+7+6 =15

That has got to be it ! Now I can go to sleep without thinking about this riddle ;)

I'm fairly certain it's Trouble cause I have lots of Trouble seeing a pattern here :D

Did I just stump @I ran away? I'm having a lucky day :D

4+9+2 =15

3+5+7 = 15

8+1+6 = 15

4+3+8 = 15

9+5+1 = 15

2+7+6 =15

This is indeed the pattern I was looking for (don't forget the two diagonals!) and it is called a magic square. @AMDB9 was the first one to find a pattern based on the actual number values. Then @coldplayisawesome, @iamsue, and @42Escapist began using addition to find the pattern, and then finally @Nie (with the help of coffee and Google) delivered the punchline. :) So now I have to hand it over to @Nie's coffee and Google @Nie. Good teamwork :)

• Like 3

I didn't forget the diagonals :D

"the sum of the numbers on each line (horizontal and vertical and diagonal) = 15"

I just didn't add them in the list.

OK, the next one is going to ask for some searchwork / teamwork too I think.

• Like 1

OK, from @guy42's Mathematics riddle over to Geography and Poetry

[ATTACH=full]5633[/ATTACH]

The info on this geography map will bring you to a famous poem.

In that poem you will find a little phrase that you also can find in the song that I'm looking for.

It was also an inspiration for another Coldplay song.

I would like have the 2 songs.

• Like 1

Yes, In Flanders Fields:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

I did not know the poem before (I had to look the poem up in the internet, although I thought of All Your Friends right away when I saw that the city is called Ypres because i had heard of the WWI battle sometime ago) so your riddle was a really good one because it made me (and others?) learn something ! Without the internet I could not have gotten it that fast.

If you want you can make a second riddle for everyone because I thought of one yesterday evening but completely forgot about what it was, so it may take me hours to remember :)

• Like 4

I'll try: White, as in SMOKE, or a GHOST (that you see right thru). Part of disease is from CLOCKS, which starts with starts with ". Lights go out, that reminds me of a shadow. Ok, I'm reaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, I will reveal something:

White Shadows is the right answer (see, @Nie, you're not alone in making elaborate riddles that get guessed immediately ! ;)), but the explanation from @iamsue is not the reasoning I thought of. Let's hear what @RealRece has as a reasoning... the reasoning I want to hear is a very specific one and I am curious if anyone can guess it :)

Interesting, what makes you think that ?

Alright, so I will try and explain what I thought in my head. Probably won't go well lol

So, starting with the first line: "Smoke is rising from the houses"

1) So smoke casts a shadow, and I thought "Huh... That must be a clue to something because you can also sort of see through it"

Second line: "You say you see straight through me"

2) So, this made me think even more of the smoke and how you can somewhat see through it, especially if it's white. And white is closer to clear (in my head) than black is. If that makes sense...

Third Line: Am I part of the disease ? You are"

3) Well, the only thing I took from this is that smoke causes sickness in people or even death if you inhale too much. Also, smoking cigarettes can cause bad diseases as well, and cigarettes are white, as is the smoke for them.

Fourth Line: "So you take a picture of something you see"

4) And this just reminds me of how people take pictures of shadows for an added affect in pictures if that makes sense :p and for some reason, when ever I think of pictures with shadows, they always seem to be black and white. Since white seemed to be the theme in the poem thingy, I assumed it was talking about white shadows.

I don't know if any of that made sense though... lol

• Like 3